Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
152,081 - 152,100 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he doesn’t actually care at all about the subject, he is only trying to get attention, specifically a reaction from people.
look how many time he asks if someone is mad
that is the goal, talking about one small sad human here
This is a discussion forum. It doesn't work if you refuse to discuss the topic and get all angry and have hissy fits. Relax.

Polygamy is marriage, completely on topic in a discussion of marriage equality.

By your rules you cannot mention Mars in a discussion of Venus. Your rules are stupid. And the purpose of them is to censor unwelcome thought. Anti-intellectual and boring.

What a jerk!
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>No. I mean like three does not equal two.
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

If you're going to respond "Polygamy is a red herring!! And you think a red herring is a fish!!" again, don't bother. you already tried that. it failed.

Why are you a hypocrite?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah. The more important question is why are you against some alternate forms of marriage while at the same time promoting your own alternate form of marriage?
Put more simply, why are you a hypocrite?
I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion of marriage equality, I wish you would participate instead of attempting to censor me.
This thread is about Prop 8. What does Prop 8 have to do with polygamy?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Because he's not really interested in polygamy. He's interested in whining.
I am interested in discussing marriage. This is a discussion forum. It won't work if you treat it like a kindergarten playground and refuse to discuss the topic to hide your bigotry. Tell me why you are against polyamory, don't just whine.

So, before I was so juvenilely interrupted, I was asking you why are you a hypocrite?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
If you're going to respond "Polygamy is a red herring!! And you think a red herring is a fish!!" again, don't bother. you already tried that. it failed.
Why are you a hypocrite?
That lame-ass excuse again?...yawn... It was laughable the first time you posted it, now it's just boring.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a discussion forum. It doesn't work if you refuse to discuss the topic and get all angry and have hissy fits. Relax.
Um.... the topic is Prop 8.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I am interested in discussing marriage. This is a discussion forum. It won't work if you treat it like a kindergarten playground and refuse to discuss the topic to hide your bigotry. Tell me why you are against polyamory, don't just whine.
So, before I was so juvenilely interrupted, I was asking you why are you a hypocrite?
Then start your own damn thread. This is about Prop 8. I can understand why you don't wish to discuss it.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about Prop 8. What does Prop 8 have to do with polygamy?
Marriage.
Bed O Winds

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Karzai hasn't the brains to listen to good advice, but rather wants to be friends tot he very thugs who want him buried. Money is the only thing these people want.

Presidnet Karzai can take his BULL back to Afghan where his loving country men will end up burying him in a pine box
Bed O Winds

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Karzai hasn't the brains to listen to good advice, but rather wants to be friends to the very thugs who want him buried. Money is the only thing these people want.

Presidnet Karzai can take his BULL back to Afghan where his loving country men will end up burying him in a pine box.

Theyt will revert back to laws thugs shootingone another over stupid little people issues.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
That lame-ass excuse again?...yawn... It was laughable the first time you posted it, now it's just boring.
So don't read it again, just don't attempt to censor it because you cannot intelligently respond without revealing your hypocrisy.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Then start your own damn thread. This is about Prop 8. I can understand why you don't wish to discuss it.
Why is that?

The defeat of Prop 8 is a victory for polygamy too.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... the topic is Prop 8.
Limiting the number of husbands a woman has seems to me just as much an infringement as limiting the gender of whom that woman can marry.
CrimeDNA

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I wonder how many crooked politicans will be caught witht his new push to collect DNA samples.

DNA is the 21st century fingerprint, the database collection can be done in a way that protects privacy but also protects people from violent criminals.

Lets start with the current city council members of Glendora, California first.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, polygamy is a red herring. It's not the issue, the issue is gay marriage. Why not start a forum to talk about polygamy? Too dumb to know how to do that? That's my guess.
Three women are all deeply committed to each other. On what grounds do you dismiss their union as a "red herring" or "a straw man" rather than authentic love and self-expression?

On what grounds do you insist upon the traditional, arbitrary and exclusionary number of two?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
The defeat of Prop 8 is a victory for polygamy too.
You are not going to find more than one woman ( or man ) that is going to put up with you, this is all academic
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to find more than one woman ( or man ) that is going to put up with you, this is all academic
I wouldn't want to. Doesn't mean I can't discuss it.

By your logic you cannot discuss space travel unless you're traveling in space.
WhooGos

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just more blogger snot from out of towners.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah. The more important question is why are you against some alternate forms of marriage while at the same time promoting your own alternate form of marriage?
Put more simply, why are you a hypocrite?
I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion of marriage equality, I wish you would participate instead of attempting to censor me.
how can you tell if i'm a hypocrite if i haven't printed or typed one single word about polygamy in this thread that pertains to same sex marriage?

when you start a thread about polygamy then we can discuss it.

until then, you know nothing of my opinion about that topic.

so, why are you here in this thread about same sex marriage trying to go off topic and discuss another topic?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage.
original article linked at the top of this thread :

"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage"

where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'polygamy'?
where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'marriage equality'?

talk about the court case regarding prop 8.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

North Fair Oaks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

North Fair Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North Fair Oaks News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Fair Oaks