SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in...

SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in Charlottesville Home Raid

There are 84 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 6, 2013, titled SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in Charlottesville Home Raid. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

At a briefing at the U.S. Federal Courthouse in Charlottesville, U.S. Attorney Tim Heaphy said federal agents executed a search warrant late last night on Rugby Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Me myself and I

Charlottesville, VA

#88 May 9, 2013
Good Job wrote:
I say good job. Whether it be for underage drinkers or possible terrorists ID theft is a major crime especially in this era.
You do have to wonder if the strict rules on underage drinking don't have a dramatic effect on the demand for this sort of ID though.

If there were less demand, then the cost of production would be substantially higher and therefore present more of an obstacle to the more nefarious uses of fake ID.

In other words, by keeping the legal limit for drinking higher than almost every other country, we artificially create demand for false id documents. If you have hundreds of thousands of college students paying $60 a time, then it's easy to afford a $200,000 machine to make the cards. Take away the college students and the cost of the machine is much, much harder to recoup.
Thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#89 May 9, 2013
Me myself and I wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have to wonder if the strict rules on underage drinking don't have a dramatic effect on the demand for this sort of ID though.
If there were less demand, then the cost of production would be substantially higher and therefore present more of an obstacle to the more nefarious uses of fake ID.
In other words, by keeping the legal limit for drinking higher than almost every other country, we artificially create demand for false id documents. If you have hundreds of thousands of college students paying $60 a time, then it's easy to afford a $200,000 machine to make the cards. Take away the college students and the cost of the machine is much, much harder to recoup.
Good point about the age of legal intoxication. But as long as we hail, Gawd, this will continue. The Puritans ruined us.
Randal Livingston III

Harrisonburg, VA

#90 May 11, 2013
Randal Livingston III wrote:
<quoted text>it is actually lack of testosterone causing the pseudo aggression . The willingness to follow ridiculous orders often indicates subservience and submission.
this is due to the soy products pumped into the food supply to shrink your nuts
Randal Livingston III

Harrisonburg, VA

#91 May 11, 2013
Keep on drinking you wife's silk milk with your pushy cereal and your jimmy dean microwave soy patties

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should The Confederate Flag Be Rejected? (Sep '15) 16 hr Kyle 2
Wes Bellamy's Criminal History? Fri ConcernedCvillian 1
News Fluvanna Soccer Player Convicted of Assault in ... (Jul '12) Jul 22 Trump2016 71
News Judge Dismisses Case Against The Inn at Afton O... (Aug '12) Jul 22 Karen Jones 19
Moving to Charlottesville, Va Jul 18 Mary Larbre 1
Is Trump vinyard really the biggest vinyard on ... Jul 11 Wondering 1
Chinese tutor Jul 6 Kacart15 1

North Garden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Garden Mortgages