Family, friends don't see Parsons as ...

Family, friends don't see Parsons as a killer

There are 43 comments on the Centralohio.com story from Jul 31, 2006, titled Family, friends don't see Parsons as a killer. In it, Centralohio.com reports that:

Prison minister Randall Rinehart holds binoculars Sunday after looking out over a field, trying to catch a glimpse of Parsons while the search was underway near McDonald Hill Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centralohio.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sick of Defenders

Herndon, VA

#1 Jul 31, 2006
So his cousin is sick of him (Parsons) being made out to be a bad person....
"He was a father, a son, a friend and family member to many..."

HELLO!!! So was Officer Larry Cox. He was the innocent person and Parsons his killer. Cox was trying to help catch Parsons after he committed a criminal act.

The way I see it.........he Is the BAD person here.

Lulu

Thermal, CA

#2 Jul 31, 2006
Sounds like they will catch him soon. He might as well give it up, and let them have him. I'm sure his family is having a hard time with all this, but imagine what the Cox family is going through. Just added heart ache for them. My heart goes out to the Cox family.
being guilty is overrated

Washington, DC

#3 Aug 4, 2006
to know john parsons know one would or could fathum that he could of committed the crime he is accused of. maybe local law enforcement should take another look at the one who gave them all their information in the beginning. A brother to parsons had a violent history and a lot to gain by putting the blame on john.
Matt

Harrod, OH

#4 Aug 9, 2006
being guilty is overrated wrote:
to know john parsons know one would or could fathum that he could of committed the crime he is accused of. maybe local law enforcement should take another look at the one who gave them all their information in the beginning. A brother to parsons had a violent history and a lot to gain by putting the blame on john.
OK. Then John Parsons did not try to help police, did not provide an alibi, escaped from jail and is on the run because he is innocent??? I guess I don't see that. You can say he is scared and paint a picture to protect him like the attorney will try to do that will eventually represent him (if he is brought in alive). But, facts are facts and unless some criminal loving attorney that has never been a victim of a serious crime finds loopholes to get Parsons off the hook (God help society),then he will eventually be brought to justice. I'm sure when he has his day in court and the facts are presented, you will be on here saying that poor John could be rehabilitated!
sarah

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2006
i agree with being guilty is overrated i don't know john but i do know a few people who does.they also feel that a brother should be checked out.i wish the best for john and hope that someday he can clear his name .BUT FOR NOW NOW I HOPE HE IS SAFE ! and by the way i will defend who ever i please and that for now that would be JOHN PARSON!
jenny

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2006
what happened to the original victims account of a man with a huge scar going down his cheek that is the sketch that was orginally showed on the tv looking for the cox killer
does parsons brother have a huge scar
i believe he does
john is a accused cop killer
not a convicted one
sarah

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2006
yes his brother boes have a scar! i heard his brother is testifing against john.and yes has been convicted listen to the media(news and the news papers)they have him convicted because that is what law enforcement they no longer need to have a trail what chance would he have now!the chance he has is for the real killer to step up and stop blaiming his own brother!
Bondo

Hannibal, MO

#8 Aug 19, 2006
Matt I wonder where you stand on other issues involving the rights people are supposed to have facing a trial. You already have him convicted and on death row, so I guess you would be out of the jury pool.

What about innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt ? If the original wanted description put out says the offender had a scare on his face and this guy don't , I wiuld say that should give the jury some of that . Think about it , It is because of people like you that may have caused this guy to run . Fearing he would never get a fair trial.
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Then John Parsons did not try to help police, did not provide an alibi, escaped from jail and is on the run because he is innocent??? I guess I don't see that. You can say he is scared and paint a picture to protect him like the attorney will try to do that will eventually represent him (if he is brought in alive). But, facts are facts and unless some criminal loving attorney that has never been a victim of a serious crime finds loopholes to get Parsons off the hook (God help society),then he will eventually be brought to justice. I'm sure when he has his day in court and the facts are presented, you will be on here saying that poor John could be rehabilitated!
jokke

Vaasa, Finland

#9 Aug 20, 2006
not gilty!!!
jokke

Vaasa, Finland

#10 Aug 20, 2006
i want the girl usa???rivo@luukku.com send me mail..i am 30years old and my hobbis is power lifting and huntting/motorcycles...i am 187cm94kg
DSC

