Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland

Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland

There are 78 comments on the Associated Content story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Heroin is a highly addictive substance that is derived from morphine. Heroin abuse is running rampant in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

hello

Townsend, DE

#43 Jul 14, 2012
Welcome to Cecil county where 30's are more important then feeding ur kids
tired too

Middletown, DE

#44 Jul 14, 2012
I understand what you are going though, if you do that they win and your family are the only ones that lose, so please re-think that plan, come to the cecil county health department on monday and ask to talk to mike, let him know how desperate you are he will help or point you in the right direction. 401 bow street, elkton,md
Amused

United States

#45 Jul 15, 2012
"mom," if you really wanted to do it, you wouldn't have posted it on Topix. Your cry for attention is wasting your time. Take your problem up with your insurance company, or someone that can do something, not an open forum website or blog. If the "drug addict boyfriend" is truly a problem and you're going to post it in here, at least blast his name so others are aware and they, or their daughters won't fall victim to "him."
notlocal

AOL

#46 Jul 15, 2012
Amused wrote:
"mom," if you really wanted to do it, you wouldn't have posted it on Topix. Your cry for attention is wasting your time. Take your problem up with your insurance company, or someone that can do something, not an open forum website or blog. If the "drug addict boyfriend" is truly a problem and you're going to post it in here, at least blast his name so others are aware and they, or their daughters won't fall victim to "him."
No, don't hurt or blame yourself. Then who will take care of your daughter? Aetna used to be a very good company. Call the Maryland State Insurance Commissioner. Yes, blast his name on here and go ask the courts for a restraining order to keep him away from your home...your daughter if she's a minor.

Best thing you can do is get yourself and your daughter as far from Cecil County as possible.
Wake up its time to die

Fort Washington, MD

#47 Jul 17, 2012
The Whig (a joke in itself) runs an article about parents who want us to feel guilty that there kid is a drug addict, and is not the same person. No duh. But I'll say it once again, I don't force the dope on you, I don't stick the needle in you,etc. and I sure as hell know better than do them.(pot excluded) So quit whining I don't care if your kids/parent/spouse is on dope should not have done it it the first place. Why should my tax dollars clean these dopes up. Go to jial, grow up, and don't do drugs. Simple I know.
Yes there are drugs in jail but really it is the best rehab(work in a jail never an inmate). Society has become so rampant with lets save drug addicts, I for don't care about them, honestly I don't. Die, or get clean simple as that. Yes I have friends/family who are addicts, steal, cheat, etc.
Amused

United States

#48 Jul 19, 2012
Wake up its time to die wrote:
The Whig (a joke in itself) runs an article about parents who want us to feel guilty that there kid is a drug addict, and is not the same person. No duh. But I'll say it once again, I don't force the dope on you, I don't stick the needle in you,etc. and I sure as hell know better than do them.(pot excluded) So quit whining I don't care if your kids/parent/spouse is on dope should not have done it it the first place. Why should my tax dollars clean these dopes up. Go to jial, grow up, and don't do drugs. Simple I know.
Yes there are drugs in jail but really it is the best rehab(work in a jail never an inmate). Society has become so rampant with lets save drug addicts, I for don't care about them, honestly I don't. Die, or get clean simple as that. Yes I have friends/family who are addicts, steal, cheat, etc.
I agree! This whole "let's feel bad for the person who ruined their lives voluntarily" is ridiculous. They're the ones that put that pill in their nose, or that needle in their arm. They knew the consequences prior to doing it, and still chose to be selfish. So why should I/we feel the need to help that person that recklessly chose that lifestyle. They all play the "victim" role so well, yet they are far from it. For every one person that fell "victim" to the drug, there are many others (like myself) that turned their back on drugs. GROW UP, sober up, and quit asking for help to fix the disaster that "you" created!
Interested Party

Baltimore, MD

#49 Jul 19, 2012
I think many are making good points here. It is not about race- peopl truly work hard or not work so hard.. I think it is a lot about pride. Somehow we have lost our pride. Pride in a job well done, pride in a clean place, pride in making a house a home, pride in making our children better than we are... drugs are very very evil I think they make the taker not care.. I don't know what the answer is but truly we have to try to work together to make Cecil County better
jUDGE AND jUrY

Elkton, MD

#50 Jul 20, 2012
Amy wrote:
<quoted text> I see you moved from Redneck Cecil county to Hillbilly WV, after reading your post I think that was a good idea on your behalf, I live in NE and I hate it I moved here when I was 13 from De and when all my friends found out I was moving here they told me that I would grow up to be in the KKK and have no teeth and most likely end up on drugs living in Lakeside, of course they were just messing with me about moving here but that is what everyone thinks of this place and they have been thinking this way for more then 20 years!!!! And thanks to people like you they will always think about Ceciltucky the same way!!!
HILLBILLY, WV ?
WOW! Have you joined that hate group yet?
That sounded real racist to me!
If you don't like what people think about where you live...
You are free to move out of Ceciltucky. I'm sure you won't be missed.
Ps. Lakeside was built by hard working blue collar people. At one time it was a good place for young families just starting out.
It sounds to me as if you may have some self hate.
You live here and all that I could read in your post was about you and your town. None of it good. I imagine they will always think that way with your help.
jUDGE AND jUrY

