SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in...

SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in Charlottesville Home Raid

There are 84 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 6, 2013, titled SWAT Team, Federal Agents Involved in Charlottesville Home Raid. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

At a briefing at the U.S. Federal Courthouse in Charlottesville, U.S. Attorney Tim Heaphy said federal agents executed a search warrant late last night on Rugby Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 7, 2013
"Multiple police sources say the raid is federal, but the Richmond office of the FBI says they are not involved."
nice to see law enforcement coordinating so well together
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#2 May 7, 2013
huck wrote:
"Multiple police sources say the raid is federal, but the Richmond office of the FBI says they are not involved."
nice to see law enforcement coordinating so well together
There are numerous other Federal Law Enforcement and Investigative agencies other than the FBI
RNR

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 7, 2013
Swat gear and armored cars for an arrest of people making fake I.D.'s???? Way too much testosterone, calm down boys, calm down, this ain't Miami. More than likely just some usual suspects making fake ID's for underage UVA kids.
Jaded

Mineral, VA

#4 May 7, 2013
Better safe than sorry when it means your life. Many criminals facing hard time don't go quietly...
DbAg

Waynesboro, VA

#5 May 7, 2013
RNR wrote:
Swat gear and armored cars for an arrest of people making fake I.D.'s???? Way too much testosterone, calm down boys, calm down, this ain't Miami. More than likely just some usual suspects making fake ID's for underage UVA kids.
Actually when you see more information released about this, you will see why SWAT and armored vehicles were necessary.
Whatever

Dallas, GA

#6 May 7, 2013
What? Looks like no local cops involved. Are the Feds trying to make a statement? Who can you trust?
Councilor

Southfield, MI

#7 May 7, 2013
After all the efforts by City Council to attract new business to Charlottesville, some unknown swat team fouls up the plan.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 7, 2013
Barney

Cumming, GA

#9 May 7, 2013
I hear he was a nice guy, loner type who kept to himself. But always greeted the neighbors with a wave and polite hello.
Curious

Charlottesville, VA

#10 May 7, 2013
Is this related to the rumors of many college students voting twice in recent elections?
Jackass

Canton, MI

#11 May 7, 2013
Just saw the VA State police/swat driving down Rugby Ave with cars confiscated from the house on a flat bed. Pretty intense seeing a military style VA state police driving down your street.
CDP

Charlottesville, VA

#12 May 7, 2013
These are young adults that obviously don't want to work in the real world! I don't understand how they thought the hammer would not come down eventually.
Dude

Winchester, VA

#13 May 7, 2013
RNR wrote:
Underage UVA kids are probably smart enough to make their own. Perhaps it's a crack down on ID theft, for example illegal immigrants and financial fraud.
cvilleohno

Minneapolis, MN

#14 May 7, 2013
hmmm, well i always thought that part of town to be the uppity row where professors and other elites lived. if this particular location is still under University jurisdiction?? then the investigating law inforcment would be state, not local. so dont mess with UVA cops they have just as mush jurisdiction as any other state police agency. lol now we know why so many undocumented came to charlottesville and how cville became a sancutuary city, not thats a bad thing! as for the SWAT team, armored cars and the like, thats your homeland security grant money at work. oh well i guess cville will lose a few points on best city awards next go around
i wonder

Lothian, MD

#15 May 7, 2013
Homeland security? If they are wasting their time acting like a bunch of Nazis over fake I.D.s generated so younglings can drink, it is no wonder they drop the ball and miss things like the Boston catastrophe even after the Russians let them know there was a problem.
Tom

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 7, 2013
You can hear the freshman mourning around UVA dorms...
Jest

Chase City, VA

#17 May 7, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Underage UVA kids are probably smart enough to make their own.
You give them far too much credit.
The Wise Allen Iverson

Charlottesville, VA

#18 May 7, 2013
Hey look it is the face of true criminals white folk with money!Where all the bigot posts from White Sheet Man etc?
Ray Ray

Charlottesville, VA

#19 May 7, 2013
This town really hates small business!
chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#20 May 7, 2013
The Wise Allen Iverson wrote:
Hey look it is the face of true criminals white folk with money!Where all the bigot posts from White Sheet Man etc?
The liberals are awake already?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chilled Sluts Mar 15 Idkrn 1
News Gillespie, Stewart argue at Smith Mountain Lake... Mar 8 WesFelony 2
Kenneth Wise (Kenny) Mar 7 Lafayette 9
Wes Bellamy is a Homophobe, sexist, racist crim... Mar 2 Seriously 2
News Women's history of arriving at U.Va. Mar 1 Trump is Winning 1
News Charlottesville was right to want to remove a R... Feb 26 Trump is Winning 1
Moving Feb 24 Kaillo 1

North Garden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Garden Mortgages