SWCS board discusses energy-saving bond plan

There are 16 comments on the Sep 29, 2010, ThisWeek Community Newspapers story titled SWCS board discusses energy-saving bond plan. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

The South-Western City Schools board is expected next month to consider a $6.6-million energy-savings project to be funded through bonds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Imposter

Tampa, FL

#121 Oct 17, 2010
Vote No wrote:
<quoted text>She's definitely a sell out. I'm really disappointed in her. Dover has to go when her term is up.
You are far to quick to judge. She has only been in office 10 months. How can she be a "sell out."
LOL

Grove City, OH

#122 Oct 18, 2010
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are far to quick to judge. She has only been in office 10 months. How can she be a "sell out."
It didn't take her long to show who she really is.
Imposter

Grove City, OH

#123 Oct 18, 2010
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. She's a sell out for sure. She's joined at the hip to Dr. Wise. I know her. I was also another of those who voted for her,(and had her sign in my yard). She was one of three other board members who voted to extend Wise's contract for five more years, one year before it was to expire. She'd be better off focusing her efforts on town center. As a board member, her loyalties are to Dr. Wise and to the SWCS administration, not to the taxpayers who elected her. She has to go.
dover sucks

Grove City, OH

#124 Oct 18, 2010
no dover, no way.
she sucks.
i will be glad when her term is up so i can vote against her.
Jimbob

Fair Lawn, NJ

#125 Oct 18, 2010
I just read the Dispatch 's voter guide on issues and candidates, ISSUE #8 will cost 28 cents for every $100 valuation ,that equals $280 for every $100 thousand ,$560 for $a $200,000 property a year ,sorry it is not worth to me .I only read 1 book a year it won't cost me that much !
Facts

Grove City, OH

#126 Oct 19, 2010
Jimbob wrote:
I just read the Dispatch 's voter guide on issues and candidates, ISSUE #8 will cost 28 cents for every $100 valuation ,that equals $280 for every $100 thousand ,$560 for $a $200,000 property a year ,sorry it is not worth to me .I only read 1 book a year it won't cost me that much !
Your numbers are WRONG. Here are the correct numbers, also from the Dispatch...

"The request is modest: a 10-year levy that would cost the owner of a $100,000 house $30.63 per year, or about $2.55 per month."

$30.63 per year per $100,000 is no where near your $280 per $100,000.
Vote No

Grove City, OH

#127 Oct 19, 2010
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are WRONG. Here are the correct numbers, also from the Dispatch...
"The request is modest: a 10-year levy that would cost the owner of a $100,000 house $30.63 per year, or about $2.55 per month."
$30.63 per year per $100,000 is no where near your $280 per $100,000.
As long as J.B. Royer continues to occupy a seat on the SW Library board, I'll be voting no. Prior to chairing the SWCS property tax levy campaign, Royer was appointed to the SW Library board by the SWCS BOE. The library board is directly linked to the SWCS BOE. School boards appoint board members to their districts libraries.
The Scream Team

Columbus, OH

#128 Oct 19, 2010
Jimbob wrote:
I appreciate you posting this. I dug the Voters Guide out of the trash just to check you out. While your numbers are a bit off, so are the ones posted by the system. For that reason alone, I will fight this one, too.

When a private citizen is just a bit off, I blame his lousy education at public schools. When the system is more than just a bit off, I blame the progressives who would say anything to redistribute our wealth. Now that we know that wise is the consummate liar, SWCS might just as well dry up and blow away.
Fact Checker

Grove City, OH

#129 Oct 20, 2010
The Scream Team wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate you posting this. I dug the Voters Guide out of the trash just to check you out. While your numbers are a bit off, so are the ones posted by the system. For that reason alone, I will fight this one, too.
When a private citizen is just a bit off, I blame his lousy education at public schools. When the system is more than just a bit off, I blame the progressives who would say anything to redistribute our wealth. Now that we know that wise is the consummate liar, SWCS might just as well dry up and blow away.
Jimbob's numbers are way off, not even close. Here is a link to the online version of the Dispatch Voter's Guide and the correct numbers....

http://votersguide.dispatch.com/index.do...
screamin too

Columbus, OH

#130 Oct 21, 2010
TheScreamTeam wrote:
"I regret that I voted for Mrs. Dover."
Don't we all? Somehow, we decided that she was good at business and that's exactly what we needed.
And all we got were political alliances.
facts

Ostrander, OH

#131 Oct 21, 2010
I see the same blundering idiots are still here. We won and you lost. looooosssseeeerrrrssss
just my opinion

Columbus, OH

#132 Oct 21, 2010
facts wrote:
I see the same blundering idiots are still here. We won and you lost. looooosssseeeerrrrssss
So how are things in Norwalk Calif. On a nice business trip are we? Enjoy, Toby.
The Scream Team

Grove City, OH

#133 Oct 21, 2010
facts wrote:
He who laughs last...

We're thinking you'll be back soon for more.
We The People

Grove City, OH

#134 Oct 22, 2010
Jimbob wrote:
I'm with you Jimbob,why should we the over taxed people of grove city,have to pump money into the library that we don't use,It would seem our local government thinks all they have to do is dream up a levy any time their moneys run low,Granted the Library is a great place for those using it,I say let the ones using it pay a user tax or fee,call it what you want,and if there is not enough money raised to keep it going,then let it go,just my thoughts....
Vote No

Grove City, OH

#135 Oct 22, 2010
We The People wrote:
<quoted text> I'm with you Jimbob,why should we the over taxed people of grove city,have to pump money into the library that we don't use,It would seem our local government thinks all they have to do is dream up a levy any time their moneys run low,Granted the Library is a great place for those using it,I say let the ones using it pay a user tax or fee,call it what you want,and if there is not enough money raised to keep it going,then let it go,just my thoughts....
The library's a dinosaur. It's been replaced by Google. Vote No to the library tax.
Jimbob

Fair Lawn, NJ

#136 Oct 27, 2010
I stand corrected on my figures ,but the article I read used different figures of 28 cents per $100 dollar valuation of property, it also stated it was a re-newal tax plus an increase.Iam stillvoting NO! No! SWCS got the libraries money as far as Iam concerned....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut diocese to pay $1.1 million to sett... Mar '15 fedupwiththemess 1
New Fast Food Spots ? (Jan '06) Dec '14 Janet 5
Wanna chat ? Dec '14 Dante2020 1
News Thames River Apartments: 'We're just barely liv... (Sep '14) Nov '14 annekb1111 3
anyone Nov '14 biBen 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Connecticu... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Buck Idleburg 15
Who do you support for State House in Connectic... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Birdie Buffaloe 3
More from around the web

North Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]