Help Save the Next Girl Volunteers Ca...

Help Save the Next Girl Volunteers Canvass North Garden - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp...

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 9, 2012, titled Help Save the Next Girl Volunteers Canvass North Garden - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sp.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

On Saturday, volunteers with the organization Help Save the Next Girl, passed out hundreds of flyers with an updated sketch of a man investigators believe is tied to the murder of Morgan Harrington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Lee H

Apex, NC

#1 Jun 9, 2012
This guy has spent some time around the area. Someone knows this guy! People have interacted with him. He had to eat, buy gas, pay bills, taxes, use the gym or other recreational facilities..etc. If his face looks even the LEAST bit familiar, tell someone - let someone know. While we can't go back and save Morgan, we can save the next girl...and we can still bring justice for Morgan.
Sue

AOL

#2 Jun 10, 2012
I believe their was horse hair found with her, this poster should be posted at all the horse farms.
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jun 10, 2012
Was there really horse hair found with her or was that just another rumor from people five states away guessing and/or psychics. Horse farms are private entities. Most probably won't put posters on their property. The owners are probably familiar with their employees, past or present. Anchorage wasn't a horse farm. More effective: trying to get the new pictures in one of the coupon mailers as they did once before.
soothsayer

Arlington, VA

#4 Jun 10, 2012
Bass does keep a couple/few horses on his farm, if memory serves. Might be thoroughbreds.

I think Sue might be remembering an old theory that the bad guy brought her there on horseback.
soothsayer

Arlington, VA

#5 Jun 10, 2012
Ha! Turns out it was some big brain on nancy grace, as reported in the Hook on Feb 1, 2010:

"There may be something like horse hair on the body, which would mean that she got there by horseback," offered a private investigator on a recent episode of TV crime show Nancy Grace . "Perhaps," he then suggested, "the body was even dropped out of [a] plane into this remote area."
NG Local

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jun 10, 2012
David Bass does not have horses. He has some cattle, but not a large amount.
soothsayer

Arlington, VA

#7 Jun 10, 2012
Thanks, NG Local. I'm sure you're right, even though I swear he had like two nice horses that he kept in a separate field from the cattle fields. I know he has cattle guards -- at least at the front drive -- so I remember wondering if he kept the horses in a large paddock or separate, fenced off fields. Ah, all could have been in my rich imagination.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Have not heard how they arrived at this particular photo of the potential suspect...This is a stone cold case and the authorities and john q. public have no idea who commited this crime or even what they may or may not look like...just another fishing expedition....
soothsayer

Arlington, VA

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Well, it's not a photo, such as a reimagined computer-generated sketch of the Fairfax suspect from 2005. That one was done in charcoal, and some folks thought it was unrealistic looking (not the eyewitness victim who provided the original description, mind you, but Morgan's parents who have never seen the fellow). So the FBI redid it, took off his beard, tried to 'age' him by a few years, made him look more mainstream. Whether or not it looks more or less like the actual badguy doesn't seem to matter; the parents are happy.
alabamamom

Dothan, AL

#10 Jun 10, 2012
Thank you for your coverage of this story . Morgan's case is not a cold case , has not been given "cold case" status & that can only be given by authorities.
I'm thankful for The FBI's recent rendering of the old sketch from the Fairfax County rape 4 yrs prior to Morgan's abduction & murder. The FBI has digital imaging technology that is far more advanced & gives a more "realistic photographic" quality to images generated from an eye witness sketch rendering.
the authorities

Arlington, VA

#11 Jun 12, 2012
We declare it a cold case.
Meme

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jun 14, 2012
It's officially one now, alabamamom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Garden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlottesville Police Arrest Man Accused of Fraud (Apr '13) 2 hr Shamned son 13
Dont you just want to punch liberals in the face? Sun Thinking RIght 1
Kenneth Wise (Kenny) Jan 9 Curious in the ville 1
Sub Zero Global Warming blast freezes Libs in C... Jan 9 Facts Trump Libs 1
Review: Eddie's Tree & Landscaping (Jun '11) Jan 8 jim 2
What's the news on Que? Jan 4 Yolo 1
Peake says bible bozos at Lynchburg's Liberty U... Dec 28 Check then vote 1

North Garden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Garden Mortgages