Study proposes projects to make walki...

Study proposes projects to make walking safer in Sunnyvale

There are 1 comment on the www.mercurynews.com story from Dec 21, 2007, titled Study proposes projects to make walking safer in Sunnyvale. In it, www.mercurynews.com reports that:

The Sunnyvale City Council unanimously approved a Pedestrian Safety and Opportunities Study on Dec. 11 that is designed to make it safer and easier to walk through Sunnyvale.

The study, which is non-binding, proposes 722 projects, including 483 new curb ramps, 23 marked crosswalks and about 145,000 linear feet of new sidewalks, for a total of $7.2 million. This could be paid for by grants in the future.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mercurynews.com.

Since: Apr 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Dec 22, 2007
I'd love to see more of those "high visibility" crosswalks, like the one on Maude, installed throughout the city. That's one of the best pedestrian safety innovations I've seen in a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Fair Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need small show clothes for English riding Jul 19 Lorna Basso 2
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Jul 18 Sandi 138
XTNLamMar Jul 12 Dildonica 2
News San Mateo County to unveil first-ever a safe ex... Jul 10 nita singler 1
Steve Barrett (Feb '15) Jul 9 Quatar 5
Salvador Reyes-Aguilar Jul 4 Unkown?😘 1
News China Is About to Bury Elon Musk in Batteries Jun 28 Chek99 1

North Fair Oaks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance