'Bail the water together'

'Bail the water together'

There are 16 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 14, 2011, titled 'Bail the water together'. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Raye Morris looks out at Wirt Park from the window of his Franklin Street home in Hanover on Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Jim

Hanover, PA

#1 Mar 15, 2011
As many others have found those friends that truly make an impact on their lives,, I was fortunate enough to meet Raye and his wife through a chain reaction of both close friends and brief acquaintances.... This occured when I was about 17, and Raye was in his mid 30's... I'm now 28 if that matters (sorry for making you feel a bit 'long in the tooth' if you are reading this, Raye).... We have been friends ever since....

Anyway, there are many people out there that have known Raye longer and have been a more integral part of his life... However, from our first conversation, I gained a signifigant amount of respect for him... Above all, Raye's honesty shines through... If he disagrees, he will tell you, and it will not be sugar-coated... However, he will not be condescending or confrontational... That is a rare quality to find in anobody... If opinions do not align,, Raye will not 'kiss ass' to appease you, but he also will not disagree with somebody for the purpose of belittling or demeaning them... He is a genuine person and it is very refreshing to see people like that in our society... He is open-minded and not willing to compromise his integrity in the name of screwing over the people out there that need someone to stand up for them... Yeah,, you won't see Raye standing behind something that he doesn't wholeheartedly believe in...

Also, he isn't a politician... He's a normal guy that just wants to keep the average Joe from getting the poop end of the stick... He and Jerry (R.I.P.) started something good,, and it is only fitting for Raye to carry the torch....

When I first met Raye, I never envisioned that he and my father would be working together to make the Hanover community better for those of us out there that are just trying to live day by day in this town that we all call home... I think it's truly awesome that they are willing to do this for their community.....

Sonny is a lot like Raye as well... He is in that seat because he cares about the people of this town, and wants to see everybody get a fair chance and an equal share, and I'm proud to call him "Dad"...

I lost faith in 'big government' before I was old enough to vote, but I'm smiling every day because we do have people that want to make things better on a local level,, and that's where it all starts....!!!

-Jim
Bill Redmer

Butler, MD

#2 Mar 16, 2011
Raye for Senator!!
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#3 Mar 16, 2011
Ask him to show you the tattoo on his hand. All I need to know.
linda leonard

Hanover, PA

#4 Mar 17, 2011
As a member of Hanover's Concerned Citizens I get to see and hear Raye at the meetings (the second Tuesdays of the month at the YWCA on Chestnut St). I thought I'd put that plug in because we are hoping to get more concerned men and women to attend those meetings. Raye is everything that Jim posted above. I thank our lucky stars that he's here and working to improve our community. I know young people, especially those with children, are so busy with working and raising their kids and attending all of the kids' activities. Hopefully some of you will make time some day to join us. We want and need your input.
Addict

Hanover, PA

#5 Mar 20, 2011
In the article he claims to not do drugs, well what else would he say. I am drug addict, please vote for me. Druggies hang together. He and Leppo aren't the answer, they are the problem!
Bean Counter

Hanover, PA

#6 Mar 20, 2011
Addict wrote:
In the article he claims to not do drugs, well what else would he say. I am drug addict, please vote for me. Druggies hang together. He and Leppo aren't the answer, they are the problem!
Hey Addict...you a gambler? I'll bet you Mr. Morris can pass a drug test. Can you?
Bean Counter

Hanover, PA

#7 Mar 20, 2011
And of course "Addict" doesn't have the guts to post under his real name. Maybe because he fears after Mr. Morris passes his drug test he'll sue for defamation of character.
Michael Scott

Hanover, PA

#8 Mar 21, 2011
What does Mr Morris do for a living?
RayeforPres

Spring Grove, PA

#9 Mar 21, 2011
Addict wrote:
In the article he claims to not do drugs, well what else would he say. I am drug addict, please vote for me. Druggies hang together. He and Leppo aren't the answer, they are the problem!
Nope, I've known him since the late 80's, he was straight edge then and is straight edge now. He actually almost quit a very popular local band once because of a magazine article that made them sound like too much of a party band, an image that has never fit Raye. He's the real deal, he cares about his community and will stand up for the little guy. I would trust this guy with my life, my kid's life, and my dog's life.
tommyt