Elkton, MD

#51 Jul 20, 2012
mom wrote:
I am going to kill myself if I can't get help for our daughter. She has a severe anxiety disorder, eating disorder, is self destructive, depressed, has been physically and sexually abused by her drug addict boyfriend and his friends and our insurance AETNA, whom we pay over $200.00 EVERY WEEK, will not pay for her treatment. TALK ABOUT GETTING RAPED. We pay them, but they won't help us. SHE NEEDS INPATIENT TREATMENT! AETNA is the worst insurance company. She needs inpatient treatment because she is a danger to herself. We have been robbed by her drug addict boyfriend, over $4800.00 and we have hit ROCK BOTTOM. I WILL SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD IF SOMEONE DOESN'T HELP and I DO HAVE A GUN. I hate drugs, I hate dealers, I want this NIGHTMARE to end. CECIL COUNTY is the drug capitol of MD. How many kids have to die? How many parents have to suffer? How many families have to be destroyed by drug addiction and SELFISHNESS????????? I WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!
This is not Cecil County's fault. CUT her off if he is in it...so is she . If you want to face it or not. She plays a part in all of it. You can't fix her. Only she can. Sooner or later she will get tired of being kicked.
Good luck & god bless
Amused

Philadelphia, PA

#52 Jul 21, 2012
jUDGE AND jUrY wrote:
<quoted text>This is not Cecil County's fault. CUT her off if he is in it...so is she . If you want to face it or not. She plays a part in all of it. You can't fix her. Only she can. Sooner or later she will get tired of being kicked.
Good luck & god bless
You're right. People blaming their drug habit on the county they live in are the same people that blame the fork for being fat. These people are the reason coffee cups must say "CAUTION: HOT" yea no crap! And let me guess, you mopping the floor makes it slippery too, right? Morons....
Sarah

Rising Sun, MD

#53 Jul 23, 2012
Maybe if DOCTORS wouldn't hand out prescriptions for painkillers like they're candy and are HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their sloppy work-the numbers of addicts would decrease. Maybe if people would THROW OUT THEIR OLD/UNUSED MEDS AND KEEP THE PAINKILLERS LOCKED UP so their kids and/or friends wouldn't steal them, we'd help the problem just a freakin' bit. This is the root of the problem.

You CAN blame Cecil county.. for sure, because the morons who live there don't refuse pain meds from the docs, they take them home, use a few and leave the rest laying around for addicts to steal. The Docs don't care about the problems AND ARE GETTING PERKS FROM THE PHARMACEUTICAL companies, including money, vacations, equipment etc. so they keep prescribing and the pharmacies don't track people well enough.

People use Heroin if they can't get the RX Oxys etc. They're all opiates. Cecil county has a terrible illegal drug problem, 2nd to Baltimore City so SHUT THE HELL UP and stop defending Cecil county or residents. THEY could do so much more to help combat the problem.

Also, the schools need to do a lot more to keep the kids involved, busy, in clubs, sports and activities so they don't go home and resort to drugs out of boredom. The counties with better school sports programs and clubs have a lot fewer kids doing drugs. The schools in Cecil co. are APATHETIC. The teachers and admins have given up. The sports programs are LAME. Parents can take back the schools by getting involved, volunteering their time to work with clubs and THROWING THEIR OLD MEDS OUT or LOCKING UP current prescriptions. WAKE UP EVERYONE. It's your problem. Drug addicts will keep using as long as the source doesn't dry up.
Amused

Collegeville, PA

#54 Jul 23, 2012
Sarah wrote:
Maybe if DOCTORS wouldn't hand out prescriptions for painkillers like they're candy and are HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their sloppy work-the numbers of addicts would decrease. Maybe if people would THROW OUT THEIR OLD/UNUSED MEDS AND KEEP THE PAINKILLERS LOCKED UP so their kids and/or friends wouldn't steal them, we'd help the problem just a freakin' bit. This is the root of the problem.

You CAN blame Cecil county.. for sure, because the morons who live there don't refuse pain meds from the docs, they take them home, use a few and leave the rest laying around for addicts to steal. The Docs don't care about the problems AND ARE GETTING PERKS FROM THE PHARMACEUTICAL companies, including money, vacations, equipment etc. so they keep prescribing and the pharmacies don't track people well enough.

