Man convicted in crash that killed woman, her unborn child is r...

Dennis Stark remembers March 20 as the night his life stopped. It was on that evening a decade ago that he found two simple, but arresting messages that had been left on his answering machine: Please call City ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Matthew

Hinckley, OH

#1 Mar 20, 2008
God Bless the Stark Family. I see the results of drunk driving nightly and see the lives it ruins. Reading this makes me determined, more than ever, to catch and prosecute persons for OVI. Driving Drunk is not worth it! Call a cab or have a DD.
Diane

Stow, OH

#2 Mar 20, 2008
I've known a couple of families that lost someone to a drunk driver. Ten year sentences (or less), for killing someone, because of booze, is not much of a deterrent for other would be killers.

There needs to be tougher laws and longer sentences imposed on people who make these kind of MISTAKES; or other families will end up living a life without loved ones.

Quiet Storm

Akron, OH

#3 Mar 20, 2008
It took a big heart to forgive this man for what he has done. I hope tht he has learneed a valuable lesson in this. My thought's and prayers go out to both families.
Emma

Cleveland, OH

#4 Mar 20, 2008
I hope this man learned his lesson.
patrick7

Rushville, IN

#5 Mar 20, 2008
When 26-year-old Ronald Lybrook pulled his 1988 Lincoln Mark VII left of center to pass slower northbound cars on Kelly Avenue that day, his blood-alcohol level was 0.16 percent — double the driving limit set by Ohio law.

And he was traveling at an estimated rate of more than 70 mph.

I am not going to defend driving while drinking BUT, as someone who has driven home after a few beers (and more than a few times) it isnt just the drinks - its the idiotic driving behaviour. look at this guy, doing 70 in the city passing cars?? hell that could cause an accident if he was sober. Does the drinking make a person more inclinded to drive recklessly? doesnt me - makes the adrenaline pound and I drive more safely.
akronoh

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2008
If he was doing 70 in city limets and hit the car it was no accident,should be tougher punishment.
patrick7

Rushville, IN

#7 Mar 20, 2008
akronoh wrote:
If he was doing 70 in city limets and hit the car it was no accident,should be tougher punishment.
strangely, if the guy did exactly the same thing but wasnt drinking, it wouldnt be homicide. we are so focused on 'drunk drivers' we ignore driving bahavior. a cop can follow you for miles and you drive perfectly safe well within the speed limit and the cop decides you were "swerving within the lines" and pull you over ( i thought the law was you stay within the lines)if you had 4 beers it is a felony even though your driving behavior was perfect.
denise

AOL

#8 Mar 20, 2008
THIS IS SO SAD AND WHAT A BIG HEART THE STARK FAMILY HAS TO BE ABLE TO FORGIVE MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AS YOUR ANGEL ABOVE LOOKS AFTER YOU!!
ohyeaabsolutely

Canal Fulton, OH

#9 Mar 20, 2008
patrick7 wrote:
When 26-year-old Ronald Lybrook pulled his 1988 Lincoln Mark VII left of center to pass slower northbound cars on Kelly Avenue that day, his blood-alcohol level was 0.16 percent — double the driving limit set by Ohio law.
And he was traveling at an estimated rate of more than 70 mph.
I am not going to defend driving while drinking BUT, as someone who has driven home after a few beers (and more than a few times) it isnt just the drinks - its the idiotic driving behaviour. look at this guy, doing 70 in the city passing cars?? hell that could cause an accident if he was sober. Does the drinking make a person more inclinded to drive recklessly? doesnt me - makes the adrenaline pound and I drive more safely.
You should be used as a poster for birth control!
Just Me Over Here

Erie, PA

#10 Mar 20, 2008
God Bless the Stark family, so sad!
Kent

Park Ridge, NJ

#11 Mar 20, 2008
So much this family has gone thru and to be able to forgive - they sound like a good family, a religous family - to be able to forgive you must be good people. I do hope that this man never drinks and drives again - I hope he did indeed learn his lesson and what a hard lesson to learn knowing you killed two people for the rest of your life! I do think it takes a bigger person to apologize - most people would not, they would think they served their time.
Black and Proud

Uniontown, OH

#12 Mar 20, 2008
If Mr Lybrook didn't loose his license for life he should have, if he ever drives again he need some of those orange plates
OMG

