Local trucker killed in fiery Pennsyl...

Local trucker killed in fiery Pennsylvania crash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 161 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 11, 2011, titled Local trucker killed in fiery Pennsylvania crash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

State police say a Central Ohio trucker is dead after his rig pulling two trailers crashed into a bridge abutment on I-90 east of Erie and burst into flames.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Jan 09

Erie

#155 Apr 21, 2011
uselfishbtch wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...your a PERFECT example of half of whats wrong in here. You DIDN'T read what I said. I said there is no value to put on a human life. It has NOTHING to do with money. It has everything to do with how she acts. Read her posts. Not once does she admit that her dad MAY have been at fault. When anyone questions how this happened, she jumps in to say that person is attacking her dad. They didn't attack her dad, they suggested possible causes for the accident. Someone mentions offical 911 transmissions and they immediately ASSUME it's a cop or emt leaking information. The scanner transmissions can be found online I'm sure. Radio transmissions are NOT secret. Anyone with a scanner or computer can listen to them. No one has to leak the info. If anyone is doing the attacking it's the family on people just looking for answers. In my example, if I did hit her house, I'd be right there saying I messed up. You'll never hear that come out of her mouth. You can just tell what kind of person she is just by reading her posts. It has a lot to do with taking responsibility. Or just being responsible. No one knows how this happened....yet. If we ever learn what happened, and it does come back as something he did wrong, do you think we'll ever see a post from her then? Doubt it. That's the point of my post. It's not at all about money. But to answer your comments. One a bridge costs a lot more than $200,000. There is auto insurance which will pay for most of the damage but not all. On the flip side, I think I've heard something about life insurance a time or two.
I did read your post, several times. I think you are the one who needs to read it again. You mention nothing in that post about admitting fault under any scenario. You mention nothing about responsibility. All you mention is that the taxpayers of PA are out something too referring to the amount of money it cost to fix the bridge.

And yes you did admit that there is no cost to be placed on the loss of a parent, but you did make a comparison between the loss of the parent and the loss of the bridge. You came across as being more concerned about your tax money going to fix something you didn't break vs. saying none of the family is admitting any fault on the driver's behalf.
Charles

Erie, PA

#156 Apr 21, 2011
Hey MRSF, I just lost a parent too. Did that mean I didn't have to pay my taxes this year? I was very sad. Why is the IRS attacking me so? And if this year isnt bad enough, they are going to attack me again next year when they make me file the final return. Whats wrong with them?

I must agree that no matter who was at fault for the accident and no matter what happened as a result of the accident, responsibilty needs to be accepted. Do you really believe that if they arrested someone for DUI and cutting the trucker off that the family wouldnt already have an attorney working on a lawsuit against the drunk driver. They wouldn't be to sad for that. They would expect money to cover the drunks responsibility.
peter cottontail

Erie, PA

#157 Apr 23, 2011
NO VISIT FROM THE EASTER BUNNY FOR THIS FAMILY.

Since: Jan 09

Erie

#158 Apr 25, 2011
Charles wrote:
Hey MRSF, I just lost a parent too. Did that mean I didn't have to pay my taxes this year? I was very sad. Why is the IRS attacking me so? And if this year isnt bad enough, they are going to attack me again next year when they make me file the final return. Whats wrong with them?
I must agree that no matter who was at fault for the accident and no matter what happened as a result of the accident, responsibilty needs to be accepted. Do you really believe that if they arrested someone for DUI and cutting the trucker off that the family wouldnt already have an attorney working on a lawsuit against the drunk driver. They wouldn't be to sad for that. They would expect money to cover the drunks responsibility.
2 totally different things. Go back and read the previous post from the person i responded to, then read mine...maybe it will make more sense than to just read the response.
here we go again

Erie, PA

#159 Apr 26, 2011
well the interstate was down to one lane again today. thank a trucker when you see one...only they know how to wreck and f up everyone elses day.
Daughter

Groveport, OH

#160 Apr 27, 2011
uselfishbtch wrote:
<quoted text>
so it's all about U. all about what U lost. real nice. i agree you lost something that you cant put a price tag on...a dad. but the taxpayers of PA are out a lot of money and you don't give a dam. you think we should just feel sorry for you and screw what we are out. what if i drove my $200,000 sports car through your $800 front porch? is it ok to expect you to feel sorry for me and my totaled car and not give a care about your porch? Thats exactly what you are expecting from us. We DO feel sorry for you but we also expect you to understand we are out something too.
so I'm a selfish bitch. Okay hun it's a life a bridge can get fixed but my dad cant so u need to stop
Daughter

Groveport, OH

#161 Apr 27, 2011
here we go again wrote:
well the interstate was down to one lane again today. thank a trucker when you see one...only they know how to wreck and f up everyone elses day.
really he f***ed it up its not him it getting cut off Hun Ur not the one that got the nock at the door of what happened or the corners response we r f*** the press they want people but he died of a cut off thats it so leave truck drivers alone how do u get Ur clothes from the store that was delivered by them so stop
here we go again

Erie, PA

#162 Apr 27, 2011
Daughter wrote:
<quoted text> really he f***ed it up its not him it getting cut off Hun Ur not the one that got the nock at the door of what happened or the corners response we r f*** the press they want people but he died of a cut off thats it so leave truck drivers alone how do u get Ur clothes from the store that was delivered by them so stop
Another accident on the interstate tonight involving a semi and several cars. Could you just imagine how many accidents there would be if all those truckers weren't professional drivers? Thank God for those super safe driving truckers!!!!! Oh and thanks for getting my clothes to the store too.

