"Help Save the Next Girl" Campaigns i...

"Help Save the Next Girl" Campaigns in North Garden - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports...

There are 46 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 30, 2012, titled "Help Save the Next Girl" Campaigns in North Garden - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

October 17 marks three years since the night Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington disappeared after attending a concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Always

Charlottesville, VA

#45 Oct 12, 2012
Dr. Harrington admitted that Morgan had been drinking earlier that day. Other than that, we really donít know what happened. We know she was wobbly, we know she fell. We donít know the whys. Until facts come to light on what happened, it is best to keep an open mind to ALL possibilities, because, I donít know and neither does anyone else speculating on these boards. What I do know is the Harringtons want justice for their daughter, and whether her actions added to what happened that night, they still deserve that justice, just like anyone else does. I wonít hold it against them that they have the money to get media coverage, nor that they have started a foundation as a legacy for Morgan. I cannot fathom what a person goes through in their situation and Iím not going to pass judgment.

As for the followers that have put Morgan on a pedestal, thatís sad. I think what they say causes a lot of the harsh attitudes towards the Harringtons because some can be rather mean towards those who bring up any possibility that might have shown Morgan in an unflattering light. Until facts are released, all possibilities should be welcomed, but judgments on Morganís character, good or bad, should not.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#46 Oct 12, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your saying since she made a bad decision, it was ok she was murdered. If that's the case, I guess it's ok for anyone and everyone to be murdered. Your a dumb@@@.
I'm not saying that, you are. I'm saying the facts will be presented in a light most favorable to the Harrington's and their cause, which is finding the person who murdered their daughter followed closely by monetary gain
On with the Show

Arlington, VA

#47 Oct 13, 2012
Not sure what to say about the America's Most Wanted brief segment on Morgan. It was mostly a puff piece about Gil and her charitable work (without mentioning her pet project, oddly). And they showed the updated new sketch that looks like Tiger Woods or Obama rather than the original neanderthal looking one, so who knows if people will even be looking for the right guy. But the bad guy wasn't really the focus. I guess it was just a chance to show truly darling photos and videos of Morgan.
On with the Show

Arlington, VA

#48 Oct 13, 2012
No mention of the huge reward ($150,041), no reenactment of the Fairfax attack or even a description of how that went down.

And they cut off Morgan's video just as she was about to speak.
Hope

Charlottesville, VA

#49 Oct 13, 2012
According to someone who was close to the Harringtons and involved in the process, they did a long interview(this was indicated on the facebook page shortly after it was done) but it was pared down by AMW due to time constraints. I imagine they do this to be able to pick and choose what will be most interesting.
On with the Show

Arlington, VA

#50 Oct 13, 2012
Thanks, Hope.

The way they ended up telling it, it almost seemed like a PR move to sway the jury towards Gil in her civil suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Statue Vote is Racists May 21 Uber-bro of the u... 3
News Charlottesville businessman who admitted to ste... May 19 bert 2
Cville Vice Mayor: Convicted criminal, racist, ... May 16 bulk 2
News Former Bus Driver Charged with Indecent Liberti... (May '13) May 8 Gbc 44
Help an Aspiring Charlottesville Author and Ge... May 7 BillyDeCarlo 1
News CRCC to Meet with Congressional Leaders May 2 Morris 1
News Fluvanna Parents Petition Supervisors for Schoo... (Mar '13) Apr 30 Curtis 74

North Garden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Garden Mortgages