A dream unrealized for African-Americ...

A dream unrealized for African-Americans in Chicago

There are 17 comments on the Chicago Reader story from Aug 21, 2013, titled A dream unrealized for African-Americans in Chicago. In it, Chicago Reader reports that:

"We have come to our nation's capital to cash a check," Martin Luther King Jr. told the rapt throng on the National Mall 50 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Reader.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Aug 21, 2013
and who's fault is that?

Blacks who study in school, set goals for them selves go to schools even local community colleges or enter some branch of the military for training education travel OPPORTUNITY do well in life.

The blacks who sit around do nothing achieve nothing in life.

Hey blacks you have had 60 years of affirmative action giving you a leg up, you have enjoyed the NAACP, congressional Black caucus, the urban league, black history month, welfare, food stamps, the black entertainment network, the new nose picking black panthers, America has been pandering to you for 60 years and you still don't get it.
you still don't take responsibility for your black rear ends.

LOOK AROUND YOUR LAZY BLACK REAR ENDS and your run down raggedy neighborhoods. No other race or ethnic group has enjoyed the pandering and advantages blacks have enjoyed.

Yet we don't see Lithuanians, Jews, polish Irish
or any other ethnic groups in America running around with guns killing their own people or shooting up the neighborhoods they live in the way blacks do. why is that???

at some point even the dumbest black moron on the planet or the white house or at 35th and south park in Chicago has to look in the mirror and ask where have we failed??

Some poor black man lost his daughter to BLACK GANG VIOLENCE and he was on TV Fox network whining about blacks not getting a fair shake in the stop and frisk plan.

This black moron doesn't understand black are doing the killing of blacks and to stop the killing of blacks police have to stop and frisk the blacks who carry guns and kill other blacks.

they can't and should not waste time frisking the Lithuanians, polish, Chinese, jews or any other groups because those other groups of peoples don't carry and shoot blacks, only blacks are dumb enough to kill blacks even babies.

So lets stop pandering to blacks end all that wasted affirmative action welfare crap cause its a fact this hasn't worked in the hood. it been a big waste of time and money cause some blacks are just too stupid to see the opportunities in America.

There are plenty of blacks in business, sports, government who have taken advantage of the opportunities America gave them but for the rest of you we have wasted enough already.

your on you own from now on. America has pandered too long wasted too much time money and effort on a peoples who just don't get it.

lets have affirmative action for Lithuanians and all the other ethnic groups we have ignored too long in America trying to baby sit blacks who just don't get it.

“Trump sanity-out of reach”

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#3 Aug 21, 2013
0h-__-R3411Y wrote:
I think it's hilarious that the blacks who insist they wallow in squalor "because of" whites,
are the very same ones who believes it "hurts" us to have one of,
.....lol, get this,......"THEM",
....in the White House.
Have many boxes of tissues have you used since Nov 2008 kid?(Kimberly Clarke) I hope
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#5 Aug 22, 2013
that's the problem with blacks in America.
they are always looking to blame some one else or something else for their failure to stand up for them selves.
Black need to look in the mirror and realize they have been voting for democrats for the past 60 years and has your quality of life improved in those 60 years???
For most of you the answer is no. but its no because you vote for one party which holds you slaves to welfare and does not give you opportunities to work and earn your way in the world like the rest of us do.
So you keep doing what you been doing for the past 60 years and keep getting what you have now which is a big fat nothing.
or vote for new people new parties that can change the way you live by giving you opportunities for jobs not welfare.
You could have had and should have had a walmart on the south side of Chicago which would have brought much needed shopping and jobs to the south side. plus when a walmart opens it is a magnet for other businesses to open near by which means more jobs and more opportunities in your neighborhood.
but the greedy unions which control Chicago did not want walmart which is a non union business in the city.
so the people of the south side loose shopping some job opportunities, and the city lost the tax revenue just because greedy unions control your neighborhood..
time to change that or just put up with substandard everything you enjoy now, but don't whine you don't have opportunities cause you do you just ignore what's possible. dummies

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 22, 2013
I'm white, and I think you are a bunch of racist a-holes.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#7 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
instead of calling me names can you point out any historical inaccuracies in my text?