People use Heroin if they can't get the RX Oxys etc. They're all opiates. Cecil county has a terrible illegal drug problem, 2nd to Baltimore City so SHUT THE HELL UP and stop defending Cecil county or residents. THEY could do so much more to help combat the problem.

Also, the schools need to do a lot more to keep the kids involved, busy, in clubs, sports and activities so they don't go home and resort to drugs out of boredom. The counties with better school sports programs and clubs have a lot fewer kids doing drugs. The schools in Cecil co. are APATHETIC. The teachers and admins have given up. The sports programs are LAME. Parents can take back the schools by getting involved, volunteering their time to work with clubs and THROWING THEIR OLD MEDS OUT or LOCKING UP current prescriptions. WAKE UP EVERYONE. It's your problem. Drug addicts will keep using as long as the source doesn't dry up.
So, riddle me this. Back in the "good ol days" when people left their houses unlocked and didn't throw medication away, the drug problem wasn't so high. But now all a sudden it is, but yet we are blaming the county for people not throwing it away? That's moronic! I have family that live in the boonies up outside state college who don't have to worry about medication being taken! You say to "shut the hell up" about defending the county, you're in a way defending the piece of crap drug addict. I don't care if the pill is on the sidewalk waiting to be taken, the turd holds the right to resist. Nobody is to blame but the dumbass that popped the drug. They're idiots, and quite frankly, so are you.
uh oh

Elkton, MD

#55 Jul 23, 2012
The blue bags are wiping pills out. Cost the same and the high last longer
government action

North East, MD

#56 Jul 24, 2012
The opiate addiction problem in Delaware and Cecil County out of control. Drug rehabs programs that provide drugs for free suboxin and methadone are a joke. They also buy these drugs on the street. This is not a cure. The government needs to do something about doctors getting perks for writing prescriptions. Also the ER's docs get rated if they took care of the pain for the patient. If they did not give them a prescription they get a low score and negative impact. The cost to all citizens in crime, rehabs, methadone programs and children born addicted has not even been calculated yet. They are only touching the surface with the price tag for children addicted to opiates and it is astronomical. No one stresses to these kids that prescriptions can extremely addicting. Since it is in the medicine cabinet at home it seems ok. They are not told once they cant afford percocet, oxy they will end up on heroin because it is cheaper. Educate your kids early drug addicts will destroy a family and you can't help them they need to decide to stop and help themselves. Until the government starts addressing of all the people making money on this it will only get worse.
Alton

Matteson, IL

#57 Sep 16, 2012
Does anyone on this forum know how to construct a grammatically correct sentence? Everyone is down on the druggies of Cecil County, which is absolutely the case. However, learn to write a sentence! The irony is even the non druggies are giving this county a bad reputation.
Jenna

Rising Sun, MD

#58 Sep 20, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! This whole "let's feel bad for the person who ruined their lives voluntarily" is ridiculous. They're the ones that put that pill in their nose, or that needle in their arm. They knew the consequences prior to doing it, and still chose to be selfish. So why should I/we feel the need to help that person that recklessly chose that lifestyle. They all play the "victim" role so well, yet they are far from it. For every one person that fell "victim" to the drug, there are many others (like myself) that turned their back on drugs. GROW UP, sober up, and quit asking for help to fix the disaster that "you" created!
Amen! I am sick of being the decent tax-paying citizen who pays for the self-inflicted drug addicts rehab treatment, public defenders and other assorted welfare programs.
Your mom

Elkton, MD

#59 Oct 24, 2012
Personally i be a momma of three and drugs had made me been smarter i am so smart and my babbes be more smartest den uoy as crack which is what i giit dem for dinner,
Baby daddy

Elkton, MD

#60 Oct 24, 2012
yO I AGRRE,WITH yo mama causa im da baby daddy of your moms kids
Your mom

Elkton, MD

#61 Oct 24, 2012
Tiquan u dont eve know if jewlisha is even been urs u pulled out
Jorge

Fort Washington, MD

#62 Oct 24, 2012
Your mom wrote:
Tiquan u dont eve know if jewlisha is even been urs u pulled out
This website is designed for you and
your friends. You need to check it
out. www.iamamoron.com . I think you
will have fun on this site. Most losers
love this website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North East Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollingsworth Manor (Oct '09) Jun 27 Jhymere 75
Pronounce it CORRECTLY ! (Jul '14) Jun 26 Passerby 2
DO YOU DRIVE? Be part of our research -- 5min S... Jun 24 MSUNTC 1
News Finding Rosie: $500 reward offered for cat lost... Jun 23 May 3
News Town meeting set for June 3 to discuss Elkton f... Jun 11 May 1
The murder of Dino Fanucci (Nov '11) Jun 7 Risingsungirl 8
farr creek (Aug '08) May '15 Smh 617
More from around the web

North East People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

North East Mortgages