Atlanta firm picked for North Chicago redevelopment project

The Lake County Housing Authority has selected the Atlanta-based Benoit Group to redevelop property now occupied by the Marion Jones projects. Full Story
Observer

Gurnee, IL

#1 Jan 30, 2013
This complex is built like a fortress. The buildings are fully constructed of brick. The shells will last and the insides just need to be overhauled. Would we way cheaper just to upgrade.

The majority of the people living there are free loaders that have been living there for generations. The residents themselves say that there are constant fights, shootings and all night partying. Great. So now you're going to disburse these degenerates to live amongst the hard working,honest homeowners. I'm sure the slum-section-8-lords are going to have a field day and the honest citizens of North Chicago, Waukegan, Beach Park and Zion will have to put up with these WIC/LINK dregs of society. If you think the crime rate is high in NC now, just wait - instead of the crime being contained to one area, it will now branch out into all wards. And or course NC is not getting anymore policemen, so good folk will just have to grin and bear it.

Mayor Rockingham is living in a fantasy world and he only looks to make changes/improvements when it's "highly visible". You think NC has a problem now with its ratio of 60/40 rentals/ownership? Just wait until the rest of the homeowners start selling and moving out. If NC is ever going to regain some semblance of a thriving city, the mayor needs to invest in the population that pays property taxes and not in the population that thrives on hand-outs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bears ....sell'em ? New coach? No w qb ? 5 hr Cathrine Cat for... 15
Waukegan school guards accused of felony theft (Jan '08) Fri Top That 48
New Boutique Wed Rose Battaglia 3
Gasoline Prices Dec 11 Wondering 1
Review: Tornado Bus Co (Oct '08) Dec 6 u stupid son of t... 26
Patients Looking For Somnomed MAS, Somnodent MA... (Aug '09) Dec 1 Annetay 10
Welcome to Waukegan Nov 24 Greatful 1
North Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web