Two Teens Cited for Underage Drinking

There are 20 comments on the Apr 19, 2013, Patch.com story titled Two Teens Cited for Underage Drinking. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The information below comes from the Lake Forest Police Department. Consumption of Alcohol by Minor April 14: Officers and an ambulance responded for an incapacitatedman at Lake Forest College.Officersspoke with Timothy E. Coleman, 19, of Columbia, Ill., who was extremely intoxicated and vomiting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Springer

Millstadt, IL

#1 Apr 19, 2013
Always thought this kid was trouble....
hillbilly bob johnny joe

Columbia, IL

#2 Apr 19, 2013
jerry springer is a pimp
faith

Waterloo, IL

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Springer wrote:
Who cares really that's college life
Springer

Millstadt, IL

#4 Apr 20, 2013
Drinking so much that you have to go to the hospital is completely irresponsible, whether you're in college or not. It's a good thing someone called the cops before he passed out and possibly choked on his own vomit in is sleep. When will kids learn?
beelzebub

United States

#6 Apr 21, 2013
Oh my god, a teenager got drunk! You people are idiots. Please go to church and pray for all humanity, and a LIFE.
freetim

United States

#7 Jul 16, 2013
I love Tim. He helped me raise my inbred kids, yes I dipped into the dark meat for a little I am not proud of it but Tim was there for me
Oh My

Columbia, IL

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Did you know Columbia passed an Ordinance that if you get a DUI you will be paying about $500 for administration fees and towing. Funny how you are fined and penalized before you have even gone before a court. Innocent until proven guilty? The administration fee must go to the women that works in the clerk's office, to help pay for the money paid to get her step daughter out of 2 DUI's she got within 24hrs. Illinois has a zero tolerance law. Underage drinking and/or Dui lose your license for 1 yr. It all depends on who you know, the girl only got 6 months suspension and had to take some classed, no blow machine or mandatory 1yr suspension. What a corrupt town, and now the City Council has voted straight vote since the election in April. Since when can 9 people in Columbia ever agree on one subject?
we are in charge now

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Silence!
Oh My wrote:
Did you know Columbia passed an Ordinance that if you get a DUI you will be paying about $500 for administration fees and towing. Funny how you are fined and penalized before you have even gone before a court. Innocent until proven guilty? The administration fee must go to the women that works in the clerk's office, to help pay for the money paid to get her step daughter out of 2 DUI's she got within 24hrs. Illinois has a zero tolerance law. Underage drinking and/or Dui lose your license for 1 yr. It all depends on who you know, the girl only got 6 months suspension and had to take some classed, no blow machine or mandatory 1yr suspension. What a corrupt town, and now the City Council has voted straight vote since the election in April. Since when can 9 people in Columbia ever agree on one subject?
Well

Collinsville, IL

#10 Jul 17, 2013
I drank more when I was a teenager than when I became an adult. Most kids try it.
wimp

Columbia, IL

#13 Jul 26, 2013
I've been way more intoxicated. That's weak shit
Dave and the Boys

Waukegan, IL

#14 Aug 6, 2013
charged for that? My gay friends and I do more than that every weekend
big toe

Waukegan, IL

#15 Aug 15, 2013
Ratlip admits he's gay? finally?
resident born and raised

Columbia, IL

#16 Aug 15, 2013
Springer wrote:
I'm sure your closet is skeleton free.
ignoranceisbliss

Waterloo, IL

#17 Aug 15, 2013
Yes, most if not all o us have drank as teens however, the laws are for good reason. Most minors (and a lot of adults)are not even capable of controlling their behavior in a 'normal' state of mind. Adding alcohol just amplifies the problem. The biggest problem is that when you start drinking at a young age your body is more likely to create an addiction and the rest is history and the tax payer pays for it all. I dont know a thing about this kid but most times (not all) the kid is getting set a bad example from home in one way or many. Please, dont give me the "old enough to go to war" story.
resident born and raised

Columbia, IL

#18 Aug 15, 2013
Like I said, I'm sure your closet is skeleton free. We made it thru it alive, they will to. Some wont, it's part of life. You can't control others. End of story.
garp

Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 16, 2013
Oh My wrote:
actually if its attached to dui they cant collect it unless the dui sticks. Not sure they can add penalties to a state charge. A good lawyer likely could beat that garbage.
res the fool

Waterloo, IL

#20 Aug 16, 2013
resident born and raised wrote:
Like I said, I'm sure your closet is skeleton free. We made it thru it alive, they will to. Some wont, it's part of life. You can't control others. End of story.
You are an arrogant but mostly ignorant sob....
really

Waterloo, IL

#21 Aug 16, 2013
resident born and raised wrote:
....AS long yours does the killing and doesnt get killed.... right? You are an idiot!
garp

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 17, 2013
ignoranceisbliss wrote:
Yes, most if not all o us have drank as teens however, the laws are for good reason. Most minors (and a lot of adults)are not even capable of controlling their behavior in a 'normal' state of mind. Adding alcohol just amplifies the problem. The biggest problem is that when you start drinking at a young age your body is more likely to create an addiction and the rest is history and the tax payer pays for it all. I dont know a thing about this kid but most times (not all) the kid is getting set a bad example from home in one way or many. Please, dont give me the "old enough to go to war" story.
actully, the old enough to fight old enough to drink idea makes more sense than any law on the books. Kids shouldnt be sent to war, but if theyre going to they should damn well be treated like adults before they die. Nobody needs your lessons, youre no braniac and we arent idiots. Kids are going to be kids, preaching never did anything but get a person ignored by other adults and laughed at by kids.
tool

Columbia, IL

#23 Sep 1, 2013
garp wrote:
<quoted text> actully, the old enough to fight old enough to drink idea makes more sense than any law on the books. Kids shouldnt be sent to war, but if theyre going to they should damn well be treated like adults before they die. Nobody needs your lessons, youre no braniac and we arent idiots. Kids are going to be kids, preaching never did anything but get a person ignored by other adults and laughed at by kids.
'Treated like adults' is one thing. Allowed to turn themselves into alcoholics at a young age is another. Garp, I sense you or someone close to you has a substance abuse problem and youre in a bit of denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overflow crowd demands Zion cops wear body cameras 22 hr Jerry Mullins 5
Both of my Dads wear diapers (Nov '13) Sun Real 5
Has anyone tried this trick to test used batter... Apr 25 Lane H 2
Should wefare recipients have their checks take... Apr 18 food stamps 6
Judge jay ukena (Mar '13) Apr 15 Duck Hook 169
Bigfoot Sightings in Woods in Zion Apr 13 Red Bay 27
News Highland Park doctor held in fatal overdoses of... (Apr '08) Apr 13 not today 33
More from around the web

North Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]