Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2014

Judged:

The fundamentalist terrorist group Isis wants to set the middle east back to he religious stone ages. So anyway, tell us more about how birth control with make you be tortured by a pointy eared devil monster in the fire world. Seems rational in the year 2014
super mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
The fundamentalist terrorist group Isis wants to set the middle east back to he religious stone ages. So anyway, tell us more about how birth control with make you be tortured by a pointy eared devil monster in the fire world. Seems rational in the year 2014
Obama's doing a great job, isn't he?

Birth control isn't an issue, unless it's being used to kill babies. Out of the 20 birth control methods available to women, only 4 of them were contested. The remaining 16 will still be covered in Hobby Lobby's insurance plan. So, what are you libtards whining about again? I can't remember. Oh yeah ... you have to make every one conform 100% to your ideology, under penalty of law, or you lose your stupid little minds.
super mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
That won't bother Obama. He is self absorbed, inexperienced, arrogant & narccasistic, truly ignorant of the intended & true workings of the Constitution. HE knows what is best for the world, & the U.S. just ask him.
It will be interesting to see how the lawsuit against him goes. He acts like nothing is powerful enough to stop him. I hope he's in for a rude awakening.
d pantz

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be OK with you if corporations put restrictions on employees based on any peaceful religious doctrine other than Christianity? Maybe a piss test for detecting if employees have been eating pork products or a meeting in the conference hall that starts with everyone facing Mecca. Where do you draw the line with which religion getting to infiltrate corporate policies? Also, since you are not a woman, and you claim you aren't religious, why do you give a rat's @ss about a terrible Supreme Court decision based on the common modern practice of birth control? What cave you living in, hound dog?
Piss testing for pork and being forced by kaw to buy honey baked hams for everybody would be two totally different things. Next.
d pantz

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
more than you know.. http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/06/officials-u-s-t...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Who said I had anything against birth control? I don't care about birth control. I would celebrate this decision even if the court ruled against government forcing industries to provide nail polish to female employees.

The decision is historical because it's a push back against an over barring intrusive government that's sticking it's nose in where it doesn't belong. Anytime we the people are able to win against Cradle-to-Grave government, it's always reason to celebrate. It's just like when the court threw out Nanny Bloomberg's soda size ban in NY. I loved it even though I've never been to NYC.

What you don't understand is that our founders never set up government to control the people. Our government was setup to govern--as in government issues. The larger the government--the smaller the citizen. And don't get me wrong, my opinion is not partisan here. I feel the same way about some Republican issues as well. It's why I'm slowly slipping towards Libertarianism. Whatever group of people are able to get more government out of our lives, the better.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be OK with you if corporations put restrictions on employees based on any peaceful religious doctrine other than Christianity? Maybe a piss test for detecting if employees have been eating pork products or a meeting in the conference hall that starts with everyone facing Mecca. Where do you draw the line with which religion getting to infiltrate corporate policies?
The line is drawn when government forces an industry to participate in practices that are offensive to their religion. It's no different than if some goofy politician created a law that businesses must have devil worshiping at lunch time for their employees. What's the difference? It's like some Republican politician creating law that environmental groups must burn all their garbage outside.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So the Supreme Courts ruling that government doesn't have the constitutional authority to force companies to go against their religious doctrines is comparable to Sharia Law?
So if liberals ever get in a leadership position again, and they write a law that companies must pay for their employees car insurance, and the Supreme Court rules that unconstitutional, what will you compare that to?
While we're on the subject, what (in your opinion) should employers also be responsible for? Paying for your kids education? Paying for your child's daycare bill? Paying for their college? Your rent or mortgage?
"Any government large enough to give you everything you want is large enough to take everything you have."
The Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby case had nothing to do with the Constitution. You're welcome.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

nobama
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The line is drawn when government forces an industry to participate in practices that are offensive to their religion. It's no different than if some goofy politician created a law that businesses must have devil worshiping at lunch time for their employees. What's the difference? It's like some Republican politician creating law that environmental groups must burn all their garbage outside.
Cool, and since people are people, just like corporations, my religion tells me "Thou shall not kill". so I want every cent of my tax money that went towards paying for GW Bush's war returned to me pronto.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, or like the Supreme Court putting one religion above all other religions. Completely against what this nation was founded on.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