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 20, 2006
So Parsons is not guilty you say. Ok What ever. If he is not guilty then why didn't he stay in his nice safe jail cell and face trial. Where if he was not guilty he could have proved this. Any attorney worth his salt should be abel to get off a person who has not commited a crime. In this case it may have taken a change in venue. If you run, and leave the safty of a jail cell to be tracked down by angry cops because you are a accused cop killer, it leads one to truly believe he done the crime. So may be he didn't mean to kill Officer Cox and he was trying to miss and was a bad shot he still must pay for what he has done.
Plus these people are treating him like he has never done anything wrong before. So then why has he spent prison time before (I'm sure these people will tell us he didn't do that either). It's not like he hasn't been convicted of a jury of his peers on numerous other crimes before. He just was moving up in his crimes. And don't you think he was thinking hay I am already an ex-con I don't want to go back if I do I will get life or even put to death. So say what you want he's either an idiot or guilty.
sick of not defending

United States

#12 Aug 30, 2006
john did spend time in prison for a crime so that makes him guilty for killing a cop i really don't think so ?and why would an unarmed ,off duty cop run after a man in the dark knowing the person he was chasing just commited ARMED robbery i am not blaming larry cox but what could he have thinking.and just because john has been in prison doesn't mean he did this crime .the tape from the store tape showing the man who was robbing it did not look like no 190lb.man to me and where is his scar .better yet why don't they show a picture of his brother. and nobody said that john wore wings on his back but it is people like you that have him convicted it is a shame more people don't more about what is really going on like his brother is testifing against him well guess what he has a scar on his cheek and i bet he is the same size has the guy on the stores tape .hell figure it your self
JBH

Coudersport, PA

#13 Aug 31, 2006
It is not for us to figure out. that is what courts are for. And until he comes before a court this is all just specualtion. Unless, you say it was you that did the deed, and that is a whole diffrent story.
beams

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2006
This discussion leaves me wondering a couple of things. 1. did he reallly do it? 2. Does anyone in Ohio finish grade school?
sick of not defending

United States

#15 Aug 31, 2006
beams wrote:
This discussion leaves me wondering a couple of things. 1. did he reallly do it? 2. Does anyone in Ohio finish grade school?
meaning what !that doesn't make any sence,you must have meant did antone from from ohio finish grade school smart ass!
ohiolady

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Sep 10, 2006
John Parsons does not have the scar but yes his brother does.It is a shame that grown ups can convict a man that they do not know,justice only comes when the right peson the real killer is charged and convicted.
ohio teen

Circleville, OH

#17 Sep 22, 2006
i think his brother did it to...
i hope he is safe. my best friend knows him and said she dont think he did it. i live right next to one of his ex-girlfriends and i think she is going out with johns brother now. and yesterday the police and FBI or undercover cops were in our neighborhood looking through her and the people accros the street from hers house...
But i dont think they found anything
Sandy

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Sep 27, 2006
My sentiments exactly Bondo!!! Somebody up there is looking after John for some reason!!!! Maybe in the meantime the real shooter will come forward
Julieanne

Bogotá, Colombia

#19 Sep 27, 2006
I just do not understand the lies about ALL of this. When the crime happened, the police reported there were 2 people involved; a driver and a passenger. The passenger robbed the store and had a scar on his face. After Parsons was arrested, all talk stopped about the scar and the 2nd person. When AMW portrayed the incident, they also did not include another man. They also said Cox's wife was home waiting on him when everyone knows Cox and his wife were getting a divorce. Why muddle the facts? Cox was a nice guy and did not deserve this..but if you lie about 1 thing, what else are you lying about? There is something very fishy going on here. Where is the 2nd guy??????????
Miranda

Ray, OH

#20 Sep 28, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay everyone. the police are not even giving all of you the whole story. yes Officer Larry cox was a very close person to me. i had him in dare for 8 years. but the first person they thought who killed officer cox was a black guy. now they think John Parsons did it. you guys dont know half the story. i know plunty..and now im hearing today. right now. that they have found john parsons in massiville. im not sure if thats true or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Fork Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Jan '13) 3 min Princess Hey 2,961
News Former award-winning principal indicted on sex ... 4 min Karma1966 33
LeAnn Potts 42 min Anal Andy 2
Panda Express 52 min Anal Andy 3
Trump Arrests 2000 MS-13 gang members today 1 hr Orwellian Digital... 153
John Gleason( child molester ) & Kala Gleason 2 hr MrsPotts 17
Sunday morning Squatch 2 hr Squatch is my friend 1

North Fork Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance