Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29187 Jun 2, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
0-2. Two supposed conservative purists and neither one can name a person who they would want to be POTUS. Typical. All whining and complaining, no solutions.
If there are no qualified candidates, HTF are we supposed to name such a person?
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29188 Jun 2, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You are leaving out the 2 most importants reasons why the majority voted for G.W. Bush and they are Al Gore and John Kerry who made sure that G.W. Bush got elected twice and if the Democrats would have selected more to the right a Democrat would have been in office.
Which goes back to what I've said all along when it comes to voting: you don't vote a candidate in because he shares your values, you vote a candidate in because you don't want his opposition getting the job who shares less of your values.

"I didn't vote for Romney, I voted against DumBama"
xxxrayted
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29189 Jun 2, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are no qualified candidates, HTF are we supposed to name such a person?
Don't you find it troubling that your beliefs are so far afield that you can't name a single person on the face of the Earth that you would want to be POTUS?
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29190 Jun 2, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he went to college, that means he's smart? No, it means he got an education.
Xxxrated, I'm sure you consider yourself an unsentimental realist, but you are really fooling yourself with this idea. When you see an NBA player do an amazing move, do you think "yeah, he may be tall and strong, but he's probably very clumsy in real life"? Or "short guys like me can play the game just as well, because we have "common sense"?

No, that's obviously silly. But intelligence is just as real as height or athleticism. And just like the amusement park sign that says "You must be this tall to ride", college limits admission to those that are smarter than average. Did you ever take an SAT or ACT test? Were you smart enough to take the college ride?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart is a combination of common sense and perhaps education.
Nope, smart is raw brain power. Which is useful in everyday life, but essential for some activities. Certain forms of education will only be frustrating for those not smart enough to learn. Most adults will never be smart enough to solve differential equations (even the ones with a lot of common sense!)

Be the best YOU that you can be, but please don't fool yourself into thinking that intelligence doesn't matter. Smart people have a tremendous advantage in the modern world, and most high paying jobs now require intelligence plus education.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a lot of commons sense. Maybe that's why I drive a truck for a living.
half breed

Lima, OH

#29191 Jun 2, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Xxxrated, I'm sure you consider yourself an unsentimental realist, but you are really fooling yourself with this idea. When you see an NBA player do an amazing move, do you think "yeah, he may be tall and strong, but he's probably very clumsy in real life"? Or "short guys like me can play the game just as well, because we have "common sense"?
No, that's obviously silly. But intelligence is just as real as height or athleticism. And just like the amusement park sign that says "You must be this tall to ride", college limits admission to those that are smarter than average. Did you ever take an SAT or ACT test? Were you smart enough to take the college ride?
<quoted text>
Nope, smart is raw brain power. Which is useful in everyday life, but essential for some activities. Certain forms of education will only be frustrating for those not smart enough to learn. Most adults will never be smart enough to solve differential equations (even the ones with a lot of common sense!)
Be the best YOU that you can be, but please don't fool yourself into thinking that intelligence doesn't matter. Smart people have a tremendous advantage in the modern world, and most high paying jobs now require intelligence plus education.
<quoted text>
You're probably wasting your time, Old Guy.
You're trying to explain logic and intelligence to a person who thinks healthcare is a Satanic plot, believes cigarette smoke isn't harmful to children, and STILL insists that the climate isn't changing...
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29192 Jun 2, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK, guys, you've got my interest. I'm getting tired of hearing, no matter how conservative the individual, they are actually just liberals in disguise (including every Republican president, right?)
So, in a perfect conservative world, if it was just up to you, who would you choose to be the next President?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of who OG, it's a matter of what.
Not only has there never been a person running for President that's been conservative enough for me, but there's never been a candidate either.
I'm disappointed, but not surprised that you did not answer. It is always easier to complain, than to take a positive stand for something. I hope that Anonymous is more forthcoming in his answer.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29193 Jun 3, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm disappointed, but not surprised that you did not answer. It is always easier to complain, than to take a positive stand for something. I hope that Anonymous is more forthcoming in his answer.
How is giving you the name of somebody that's conservative enough for me to vote for taking a stand?

How would I know if somebody is conservative enough for me to vote for unless they actually make a run for office and I hear and read their entire platform?

I am not with Indy that every politician in the country is a liberal, but there are no 100% conservative politicians out there in my opinion. A conservative politician would slice every program not outlined in the US Constitution. A conservative would vow to get rid of all bureaucracies and leave all law making up to the Congress the way our founders intended. A conservative would run on erasing some of the tens of thousands of laws we have instead of signing new ones.

Do you know of such a person?
super mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#29194 Jun 3, 2014
0-2. Two supposed conservative purists and neither one can name a person who they would want to be POTUS. Typical. All whining and complaining, no solutions.
Trey Gowdy and Ted Cruz haven't been thoroughly vetted yet, but so far, I would like to see them run. I'm also a big fan of Ben Carson. Any of the 3 would do.
super mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#29195 Jun 3, 2014
Obama has traded 5 high-profile terrorists for one deserter.

Number 1: Why are we negotiating with terrorists?

Number 2: Why are we bartering for a deserter?

Number 3: Why is one deserter worth more than the American lives that will be taken by the freed terrorists?

Number 4: Why are we negotiating with terrorists?

