Highway superintendent's salary cut b...

Highway superintendent's salary cut by $20,000

There are 11 comments on the Buffalo News story from Nov 21, 2007, titled Highway superintendent's salary cut by $20,000. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

“We set his salary at a reasonable rate.”

David Winter took on the incumbent highway superintendent in North Collins on Election Day and won. via Buffalo News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#1 Nov 23, 2007
I think the town board has alot of nerve to cut the salary 20.000 because winters wasn't in the click. wat to go Tommy.
Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#2 Nov 23, 2007
way to go Tommy
Karin

Buffalo, NY

#3 Nov 24, 2007
I think there could be a law suit.??
Jan

Buffalo, NY

#4 Nov 29, 2007
If you have met the man, and heard his comments about only having to pencil push for 7 hrs a week for one hell of a pay or maybe helped him out of the ditch on his "drunken ditch cleaning weekends" or smoked some of the pot from under his truck seat with him - and still have some respect for him than by all means use your tax dollar to support it. If you have read any of the articles on this - the salary posted for this position was from a man who worked 30+ years to earn it. This man started out at under 10M that many years ago. The salary paid to the appointed person was not nearly as high as the salary our precious town clerk posted.
Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#5 Dec 1, 2007
Well good point. Just remember before you took your new job the person worked for 30 plus years and you are taking the pay he earned so what is the point? As his other habits as you said. Why has the sheriff's dept do anything seeing it is common knowledge. Sounds as if he is a good politician.
Winter Is A Winner

Mount Shasta, CA

#6 Dec 5, 2007
This is in response to the kind words from Jan...
Everyone seems to forget that David won the election fair and square. I have known him for the better part of 35 years and he is the type of person that would take the shirt off his back for anyone. I think it is unfair that he is not being given the chance to even do the job before being criticized and ridiculed. He comes from a wonderful family that has a long history of doing kind things for anyone in need. I can't imagine him ever saying the "pencil pushing" comment. I know david will do the best job regardless of what the pay is. And furthermore, the comment about drug use and ditch cleaning is slanderous.... I would watch what energy you put out in the world... It always comes back to you. You reap what you sow.
Kathy Mecca

Buffalo, NY

#7 Dec 6, 2007
When they say the Winters are bad in Lanford, New York, USA, they don't mean the Weather.
Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#8 Dec 6, 2007
Kathy what do you mean by that? I know I have been out of town for quite afew years for milatary service please enlighten me.
thanks
Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#9 Jan 4, 2008
what happen with the salary? it is like the whole town got swallowed up and people have no intrest in anything going on.
semperfi

AOL

#10 Feb 10, 2009
Your right Frank, Mr. Winter proved to be a great highway super. He is doing an excellant job. He has improved our little town parks and given the children something to do. I have seen him working side by side with the guys. Salting and sanding the roads himself. The comments that were made about him that he smokes pot and drunken ditch digging from Jan in Hamburg she dosnt know what the hell shes talking about. Maybe Jan should come out and look what hes done so far. So Jan come on out. You dont know what the hell your talking. You are simpleminded and need to be slapped.
Frank Diodato

Newport News, VA

#11 Feb 11, 2009
Thanks, I know I only come home 3 or 4 times a year. I do talk to alot of people at home yes I do think of North Collins as home still even living here in Newport News. Tommy has done a good job with the town and sometimes thing get in the way.
I am glad to see Mr. Winter is showing who ever doubted his ability to handle everything and they all should be happy for the job he is doing for all the towns people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Collins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 11 hr abdellina hassan 4
Carly M Sep '17 Burger boy 2
Volunteer fire fighters in gowanda.since the ye... Sep '17 Nathaniel B 1
Welfare, Section 8, Housing Options, Medicaid, ... (Sep '16) Sep '17 Betty 4
News Felon accused of having illegal firearm (Nov '11) Sep '17 Gowanda 117
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Aug '17 Concerned resident 153
water valley antiques/antiques of eden Aug '17 Desoto search 1

North Collins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Collins Mortgages