Zion police nearly caught in gang cro...

Zion police nearly caught in gang crossfire

There are 55 comments on the News-Sun story from Jul 29, 2007, titled Zion police nearly caught in gang crossfire. In it, News-Sun reports that:

Police officers performing surveillance of gang activity Wednesday in the 2200 block of Hebron Avenue were nearly caught in the crossfire of a gang-related shooting. via News-Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chicago

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#1 Jul 30, 2007
That whole are needs to be tore down and rebuilt,get those thugs out of our neighborhoods so our kids can be safe.
cunning stunts

Franklin, WI

#2 Jul 30, 2007
Chicago wrote:
That whole are needs to be tore down and rebuilt,get those thugs out of our neighborhoods so our kids can be safe.
So our kids can be safe?
What about the adults?

I'm sick and tired of that lame old excuse of somebody pretending to want to do something for the "children"

Nothing but a crutch.

If adults die, there will be no more children.

I suppose you're one of those pukes that has that "BABY ON BOARD" placard on your MINIVAN?

Yeah, there's a baby on board, THE DRIVER!
LAKE COUNTY

Libertyville, IL

#3 Jul 31, 2007
Its a shame Waukegan,North Chicago and Zion has turned into a battle ground for gangbangers.I drive through those areas everyday I see Drug dealers Hookers and Scam artists openly selling thier wares. Now they are having shoot outs while the cops are there!!
Chicago

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#4 Jul 31, 2007
cunning stunts wrote:
<quoted text>
So our kids can be safe?
What about the adults?
I'm sick and tired of that lame old excuse of somebody pretending to want to do something for the "children"
Nothing but a crutch.
If adults die, there will be no more children.
I suppose you're one of those pukes that has that "BABY ON BOARD" placard on your MINIVAN?
Yeah, there's a baby on board, THE DRIVER!
Im more concerned about my kids than myself,I guess self-centered people dont understand that and no I dont drive a mini-van,youre ignorant.
Sweeper

United States

#5 Jul 31, 2007
LAKE COUNTY wrote:
Its a shame Waukegan,North Chicago and Zion has turned into a battle ground for gangbangers.I drive through those areas everyday I see Drug dealers Hookers and Scam artists openly selling thier wares. Now they are having shoot outs while the cops are there!!
Waukegan, North Chicago, and Zion are well, Waukegan, North Chicago, and Zion! They have had these problems for years, nothing changes. Best to leave and never go back. I did.
cunning stunts

Franklin, WI

#6 Jul 31, 2007
Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Im more concerned about my kids than myself,I guess self-centered people dont understand that and no I dont drive a mini-van,youre ignorant.
That's fine, but some people are not able to have children.

Are you saying that those same people are not entitled to the same protection as the children?

You're still a puke who hides behind the guise that you want something for the sake of the children.

I'm also convinced that you DO, or have owned a MINIVAN!
k-town

Union Grove, WI

#7 Jul 31, 2007
No one will ever be safe as long as we let law makers keep guns out of the hands of the every day person. These stupid a$$ gutter rats will always have guns, police will never be there to stop them from killing you. So the only ones to blame is ourselves for letting our freedoms fade away, sure everyone thought it was a good idea to give up there only means of protection because the police will protect us, has crime gotten any better? Do you think it ever will? Sure when we are a total police state and people give up the rest of our rights, that isnt far off now.
cunning stunts

Franklin, WI

#8 Jul 31, 2007
k-town wrote:
No one will ever be safe as long as we let law makers keep guns out of the hands of the every day person. These stupid a$$ gutter rats will always have guns, police will never be there to stop them from killing you. So the only ones to blame is ourselves for letting our freedoms fade away, sure everyone thought it was a good idea to give up there only means of protection because the police will protect us, has crime gotten any better? Do you think it ever will? Sure when we are a total police state and people give up the rest of our rights, that isnt far off now.
Save your breath, the bleeding heart liberal pukes want more gun laws, cause they somehow believe that murderers, rapists, drug dealers and gang bangers will somehow start magically following some new sets of gun rules.

They are sadly, living in some sort of fantasy world w/in their gated minivan, association dictated communities.

I say: Just tote your own piece anyway, as it's better to be judged by 12, than it is to be carried by 6.
Sweeper

United States

#9 Jul 31, 2007
War on drugs, lost
War on gang bangers, lost
War on gun control, lost
War on crime, lost
Give us guns, we'll show how to fight a war.
Sweeper

United States

#10 Jul 31, 2007
Oh yeah, war on using "children" to promote every stinking liberal cause, won.
Chicago

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#11 Aug 1, 2007
cunning stunts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine, but some people are not able to have children.
Are you saying that those same people are not entitled to the same protection as the children?
You're still a puke who hides behind the guise that you want something for the sake of the children.
I'm also convinced that you DO, or have owned a MINIVAN!
How sad you are,I feel sorry for you.
cunning stunts

Franklin, WI

#12 Aug 1, 2007
Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad you are,I feel sorry for you.
Don't feel sorry for me, my family and I are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselvs.