Akron, OH

#13 Mar 20, 2008
Drinking and driving kills. There should be a law that no one who drinks, can drive at all after drinking no matter how small the amount. Lowering the level to .02 sounds like a good idea to me that has been proposed by Ohio legislature. This is so sad for this family. May God bless and keep them. May the murderer burn in hell for what he did !!!!
Traian Boyer

Uniontown, OH

#14 Mar 20, 2008
Thanks! Stark and Hale family what a great show of Jesus Christ working in the hearts of his people. I will not say that I could imagine what pain that you go through, but the forgiveness that you are showing is also somewhat unimaginable.Thanks for showing God's love even in your suffering.
patrick7

Rushville, IN

#15 Mar 20, 2008
Drinking and driving kills. There should be a law that no one who drinks, can drive at all after drinking no matter how small the amount. Lowering the level to .02 sounds like a good idea to me that has been proposed by Ohio legislature. This is so sad for this family. May God bless and keep them. May the murderer burn in hell for what he did !!!!

ok lets pass that law. and include all prescription drugs, over-the counter drugs such as cold medicine and sinus tablets etc. many is the time I took a sinus tablet and was a hell of a lot woozier than with a couple beers
JESSIEKA84

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2008
The Stark family sounds like good people that we could all look up to. Their love, forgiveness, and perserverence(sp?) is very admirable. You can see the love of the Lord shining through! I wish more people were like them.

Mr. Stark hit the nail on the head with this statement:
''What you did that night was a bad judgment call.... You made a mistake. But it happened. Life goes on. You served your time.''
Lost in Thought

Charleston, WV

#17 Mar 20, 2008
patrick7 wrote:
... I am not going to defend driving while drinking BUT, as someone who has driven home after a few beers (and more than a few times) it isnt just the drinks - its the idiotic driving behaviour.... Does the drinking make a person more inclinded to drive recklessly? doesnt me - makes the adrenaline pound and I drive more safely.
Are you insane or just plain stupid??? How dare you drive home "after a few beers" and put countless lives on the line, and how dare you even try to convince people that it doesn't affect you! If you truly believe that, you're in complete denial. Alcohol doesn't make the "adrenaline pound" - it's a friggin' sedative that slows the system and impairs judgment. After your comments, I don't much care what happens to you, but stop drinking and driving before you kill innocent people. Grab a six-pack at the 7-11, take it home and drink yourself unconscious, but stay off the road!
opinionated

Brunswick, OH

#18 Mar 20, 2008
Yellow plates? Those don't do anything people! Longer prison sentences? Ha the prisons and jails are already over crowded with murders and rapist and pedophiles. Common sense laws need to be put in place.
First Offense.
If your caught drunk driving you lose your Vehicle, your license is suspended for 5 years and you pay a 5000.00 mandatory fine and attend drug and alcohol treatment paid for by the offender.
If during that time your caught driving another car, you will face a $10,000.00 Fine and that car will be seized, Even if that car belongs to someone else they let you drive it so they lose it.
If you kill someone while drunk driving you should face a mandatory Murder charge and the death penalty should be an option.
It needs to stop Drunk Driving or driving while under the use of drugs is outrageous.
TWILA

Akron, OH

#20 Mar 20, 2008
EVEN THOUGH THIS IS VERY SAD STORY, ITS, A BEAUTIFUL ONE OF FORGIVENESS. WHAT LOVE THOSE PEOPLE MUST HAVE IN THEIR HEARTS TO BE ABLE TO FORGIVE LIKE THAT. THIS STORY REALLY LIFTED MY HEART THIS MORNING. I WISH WE HAD MORE LOVE AND FORGIVENESS IN THIS WORLD. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

“Better Living thru Chemistry!”

Since: Jan 08

Carol Stream, IL

#21 Mar 20, 2008
What a powerful message - and lesson - from BOTH sides in this tragedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 26 min Canton 31,468
Chad Kroeger reportedly dumped girlfriend for A... (Aug '12) 21 hr Patty Ann 6
Puppies for sale Sep 25 Desireenicole22 1
Sydney? Sep 21 Just curious 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
Stefani Schaefer (Oct '09) Sep 19 Bvarrecchia 55
Porter Kilmer Sep 18 Lawrence 3
North-Georgetown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

North-Georgetown Jobs

North-Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE