Comments
18,021 - 18,040 of 30,617 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19905 Aug 13, 2013
mikey wrote:
This 4th grade teacher has said it all, and she was brave enough to attach her name to it.
She didn't write it...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/ihaveh...
WordGames

Canton, OH

#19906 Aug 13, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>This statement is based on what?
Are you for or against Social Security? Do you receive Social Security?
WordGames

Canton, OH

#19907 Aug 13, 2013
mikey wrote:
This 4th grade teacher has said it all, and she was brave enough to attach her name to it.
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500
Mr. Obama:
I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.
You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the United States . You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.
I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ? Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?
Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States ? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia .... You didn't show Great Britain , our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia .. How dare you, sir! How dare you!
You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey ...... You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you? I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.
You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.
What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer. You haven't said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn't!
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now?
I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.
I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities.
Sincerely,
Ms Kathleen Lyday
In summary...Republicans don't like black people.
WordGames

Canton, OH

#19908 Aug 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier said than done.
I often use my raccoon analogy to make the point.
You see a raccoon digging in your garbage, so you give him a nice hunk of roast beef. The raccoon dines in delight taking advantage of the gift you gave him. Now try to take that roast beef away from him and see what happens.
That's the way people are--especially when it comes to government goodies. Once you give that raccoon that roast beef, there is no taking it away without getting bit. Even the most conservative politicians realize this, and they don't dare to take away government goodies.
The exception to that was Welfare Reform created by Newt Gingrich. But the only reason he tackled that is because of the numerous complaints by voters who got sick of seeing people using welfare as a way of life.
We've seen this in the past. Democrats are born liars, so you have to watch what you say and do. If you are against the federal government forcing insurance companies to pay for birth control, the Democrats lie and call it a War on Women. Back in the 90's, the Republicans created block grants for states for welfare and the school lunch program. This took out a lot of government paper pushers, so the Democrats retaliated by saying Republicans want your children to starve. Medicare Reform? The Democrats said Republicans wanted old people to die.
When you deal with people as dishonest as the devil himself, you have to be very clever on what you say and do.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

-Greek proverb
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19909 Aug 13, 2013
WordGames wrote:
<quoted text>
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
-Greek proverb
You don't need to sit in the shade these days. Too damn cold outside. Why.... it's the middle of August and it's going down to the 40's tomorrow night.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19910 Aug 13, 2013
WordGames wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for or against Social Security? Do you receive Social Security?
You didn't answer my question & NOW you want to take a poll??
That in & of itself gives the answer to my question. TY
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19911 Aug 13, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't answer my question & NOW you want to take a poll??
That in & of itself gives the answer to my question. TY
The real answer is that SS, Medicare and Medicaid should not be administered by the federal government. They have no Constitutional authority to do so. If states want to start such programs, then by all means, it's up to the people of the state to do so.

SS, Medicare and Medicaid are programs designed so that the populous becomes dependent on the federal government. The bigger the government--the smaller the citizen.

Now we have Obama Care. Hurray!!!! But like all the other federal programs, Commie Care will be just one more disaster like the other ones.

Well if it's going to be a disaster, then why start another failed federal government program? The answer is simple: because it gives the federal government total control over the people.

Let's face it, what activities do we involve ourselves with today that doesn't have an impact on our health? What we eat, what we drink, what we smoke, what physical activities we involve ourselves in, what we drive, what safety precautions we practice when we drive, how much television we watch, how much time we spend on the internet, how much alcohol we consume, how much we weigh..........

The list goes on and on. But since the goal of Commie Care is to get rid of private insurance and rely totally on the federal government, then what aspect of our lives would they not be able to control?

The sheep don't understand this. Like frogs, they are more than willing to jump in that pot of cold refreshing water on the stove because it's not warm just yet. But as time goes on and that water gets hotter and hotter, it's only then they will realize they've become activists in making the story of 1984 a reality.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#19914 Aug 13, 2013
WordGames wrote:
<quoted text>
In summary...Republicans don't like black people.
Yep republicans like George Wallace, Robert Byrd, and all them republicans standing in the way of civil right were some real bastards! Ohhh wait..... those were democrats.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19915 Aug 13, 2013
To XXX; I agree with ur post but Canton still can't directly answer my question because Cantons thinking is convaluted. That is my post.

United States

#19916 Aug 13, 2013
Most Northeastern Ohio folks with the exception of xxx, and apparently a lot of Dayton folks now have been chanting for years: 'two legs bad.......four legs good' 'two legs bad.......four legs good'

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#19917 Aug 14, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Most Northeastern Ohio folks with the exception of xxx, and apparently a lot of Dayton folks now have been chanting for years:'two legs bad.......four legs good''two legs bad.......four legs good'
I concur, most of the NEO people are leftists.