Hanover, PA

#10 Mar 21, 2011
Addict wrote:
In the article he claims to not do drugs, well what else would he say. I am drug addict, please vote for me. Druggies hang together. He and Leppo aren't t
he answer, they are the problem!
you are a complete idiot i hope you never get another chance to voice your opinion because you have to hide your idenity, you are a coward .if you have something worth while saying then you should list your real name no one in their right mind would support the things you say so please keep your foolish closed minded thoughts to yourself because we the people that really do care what is happening dont need your 2 cents ( i'm being nice your thoughts are worthless)
tommyt

Hanover, PA

#11 Mar 21, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Ask him to show you the tattoo on his hand. All I need to know.
why don't you show your real name "Chickenshit" your tattoo is probably a donkey (jackass)
Addict

Hanover, PA

#12 Mar 21, 2011
tommyt wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a complete idiot i hope you never get another chance to voice your opinion because you have to hide your idenity, you are a coward .if you have something worth while saying then you should list your real name no one in their right mind would support the things you say so please keep your foolish closed minded thoughts to yourself because we the people that really do care what is happening dont need your 2 cents ( i'm being nice your thoughts are worthless)
When Leppo first passed away, everyone talked about how wonderful and great he was. Turns out he did from a drug overdose. He was a hypocrite, just as you and all the followers are.

P.S. I'm not a druggie and have NEVER DONE DRUGS. Can you say the same?
linda leonard

Hanover, PA

#13 Mar 22, 2011
Well, addict, I've never done drugs. So there. Now, what HAVE you done? Anything to help your community to become safer and cleaner?
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#14 Mar 22, 2011
tommyt wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you show your real name "Chickenshit" your tattoo is probably a donkey (jackass)
Think you're hard son? What's your real name? I got plenty of tattoos and none of them say that it just so happens. Feel free to come at me bro.
Wade

Hanover, PA

#15 Mar 22, 2011
Wow! I'm so glad that people can sit here and bicker over what they are and what they're not instead of banding together as a community like we should.
I've known Raye Morris personally for a number of years and I will say with full confidance that he is a man of integrity. If he says he's going to do something, he will do it to the fullest extent of his ability. And, if he doesn't know how he has the drive and determination to learn.
As far as his pledge to try and clean up Hanover and the Fourth Ward in general, someone needs to continue what he and Jerry started. I moved out of the Fourth Ward over a year ago because I didn't want to raise my kids around all that illicit activity. Regardless of Jerry or Raye's personal choices in life I think we should judge them by their actions and not by stereotypes. Someone called Jerry a "druggie", who said he had a long running addiction? Hasn't it been proven numerous times that certain drugs can kill someone the first time they are used?? I'm not saying that was the case here (I don't know personally) I'm just playing devil's advocate.
And as far as Mr. Morris's questionable tattoo on his hand, that doesn't mean a damn thing. Even if that tattoo is an indicator of his personal beliefs (and if it is the one I'm thinking of...) hasn't anyone heard of separation of church and state???? Just because the common majority in this nation is Christian, doesn't mean everyone HAS to follow that belief structure.

Bottom line, the naysayers are gonna say whatever they want and it doesn't matter if you're white, brown, black, green, purple, pierced, or tattooed, we're all citizens of this town and this nation. We need to band together and stop hanging onto old sterotypes and prejudices
Pamela

Hanover, PA

#16 Mar 22, 2011
How I wish Raye lived in Penn Twp.! We could use someone like him with his committment to the community. He is the real deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need perks Aug '17 Tpeluso1992 1
Found male dachhound Jul '17 Anonymous 1
News Ganim, Bridgeport workers cash in on unused vac... Jun '17 BPT 1
News Norwich police, FBI searching for fugitive May '17 La rosa 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Buck Idleburg 15
Who do you support for State House in Connectic... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Birdie Buffaloe 3
News Stabbing suspect guilty of lesser charge (May '11) May '11 Gotta Love Pennsy... 1

North Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Franklin Mortgages