Or like forcing your child to pray to another religion's god in a tax funded public school, or forcing a religious fairytale to be taught in the science classes of that same publically funded school. Darn those Liberals!
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, that would be kooky if corporations were allowed to enforce their own personal religious views on their employees, wouldn't it?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I had anything against birth control? I don't care about birth control. I would celebrate this decision even if the court ruled against government forcing industries to provide nail polish to female employees.
The decision is historical because it's a push back against an over barring intrusive government that's sticking it's nose in where it doesn't belong. Anytime we the people are able to win against Cradle-to-Grave government, it's always reason to celebrate. It's just like when the court threw out Nanny Bloomberg's soda size ban in NY. I loved it even though I've never been to NYC.
What you don't understand is that our founders never set up government to control the people. Our government was setup to govern--as in government issues. The larger the government--the smaller the citizen. And don't get me wrong, my opinion is not partisan here. I feel the same way about some Republican issues as well. It's why I'm slowly slipping towards Libertarianism. Whatever group of people are able to get more government out of our lives, the better.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal(D-Conn) pointed out that his Women's Health Protection Act, which would ban states from enacting some of the 205 and counting laws Republican controlled Statehouses have passed since 2011.
One wild guess who's against it, but there's no war on women.
House Republicans countered by submitting even more bills against women, all the while saying jobs were more on their minds than women's rights.
Who block's every viable jobs bill? Except the one's full of poison pill amendments.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

super mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's doing a great job, isn't he?
Birth control isn't an issue, unless it's being used to kill babies. Out of the 20 birth control methods available to women, only 4 of them were contested. The remaining 16 will still be covered in Hobby Lobby's insurance plan. So, what are you libtards whining about again? I can't remember. Oh yeah ... you have to make every one conform 100% to your ideology, under penalty of law, or you lose your stupid little minds.
Funny on how they invest in Big Pharma companies that make those products and covered all birth control until the ACA was passed.
Sally Kohn statement:
www.politifact.com
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

Happy 4th of July and a special thanks to the Liberal thinking that got us away from a government mandated religion in the form of an armed revolution.
Also, let's all take a moment to thank our hero president for giving everyone here on this forum a tax cut. Because like you guys have always said...taxed enough already. Wonder how Fox News missed that story? It's almost as if...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby case had nothing to do with the Constitution. You're welcome.
Sure did had to do with the US Constitution and SCOTUS cases argued under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 where the 1st amendment was being violated just like Hobby Lobby's religious beliefs were being violated that they held.

The Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment states that Congress shall not pass laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedo...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Canton wrote:
Happy 4th of July and a special thanks to the Liberal thinking that got us away from a government mandated religion in the form of an armed revolution.
Also, let's all take a moment to thank our hero president for giving everyone here on this forum a tax cut. Because like you guys have always said...taxed enough already. Wonder how Fox News missed that story? It's almost as if...
I must have missed it too because I didn't get any tax cut. Instead, taxes increased on my cigarettes and I lost my health insurance. My groceries and gasoline is much higher. You can't get unlimited internet on your cell phone because somebody has to pay for those free phones the government gives out. And I also have to pay transfer fees on my credit cards which I never had to do before DumBama when he rode into town and started make laws for credit card institutions.

Man if I only had the money I had before Big-Ears invaded the White House.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Funny on how they invest in Big Pharma companies that make those products and covered all birth control until the ACA was passed.
Sally Kohn statement:
www.politifact.com
Funny how that's nothing but bull:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreybrown/2014...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sen. Richard Blumenthal(D-Conn) pointed out that his Women's Health Protection Act, which would ban states from enacting some of the 205 and counting laws Republican controlled Statehouses have passed since 2011.
One wild guess who's against it, but there's no war on women.
House Republicans countered by submitting even more bills against women, all the while saying jobs were more on their minds than women's rights.
Who block's every viable jobs bill? Except the one's full of poison pill amendments.
Yeah. Don't you hate those politicians that block jobs?

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North-Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashlin Faulkerson (Nov '11) Wed tim 6
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Joey (Joseph) Cramton (Jan '12) Aug 16 asdl 14
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
josh newman Aug 1 curious4 1
centerville Jul 28 Zappa 2
East Liverpool Municipal Jul 25 Wanda Baker 1

Search the North-Georgetown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

North-Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••