Albemarle County Names New 'Homeowner of the Year'

Albemarle County Names New 'Homeowner of the Year' Albemarle County has named its new "Homeowner of the Year." Juanita Hawkens inherited her childhood home in North Garden when her father died. Full Story
Cecily

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 22, 2009
Can I get some help rebuilding my home please!! Oh wait I make a few thousand too much a year to qualify. Thanks for nothing AHIP!!!
same ol same ol

Louisa, VA

#2 Jun 23, 2009
Here' here' we have the "welfare recipient of the year" while I struggle to pay my taxes and worry about my job you waste my money on the feel good BS, BOS.
Jay

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jun 24, 2009
Hannity Honey wrote:
So if you are an irresponsible freeloader, you are awarded homeowner of the year?!?! Are the Democrats going to label people who pay their own bills war criminals next?
This "freeloader" got her home through the death of her father. I would guess that no one posting here knows anything about this woman, yet she is labeled a freeloader. At least this is a house AHIP has brought back to provide a home, unlike the eyesores so far on Rio Road. I am very glad Ms. Hawkens is getting to live in her father's house. Lots of money is being handed out that is just pure pork, but when someone gets a home, I cannot feel that money is wasted.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 24, 2009
Why criticize her personally? That seems just plain mean to me. Criticize the insanity of these programs and a society that promotes feelgood recognition for those who are given handouts. The idea that handouts have gotten her recognized as "Homeowner of the Year" is sheer lunacy. Can I get an award too? I am finding it tough to make my mortgage payments after my wife lost her income, but I am doing it. At the same time I would LOVE a new deck and maybe a nice garage. An award would be nice too, something to put on the mantle. Wait, I need a mantle - can I get one of those too? More Obamanomics at work people. Wake up, America! We became what we are through hard work, not through handouts, although i suppose one could make the case for the opposite too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
University of Virginia investigates alleged sex... Thu Your Impetuousness 1
Man Involved in Birdwood Ct. Shooting Sentenced... Feb 23 Christine 1
City Council to vote on Lee-Jackson Day observance Feb 19 sanjay poopta 2
Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court Feb 18 Paul 1
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Feb 18 Speakthetruth 27
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Feb 17 Millie counts 15
What Happened to the Waving Man? (May '13) Sep '13 kelly r 2
North Garden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

North Garden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:52 pm PST