If you want to see why the D party fails, look at us.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19918 Aug 14, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur, most of the NEO people are leftists.
If you want to see why the D party fails, look at us.
Neo-Cons are Leftist and always have been which Most who claim to be conservative are.
NASAorTruckDrive r

Canton, OH

#19921 Aug 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to sit in the shade these days. Too damn cold outside. Why.... it's the middle of August and it's going down to the 40's tomorrow night.
I know. It's like our climate has changed or something.
IGotMineScrewYou rs

Canton, OH

#19922 Aug 14, 2013
Pops wrote:
To XXX; I agree with ur post but Canton still can't directly answer my question because Cantons thinking is convaluted. That is my post.
You asked what I based my comment on. One need not look any further than you, Pops. I base my statement on people like yourself.

Now answer my question.

Do you want to do away with Social Security? Now...do you personally receive it?

Bingo, old clown. Just because you look stupid, doesn't mean it takes some great conspiracy. Hell, you've been proven to lie on here so much, you are lucky I even address your out of touch feeble ramblings.
IGotMineScrewYou rs

Canton, OH

#19923 Aug 14, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep republicans like George Wallace, Robert Byrd, and all them republicans standing in the way of civil right were some real bastards! Ohhh wait..... those were democrats.
I forget. Was it you or the truck driver that called the elected President of the United States a "Half Breed"?
IGotMineScrewYou rs

Canton, OH

#19924 Aug 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The real answer is that SS, Medicare and Medicaid should not be administered by the federal government. They have no Constitutional authority to do so. If states want to start such programs, then by all means, it's up to the people of the state to do so.
SS, Medicare and Medicaid are programs designed so that the populous becomes dependent on the federal government. The bigger the government--the smaller the citizen.
Now we have Obama Care. Hurray!!!! But like all the other federal programs, Commie Care will be just one more disaster like the other ones.
Well if it's going to be a disaster, then why start another failed federal government program? The answer is simple: because it gives the federal government total control over the people.
Let's face it, what activities do we involve ourselves with today that doesn't have an impact on our health? What we eat, what we drink, what we smoke, what physical activities we involve ourselves in, what we drive, what safety precautions we practice when we drive, how much television we watch, how much time we spend on the internet, how much alcohol we consume, how much we weigh..........
The list goes on and on. But since the goal of Commie Care is to get rid of private insurance and rely totally on the federal government, then what aspect of our lives would they not be able to control?
The sheep don't understand this. Like frogs, they are more than willing to jump in that pot of cold refreshing water on the stove because it's not warm just yet. But as time goes on and that water gets hotter and hotter, it's only then they will realize they've become activists in making the story of 1984 a reality.
That's all fine and dandy but you base your comments on predictions. How's the GOP on predictions? Oh, that's right. You guys hit zero out of a 1000.

United States

#19925 Aug 14, 2013
IGotMineScrewYours wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all fine and dandy but you base your comments on predictions. How's the GOP on predictions? Oh, that's right. You guys hit zero out of a 1000.
Two legs bad..... Four legs good!!!

United States

#19926 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I forget. Was it you or the truck driver that called the elected President of the United States a "Half Breed"?
That wouldve been Harry Reid or Bubba Clinton. Remember who wasnt good enough to serve Clinton his coffee?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19927 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?

You mean when bussing came along and conservatives said it would chase all the people with money out of the city, that didn't happen?

Or when we told you unions were becoming too strong and would chase jobs out of the country, that didn't happen?

Or when we said environmental regulations were too expensive and burdensome on companies, and they will likely take their industry overseas, that didn't happen?

When we said single-parent homes and taking God out of society would have a negative effect on our children, that didn't happen?

When conservatives said that allowing citizens to carry and use firearms for protection would actually reduce crime, that didn't happen?

When conservatives said that Commie Care would hamper new job creation in this country and have a negative economic impact, that didn't happen?

It seems to me we conservatives are right on the money repeatedly. I think it's liberals that have a problem with predicting the future.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19928 Aug 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I called DumBama a half-breed. It's a comical insult created by the writers of a 70's show called The Jefferson's.

The star of the show was a black actor playing the part of George Jefferson. His daughter was married to a Mulatto who George frequently referred to as Zebra or a half-breed.

Yes..... to your chagrin, the term "half-breed" was created for a black actor on a black comedy show. And believe it or not, the show Jefferson's was a spin off of All in the Family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doggie Delight (Dec '13) Aug 28 TeresaB988 2
Ashlin Faulkerson (Nov '11) Aug 27 chandra hakes 7
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Joey (Joseph) Cramton (Jan '12) Aug 16 asdl 14
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
josh newman Aug '14 curious4 1
centerville Jul '14 Zappa 2
•••
•••
•••

North-Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

North-Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE