Dartmouth Selectman Convicted Felon ?

Dartmouth Selectman Convicted Felon ?

Posted in the North Dartmouth Forum

Bob Kelly

Greenville, RI

#1 Feb 4, 2010
William Trimble ,Selectman Dartmouth , Massachusetts

Did the residents of Dartmouth Massachusetts elect a former convicted felon to the position of Selectman ?

Court records show this individual with a very serious charge against him in 2000 ?

This selectman just sat on a board which made a decision to take property rights from residents around a commercial wind turbine site.

The media has responsibility to tell the general public about these people and their backgrounds !

This individual is a public figure , we need answers to these questions !

Was there a plea bargain resulting in probation ? Is he a convicted felon ?

Here is the news article :

New Bedford District Court

Monday, July 31, 2000

William Trimble, 43, 201 Hixville Road, Dartmouth, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery, Oct. 10.
Ellen Kelly

Greenville, RI

#2 Feb 4, 2010
January 06, 2010 12:00 AM
The Select Board voted unanimously Monday night to issue a special permit for a pair of municipal wind turbines on town land off Chase Road despite last-minute objections raised by a handful of residents opposed to the project.

The board attached a long list of conditions to the permit, addressing many of the health and safety concerns raised by residents in neighborhoods surrounding the site near the town's wastewater treatment plant.

Approval of the special permit advances the $9.2 million project to the funding stage. A decision on funding the turbine installation will be made by town meeting members at a special town meeting scheduled for Jan. 26.

Monday night, Select Board member Lara Stone suggested the board has done "due diligence" studying the Alternate Energy Committee's application to erect two commercial turbines on 100 meter towers and researching issues raised by town officials and residents.

"I am satisfied we have had a professional analysis done," Mrs. Stone said after a third session of the public hearing on the project was closed. "I understand there are risks, but I believe we can do this project safely."

Board Chairman Joseph Michaud agreed the decision has involved more study "than any other issue that has come before this board," and that every effort has been made to "balance the pros and cons of this project."

He read a long list of findings pointing out the application meets
Ralph Vitalie

Greenville, RI

#3 Feb 8, 2010
Many of the select people from Dartmouth have had problems in the past :

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wind turbine permit appeal lawsuit

Some residents have filed a lawsuit appealing the special permit granted for two wind turbines in town. I have scanned the suit and uploaded it here. The suit seeks to have the grant of a special permit annulled. The crux of the suit seems to be that the Select Board cannot issue a permit in this case because they are the executive board of the town as well as the special permit granting authority. The arguments seem to be pretty scattershot to me, at one point claiming the Select Board ceded their authority to the Alternative Energy Committee ...

... and in another that the Select Board exceeded their authority by issuing the permit. Other claims include harm to the abutters, lack of proper notification, and that the bylaw set up a flawed process for approval.
You can read the suit yourself at this link
Posted by Bill Trimble at 9:19 AM 108 VIEWERS CLICKED HERE TO COMMENT ON THIS POST. ADD YOUR COMMENT. http://dartmouthhitcingpost.blogspot.com/2010...
Bob Kelly

Greenville, RI

#4 Feb 9, 2010

One more time on wind turbines
Let me start out by answering some of the queries that seem to be recurring in the comments. I will address noise, shadow flicker, blade and ice throw, real estate values, and the proposed location.

The noise created by the wind turbines has been modeled and a study of ambient background noise was conducted. The standard set in our bylaw and by Massachusetts General Law is 310 CMR 7.10. That sets an absolute limit of 10 dB over ambient noise. The results of the study are that the increase is 2-3 dB over ambient. That is 3 to 5 times below the standard. The results of that study can be found here. While I am on the subject of noise, let me address the concerns of those who think it will affect their health. There are no peer reviewed studies that have found adverse health effects due to wind turbine sound, infrasound, or vibration. Click here for an expert panel review. UMass Amherst's Renewable Energy Research Lab has this paper on wind turbine sound.

Posted by Bill Trimble at 7:06 PM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Dartmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Solar panels not always sunny Oct 18 tell it like it is 8
News Tyler Street TDI Fellow wants to enhance alread... Aug '16 cops are degenerates 1
News Westport police investigation continues into 'l... Jul '16 Roberta cares 1
700 animals Rescued in Massachusettes Jul '16 Uss constitution 1
Review: Bucacci And Simonian (Jan '13) Jul '16 Sukcap 3
New Bedford Ocean Wind Turbine Port Boondoggle Jul '16 Bob DeLeo 1
News Judge Extends Restraining Order In Immigration ... (Apr '07) Jun '16 Nopal 3

North Dartmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Dartmouth Mortgages