We don't depend on the government to hold our hand through every step of life.

Instead of griping about the condition of the neighborhood, why don't you take charge of your life and move to a better place?

Better yet, you and your lazy arse neighbors could get off your keesters and talk to the police about forming a community watch group and reclaim the neighborhood.
I WORK FOR A LIVING

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 26, 2007
cunning stunts wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel sorry for me, my family and I are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselvs.
We don't depend on the government to hold our hand through every step of life.
Instead of griping about the condition of the neighborhood, why don't you take charge of your life and move to a better place?
Better yet, you and your lazy arse neighbors could get off your keesters and talk to the police about forming a community watch group and reclaim the neighborhood.
What are you doing about it,besides proving how ignorant you are?And I dont live in that neighborhood fucktard!
Hugh Jass

United States

#14 Aug 26, 2007
I WORK FOR A LIVING wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing about it,besides proving how ignorant you are?And I dont live in that neighborhood fucktard!
Did you come up w/ that all by yourself, or is that part of a class project?
Chicago

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#16 Dec 4, 2007
Where is Zions gang unit? Are they doing anything about gangs in this town?NO! They need to start by tearing down the Hebrons,that would take care of a huge part of the problem!
Ben Derover

Franklin, WI

#17 Dec 5, 2007
That whole 27th and Galilee area needs to be flattened.
What a shthole!
Chicago

Pleasant Prairie, WI

#18 Dec 6, 2007
The people who live there are what makes it that way.
Transplanted in the south

Brandon, MS

#19 Dec 12, 2007
LAKE COUNTY wrote:
Its a shame Waukegan,North Chicago and Zion has turned into a battle ground for gangbangers.I drive through those areas everyday I see Drug dealers Hookers and Scam artists openly selling thier wares. Now they are having shoot outs while the cops are there!!
When you see those criminals in the act, do you let anyone know who, what, where? Maybe you could help out, and do something, put your eyes to good use and let the Zion PD know what you see that goes on "everyday"? Do you think they can do it all by themselves?
ifudontlikeitLEA VE

Deerfield, IL

#20 Dec 13, 2007
Oh boy. Since when does the law state that you cant own a gun? Unless you are a felon, almost everybody can own a gun and use it to protect themselves and their families. You must be a bit of a thug if you think society should allow people to carry conceled weapons on the street. If your life is in such danger from being shot then maybe YOU should remove yourself from the situation and not add to street violence by shooting anyone who mean mugs you. Jeez!
k-town wrote:
No one will ever be safe as long as we let law makers keep guns out of the hands of the every day person. These stupid a$$ gutter rats will always have guns, police will never be there to stop them from killing you. So the only ones to blame is ourselves for letting our freedoms fade away, sure everyone thought it was a good idea to give up there only means of protection because the police will protect us, has crime gotten any better? Do you think it ever will? Sure when we are a total police state and people give up the rest of our rights, that isnt far off now.
k-town

El Paso, TX

#21 Dec 13, 2007
ifudontlikeitLEAVE wrote:
Oh boy. Since when does the law state that you cant own a gun? Unless you are a felon, almost everybody can own a gun and use it to protect themselves and their families. You must be a bit of a thug if you think society should allow people to carry conceled weapons on the street. If your life is in such danger from being shot then maybe YOU should remove yourself from the situation and not add to street violence by shooting anyone who mean mugs you. Jeez!
<quoted text>
Okay i wasn't going to reply because i doubt you are intelligent enough to comprehend what i am about to write. The reason there is so much crime is because no one is allowed to protect themselves. We rely on a police force who will never be there to protect you. A thug? The only thugs out this way are the gang banging pansies who prey on the weak. They will always have guns as they don't care about the laws, we should take a lesson from them. I never said people cant have guns but what good does it do when it is in your home and you are walking though a parking lot to your car and you get robbed by some piece of gutter trash?

Bad guys will always have guns, they will always prey on the weak, it is time to even the score again. Ever heard of the Constitution? The Second Amendment was written to give us the right to bear arms, we are supposed to be the police force, the well regulated militia. This country has gone down the crapper since we surrendered that right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drew ryan maras (Jan '12) Apr 7 Anonymous 5
Vote White. Zion Mayoral Election this April 7th. (Mar '15) Apr 1 Wide awake 7
News Man fatally shot by federal agent in Zion Apr 1 Wide awake 1
News Libertyville cop was legally drunk (Aug '07) Mar 28 Kylepfree 20
Beware Mar '18 Donna 1
News Endorsement: Fairley for Democratic nomination ... Mar '18 Correct 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Lane Harrison as Mayor? (Feb '15) Feb '18 Eyes wide open 3

North Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

North Chicago Mortgages