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#163 Apr 27, 2011
Wow. What date was the accident? And you people are still arguing about this trucker? Wow.
Magnum P I

Richmond, VA

#164 Apr 27, 2011
Becky-Knapp wrote:
Wow. What date was the accident? And you people are still arguing about this trucker? Wow.
Another thrilling contribution from the peanut gallery...

Get off your high horse, knappy.
TWTL

Cambridge Springs, PA

#165 Apr 27, 2011
Magnum P I wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thrilling contribution from the peanut gallery...
Speaking of thrilling contributions.......

Classic!!
If It Walks Like A Duck

Camp Hill, PA

#166 Apr 27, 2011
Actually makes multiple posts. In between, TWTL and Becky-Knapp appear. Please ladies (obviously using the term loosely), quit the charade!
TWTL

Cambridge Springs, PA

#167 Apr 27, 2011

There's not many things worse than an imagination gone wild, and yours has got quite a grip on you, IIWLAD!!

Take two aspirin and get a good night's sleep and see if everything looks back to normal in the morning.

I'll be gone again. I'm actually getting much better at staying away,(couple weeks this time) but had a small relapse tonight.

It's been fun!!

just plain bill

AOL

#168 Apr 27, 2011
Yeah twtl, those last series of shock treatments didn't help at all did they? You still have those extra personalities in that head of yours. Face it, you will never be cured. So I suggest you stay away forever. But then your other personalities, becksnapback, facually and actually will still be typing away. One question, what's fun for ya when you are getting your ass whopped big time? LMAO
just plain bill

AOL

#169 Apr 27, 2011
Becky-Knapp wrote:
Speaking of accidents, isn't that how you got here? I bet your parents tried to give you away ....and had no luck. Poor things, bet they had to put up with plenty with a wackjob like you.
hanna girls

Erie, PA

#170 Apr 29, 2011
my daddy's perfect too.
here we go again

Erie, PA

#172 May 3, 2011
Daughter wrote:
<quoted text> really he f***ed it up its not him it getting cut off Hun Ur not the one that got the nock at the door of what happened or the corners response we r f*** the press they want people but he died of a cut off thats it so leave truck drivers alone how do u get Ur clothes from the store that was delivered by them so stop
Never guess....another accident tonight involving a trucker....rammed the back of a stopped van causing a fire that kills the driver and her two dogs. That wasn't enough...he also took out the street lights in that intersection. He must have been running late getting my clothes to the store.
PleaseDoTell

Columbus, OH

#173 May 4, 2011
here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>
Never guess....another accident tonight involving a trucker....rammed the back of a stopped van causing a fire that kills the driver and her two dogs. That wasn't enough...he also took out the street lights in that intersection. He must have been running late getting my clothes to the store.
And how many automobile accidents were there today? In the last month how many people died from the result of a truck accident as compared to the number that perished in automobile accidents? Yes, trucks have accidents that can cause deaths. However, how often do you hear or read about deaths involving just automobiles. I'm sure if you check statistics you'll see that automobile accidents win by a landslide. They must have been late getting to the store to buy the clothes that the truck delivered.
cheetos

Waterford, PA

#174 May 4, 2011
if you are not fimilar with the area and have never been there during foggy weather you do not understand. years ago our neighbors had the same thing happen to them, same intersection, they were fortunate and not hurt. Take a drive up there in the fog, you'll figure out why it was called an accident.
fiance

Lawrence, MA

#175 Apr 11, 2014
Placing memorial items at scene, been 3 years today and his daughter's and I still hurt just as it were yesterday. I hope noone would be cruel enough to vandalize these items. Thank those who have given their prayer and stood up for us on here, we will always be grateful for your support during our time of need, thank you all very much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alex peterson cry baby 2 hr irresponsiblejour... 8
Changes at Regional Cancer Center 3 hr lipmonster 16
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 4 hr Republicant 145
Trump - "Making Foreign Lobbyists Great Again" 5 hr tim leary 9
Wall Street Not Happy 5 hr tim leary 3
Globalist Neoliberal Pigs SQUEALING IN HORROR! 5 hr Roy Cohn 8
Oil Prices Drop with Brexit, investors flee to ... 5 hr tim leary 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North East Mortgages