North Garden Woman Killed In Crash

A fatal accident closed Route 29 South in Southern Albemarle County for three and a half hours this evening. Full Story
pray for the family

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 23, 2009
So sad. She has 8 children. Please keep the Russells in your thoughts and prayers.
Karen

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2009
I don't know if wearing a seatbelt in this case would have saved her life, but when you have eight children, you need to be wearing your seatbelt, both to keep yourself safe for them and to set a good example for them. I am only alive today because of a seatbelt. Wear them EVERY time you get in the car, folks, PLEASE.
crozet resident

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 23, 2009
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. What a tragedy.
Silvia

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Oct 23, 2009
Kathryn was an incredible person, and she will be missed by hundreds of people in the homeschooling community, in the farming community, and by all those who knew her.
Silvia

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Oct 23, 2009
Nobody knows why she didn't have a seatbelt on this time--you don't know that she didn't wear one every time she got in a car. Maybe she simply was distracted;we'll never know. Please don't try to put the onus on her. She was hit by another vehicle. I think her family is going through enough right now and certainly doesn't need someone who didn't know her to be using her death to make a point.
Karen wrote:
I don't know if wearing a seatbelt in this case would have saved her life, but when you have eight children, you need to be wearing your seatbelt, both to keep yourself safe for them and to set a good example for them. I am only alive today because of a seatbelt. Wear them EVERY time you get in the car, folks, PLEASE.
A person

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2009
She was an amazing person and has raised beautiful and wonderful children. Please keep the family in your prayers.
Kat

Ashburn, VA

#7 Oct 23, 2009
Kathryn was an amazing person and made such a contribution to the local food community. I'm so sorry for her loss. My heart goes out to her family.
stacy puzon

Cape Coral, FL

#8 Oct 24, 2009
hello can you send me the video once again it will not allow us to get int this again. thanks
stacy

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Oct 24, 2009
the two that survived this accident father and son are doing ok but, the dad is in alot of pain. everyone's thoughts and prayers are with this familiy of these two as well and lets' not forget them they are the greatest family..... god bless them
stacy

Cape Coral, FL

#10 Oct 24, 2009
i live in charlottesville, va not in fort polk, florida
Amy

AOL

#11 Oct 24, 2009
My prayers go out to Kathryn's family.
This area has had many accidents and I think it is time VDOT installs traffic signals. Most people do not even know which side of the crossing they need to be on when crossing. Speed is a factor also, the road through there is fairly straight and I guess the speeders do not think that other drivers are turning onto Route 29.
Eileen Donne

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 18, 2009
. It can be tricky driving in bad weather. My thoughts and prayers go out to her famiy.We all need to pay closer attention to what we are doing 24 /7.Lets get busy on this ASAP. To make a safer community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm horny as hell Oct 10 Forever_Angel 1
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Missing UVA Student Oct 6 WingMan 15
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Oct 1 Max 3
What Happened to the Waving Man? (May '13) Sep '13 kelly r 2
100-Year-Old Albemarle Barn Destroyed in Fire (Jun '13) Jun '13 smdh 4
North Garden Dating
Find my Match

North Garden Jobs