This is a slap in the face to every American who actually loves America, and particularly to the families of the soldiers who were killed by these terrorists. Liberals rejoice!
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#29196 Jun 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How is giving you the name of somebody that's conservative enough for me to vote for taking a stand?
How would I know if somebody is conservative enough for me to vote for unless they actually make a run for office and I hear and read their entire platform?
I am not with Indy that every politician in the country is a liberal, but there are no 100% conservative politicians out there in my opinion. A conservative politician would slice every program not outlined in the US Constitution. A conservative would vow to get rid of all bureaucracies and leave all law making up to the Congress the way our founders intended. A conservative would run on erasing some of the tens of thousands of laws we have instead of signing new ones.
You wouldn't like what the 'robber baron' days were like. Oh, wait a minute, you would, but then you would owned.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#29197 Jun 3, 2014
super mutt wrote:
Number 3: Why is one deserter worth more than the American lives that will be taken by the freed terrorists?
This is a slap in the face to every American who actually loves America, and particularly to the families of the soldiers who were killed by these terrorists. Liberals rejoice!
politifact.com looked into it. See that you are still clueless as usual. Look at Televangelist Ted Cruz's statement and learn. Never heard of the Iran-Contra affair either?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29198 Jun 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very good reason why that person doesn't exist.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29199 Jun 3, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't like what the 'robber baron' days were like. Oh, wait a minute, you would, but then you would owned.
Ray would love shopping at the company store.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29200 Jun 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Ray would love shopping at the company store.
when you receive your monthly subsidy check from Obama, you shop at the company store.

putting you out in the fields to work would have you lose 80 pounds in 60 days.

if you did not lose the weight, your heart would explode from over exertion.

either way is a win win for America.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29201 Jun 3, 2014
super mutt wrote:
Good enough for Reagan, good enough for me.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29202 Jun 3, 2014
Just read a fascinating article about the CEO of Costco. e was explaining how they achieve record profits.

"We pay our employees 45K a year, give them health insurance, and allow them to Unionize."

It's almost as if every single thing you guys have ever said or believed is absolute bulls1t. Now get off your bellies for the big boss man because you Tea Baggers are an embarrassment to this nation.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29203 Jun 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If Republicans have been running the show most your life, that means we have had a Republican President, a Republican Congress, and a Republican Senate all those years. There is no truth to that.
We did have an all Republican government for a few short years as well as an all Democrat government for a few short years. And what happened? When you have a one party government, bad things happen.
In both instances, the debt increased 8 trillion dollars: 4 trillion in 8 years under Bush and 4 trillion in 4 years under DumBama.
It is a documented fact that our current GOP Congress is the most ineffective Congress in the history of this nation. Don't worry though. In a few years you guys will be rewriting the history of that too and telling us it never happened or putting some nonsense spin on it. Also, who cares if you hillbillies can't figure out that our nation costs more to run than it did when you were a kid?
Canton

Canton, OH

#29204 Jun 3, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You are leaving out the 2 most importants reasons why the majority voted for G.W. Bush and they are Al Gore and John Kerry who made sure that G.W. Bush got elected twice and if the Democrats would have selected more to the right a Democrat would have been in office.
If one looks at how shady the GOP got on the voting of both of those elections, I think you'll find the real reason how GW won.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29205 Jun 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a documented fact that our current GOP Congress is the most ineffective Congress in the history of this nation. Don't worry though. In a few years you guys will be rewriting the history of that too and telling us it never happened or putting some nonsense spin on it. Also, who cares if you hillbillies can't figure out that our nation costs more to run than it did when you were a kid?
with your vast education, and massive employment record of success..........

tell me again how you are going to buy me with your subsidy checks.

you lie with every post.

now you are 46, and prior worked in a foundry where you retired, and worked for the GOP.

You are a lemming racist, and you are currently falling from the cliff.

Tell me again how you the almighty Canton are the supreme commander of the lemming ship to starvation, as it is a hoot to read.

PS: you the big industry man.....did you complete the mandated census form due 7/10/14 or be fined or potentially jailed?

or did the US Dept of Commerce not notify you of the requirement to fill out the census because you add nothing to commerce?

SBO-1/2-L1

I await your continued lies and spin, and still waiting for the amusement of the forum where you throw money at my feet.

are you to lazy to go rob someone so you can pitch coins at me?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#29206 Jun 3, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
If one looks at how shady the GOP got on the voting of both of those elections, I think you'll find the real reason how GW won.
it is also amazing to me.

John Edwards, John Kerry, and Al Gore were such magnificent candidates it is hard to imagine Bush won without cheating.

Expect the next POTUS on day 1 by executive order erase the entire 8 years of Obama.

Obama said it is OK, because he does it everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tomas Clifford Mahan Sun Kevin Mcguffie 1
News Bar Association hand-off Apr 21 MIattnyssuck 2
Porter Kilmer (Sep '14) Apr 21 Banana65 10
News Retired chief deputy eyes Leetonia job Apr 20 delarue7 1
News Stefani Schaefer (Oct '09) Apr 9 JOEBOBINONBILLYSJ... 59
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar 28 Randy Miller 7
Rick Dye Mar '17 Tom the fist 3

North-Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North-Georgetown Mortgages