Fire Destroys Albemarle County Home

Fire Destroys Albemarle County Home

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 29, 2008, titled Fire Destroys Albemarle County Home. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A house fire in Albemarle County kept firefighters from several areas busy Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

WHITEHUSRT

North Garden, VA

#1 Nov 30, 2008
please if you know this family , help by offering phicial help cleaning or demo
the insurance comp will do everything in its power to pay less for there loss, if they even have insurance!
Just Me

Blacksburg, VA

#2 Nov 30, 2008
What a lame comment? Are you from North Garden? Why would you assume that they don't have insurance? You need to check which part of Alb. County your talking about!
footballman

Palmyra, VA

#3 Nov 30, 2008
I really wouldn;t assume being so cruel to these people Just me after a fire.You have no idea how these people feel and what they are going through after a devastating fire.I really don;t know why you would write something so stupid.!Think before you assume-what if it happened to you.!
Just She

Palmyra, VA

#4 Nov 30, 2008
Just Me - I am thinking you took Whitehurst the wrong way. I am guessing that Whitehurst is stating that in general insurance companies can make it difficult to get full coverage for the fire damage. Some people don't even have insurance so helping out with clean up, demo, items, shelter, etc. would be a nice thing to do. Nothing critical from Whitehurst. Not sure why the "county" comment. Not sure why you are so defensive. Did you watch the Skin's game?
Anonymus

Troy, VA

#6 Dec 1, 2008
An account is being set up at Old Dominion National Bank for anyone wishing to make contributions to the family.
My My

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Is this a family or different people living in different rented rooms?
Anonymus

Troy, VA

#8 Dec 1, 2008
My My wrote:
Is this a family or different people living in different rented rooms?
It's a family. Four children and thier parents.
My My

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 1, 2008
Sorry, have this one confused with the one in Charlottesville on Monticello Avenue. My thoughts and pryers are with the family.
Fluvanna Reader

Piney River, VA

#10 Dec 1, 2008
No matter the circumstances, insurance or not, these people have literally lost everything they have and at a bad time of year with the Christmas holiday upon us. If we can do anything to help brighten the holidays with any type of donations, especially for the children could someone let us know who to contact. We need to think of others at this time of year; especially ones like this family who have lost their belongings, memories and so much more. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.
Anonymus

Troy, VA

#11 Dec 1, 2008
Fluvanna Reader wrote:
No matter the circumstances, insurance or not, these people have literally lost everything they have and at a bad time of year with the Christmas holiday upon us. If we can do anything to help brighten the holidays with any type of donations, especially for the children could someone let us know who to contact. We need to think of others at this time of year; especially ones like this family who have lost their belongings, memories and so much more. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.
Donations can be sent to Old Dominion National Bank FBO The Irving Family, P.O. Box 299 North Garden, VA 22959. Since phone numbers cannot be posted here, you can look the number up in the phone book.
Newsreader

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Dec 1, 2008
How sad, this woman has been through so much, she's lost her mother, father, sister, brother all within a few short years and besides her own children, she is the sole survivor of her immediate family. I attended the funeral of her sister who died of cancer over the summer, how tragic...
God bless

Hamilton, VA

#13 Dec 2, 2008
I feel so bad for this family and their loss. I hope the Red Cross is involved to help them out.It is sad they lost so much.But they have each other.My prayers and thought's are with them throughout this devastating time for them.Please everyone reach out and help.Even if its just a clothing donation.I'm for certain that every little bit helps!! Is there a way to find out the ages and sizes for this family?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Dimeo wins reporter of year for expos... 4 hr Gina 4
Police charge Bower with 4th DUI and Driving wi... Tue Stop the Libs 2
News Tarps must come down from Charlottesville Confe... Tue Candace 4
News School Board wants answers about complaints reg... Tue Aaron 7
Hey detective Randy Snead they better detective... (Feb '16) Tue Jason 31
News 'Imploding': Lawsuits. Fundraising troubles. Tr... Apr 21 Globalism is Crime 1
DUI Fluvanna Teacher is actually illegal alien ... Apr 20 Stop the libs 8

North Garden Jobs

Personal Finance

North Garden Mortgages