Gun-wielding ex-con arrested after wrestling with police in Pas...

Mar 23, 2010 Read more: Pasadena Star-News 44
Police arrested a felon armed with a handgun after a short wrestling match Monday night, police said. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 23, 2010
I guess the cops don't always resort to lethal force contrary to popular opinion.
wow

La Crescenta, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2010
agreed....

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 23, 2010
Obviously that bad guy is your everyday N/W Pasadena ghetto rat. Just like Leroy, an ex-con with a gun out looking for trouble or to kill someone. Good work for the PPD.
Friend

Pasadena, CA

#4 Mar 23, 2010
I'm sure Joe Brown will complain because the police had to put their hands on Mr. Dixon. I guess the police should learn to be more polite in delaing with gun-carrying ex-cons.

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Mar 23, 2010
The only reason Chris Dixon isn't a corpse today is because the PPD couldn't possibly handle another police driven murder without the entire city going ballistic.

The article said he was looking suspicious...yet fail to explain why he was looking suspicious.

And I would like to see some evidence that links the gun to Mr. Dixon.

As far as I can tell, this man's civil rights were violated by this fascist shake down.

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 23, 2010
Now that I've had time to reflect on this, this story doesn't add up. Mr. Dixon was compliant in being searched...and then only after they find a gun, he begins to wrestle with them?

That makes no sense what so ever.

I smell a planting of evidence here.
Insider

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Mar 23, 2010
Russman626 wrote:
The only reason Chris Dixon isn't a corpse today is because the PPD couldn't possibly handle another police driven murder without the entire city going ballistic.
The article said he was looking suspicious...yet fail to explain why he was looking suspicious.
And I would like to see some evidence that links the gun to Mr. Dixon.
As far as I can tell, this man's civil rights were violated by this fascist shake down.
The only reason Dixon isn't dead is because he apparently didn't reach for, or brandish the weapon like dummy Barnes did. The article explains everything you need to know. Gee, I guess the only evidence that links the gun to Dixon is that he had possession of it in his waistband. Golly gee, I really don't know if that's enough to pin it to him. I wish you were a Lawyer Puss, I mean Russ, because your clients would be filling prisons beyond their current capacity. You are one dumb nimrod! Oh, and if homeboy did pull that weapon, he would have been just as dead a Barnes. Damn what the gang members think. I really doubt eastenders, Linda Vista folks and people in the San Rapael area would really give a s--t!

Location hidden

#8 Mar 23, 2010
Ole cop hater ghetto rat 'Russ' is at it again, mouthing off.
brian

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2010
is there a curfew in n. pasadena where you can be subjected to a search just by being outside past a certain hour?

"The United States Supreme Court [has] held that a police officer who lacks probable cause to arrest could undertake a patdown search only 'where he has reason to believe that he is dealing with an armed and dangerous individual,'" the court noted."

maybe they recognized him as a known gang member or something, then it would might be legal, even w/out probable cause, just because of the safety issue.
Escape CA

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2010
good 'ol thuggyville. another felon with a gun in NW pas. hm. maybe he was protectin da community...

hope the ppd doesn't get too polite or one of these times one of these thugs is gonna get a shot off.
Insider

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Mar 23, 2010
Russman626 wrote:
Now that I've had time to reflect on this, this story doesn't add up. Mr. Dixon was compliant in being searched...and then only after they find a gun, he begins to wrestle with them?
Again, you are assuming something that is not evident. Perhaps Dixon was being verbally non-compliant. Verbally hostile to the extent that he threatened the officers. You don't know and neither do I. You are the only thing that smells around here! Great job PPD, you got another Russ, I mean rat off the street!!!
Friend

Pasadena, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2010
I'll bet Russman is actually a 5'2", fat white guy who, after posting incendiary remarks on this forum, goes to a secluded (or not) spot and masturbates.
Russ

Park City, UT

#13 Mar 23, 2010
always happy to see a felon taken off the streets.

As for the planted gun, I demand to see the video!
Black in Altadena

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2010
I bet the cops were hispanic, they are targeting blacks becuase of the racial problems in Pasadena & Altadena.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 23, 2010
Black in Altadena wrote:
I bet the cops were hispanic, they are targeting blacks becuase of the racial problems in Pasadena & Altadena.
It wasn't that long ago when you people were crying that the white officers were picking on you, now its the Hispanic officers.
Insider

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Mar 23, 2010
Black in Altadena wrote:
Yeah right. What a brainless putz.

“a good community is OUR job”

Since: Mar 09

Pasadena

#17 Mar 23, 2010
Russman626 wrote:
Let's think about this for a second. If you are doing something you are not supposed to (like being a felon in possession of a gun), and a cop stops you... you are going to be as cool as a cucumber because there is still a chance the cop won't figure it out. So, Dixon was compliant up until the point that there was no hope of not being "found out"... which was the time the gun was discovered during the pat-down. Now, the only hope is to get away, which leads to a struggle.

I was a juror on an exact case like this last year. In this case, the felon broke free, hid the gun in a garbage, and then hid in a yard. Both he and the gun were found. He freely admitted that he was compliant until the cop found the gun.. then he didn't want to go to prison, so he started running.

This all makes perfect sense, actually.

Pasadena, CA

#18 Mar 23, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
Ole cop hater ghetto rat 'Russ' is at it again, mouthing off.
Your bigotry and racism betrays you and the values of your posts.

I laugh at you.

Pasadena, CA

#19 Mar 23, 2010
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. What a brainless putz.
When are you going to get on that PC you have in Pasadena you brainless putz.
----abc

United States

#20 Mar 23, 2010
Black in Altadena, post # 14,ARE YOU RELATED TO Russman626 ????? What is it called when blacks are fighting other blacks ? Is that racial ,too ??It seems the officers that arrested {the thug }Dixon did their job !Dixon probably felt guilty and therefore made himself "suspicious looking " ! The police are not out looking for trouble at 3am.But what was Dixon doing then ?Maybe picking up or delivering his stash.AND WITH A WEAPON !!! I bet he is probably collecting disability funds to support his habit.Let`s hope the investigation shows us exactly how he supports himself.KUDOS to the arresting officers !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Fair Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) 14 hr Loveyourchildren 114
sex Thu hebiutomo 1
News Earthquake! Your Smartphone Could Give an Early... Wed Kate 1
Anyone know a good auto glass repair shop aroun... (Oct '06) Wed Angela K 22
News Stanford under pressure to reform sexual-assaul... Apr 15 Speakblogger 2
News Unemployment nears 10 percent (Mar '08) Mar '14 Stuart Cudahy 2
News San Mateo County mulls smoking ban: Ordinance w... (Mar '14) Mar '14 bud_schmones 3
More from around the web

North Fair Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]