Truth can be ugly but truth is better than the fantasy world blacks in Chicago live in.

Blacks are killing blacks. we have wasted trillions of dollars on welfare and other social fixing programs and all we have is more poverty.

so its clear throwing money at poverty and blacks isn't the answer.

what you tax you get less of what you subsidize you get more of.

now look around Chicago , Detroit and other cities in America and you see the results of 60 years living the liberal dream and ignoring that axiom from economics 101.
truth

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2013
give the blacks a sac of weed a few lines of meth and a white girl to screw,who knows how to work the "guvment" and some bullets for their gun, someone to kill to get gas money and they b happy...they dont want much.
No Spook Lover

Tampa, FL

#9 Aug 24, 2013
The coons are getting exactly what they want. March, protest, steal and murder. If you defend yourself and kill one or hopefully a dozen or two then they protest you don't have a right to do that.

Now Sharpton is organizing a march to Washington. Where did the coons get the money to go? From us of course and the welfare we pay out.

It's time to put these chimpanzees back in their cages. You can't even send them to Africa because real Africans don't want porch monkeys in their country.
No Spook Lover

Tampa, FL

#10 Aug 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Maybe you are white also known as white trash.
Blacks are Racist

San Diego, CA

#11 Aug 24, 2013
Black Americans are headed down the same road as the dodo bird! There are Nearly 3.5 Million Africans living in the United States with an average birth rate of 4.7 to the 1.2 Black Americans! The latter is killing itself off & aborting its self to extinction! The only thing that has been artificially stabilizing "African Americans" population has been "African Expats". Asians Americans are at 21 million & also growing above 3% annually...They are posed to overtake "African Americans" in about 25 years as the "African American" population is in a deep decline even faster then White Americans.... Hispanics are growing at a break neck speed gobbling up territories "traditionally black" 40 years from now the Majority of Blacks in this country will have direct links to Africa while the "African American" populations slumps to near non-existence! ;-) and yet they make enemies on their descent to the bottom!!! Totally recklessness & lunacy that only an African American would be capable of!

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12 Aug 24, 2013
ROFL whose fault is it for the recession in Europe?
Satan

Lewisville, TX

#13 Aug 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
If you are White, Hell...I am Red, White and Blue.
Anyone who is White never really needs to proclaim it.
Satan

Lewisville, TX

#14 Aug 24, 2013
I have always stated and always will state this:

Welfare was never intended for non-Whites.

Cut it off completely and boom, the entire 10 trillion yearly deficit is gone; in fact, there would be a surplus.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#15 Aug 24, 2013
Satan wrote:
I have always stated and always will state this:
Welfare was never intended for non-Whites.
Cut it off completely and boom, the entire 10 trillion yearly deficit is gone; in fact, there would be a surplus.
If welfare was cut off, you babbling white idiot, what would happen to the millions of poor whites that depend on it?

Get an education, our deficit is caused by white collar criminals most of which are white. Lets solve the problem at its source and not blame poor people you fool. Republicans love white fools like you who do not know who the real enemy is.
Blacks are Racist

San Diego, CA

#16 Aug 24, 2013
I see triplets wrote:
<quoted text>
If welfare was cut off, you babbling white idiot, what would happen to the millions of poor whites that depend on it?
Get an education, our deficit is caused by white collar criminals most of which are white. Lets solve the problem at its source and not blame poor people you fool. Republicans love white fools like you who do not know who the real enemy is.
I would imagine the other Whites would be compelled to help their brethren. Instead of gunning them down over a stupid color as you AA's are known to do in the 1,000's each year!
Satan

Lewisville, TX

#17 Aug 24, 2013
I see triplets wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read.

Cut off Welfare to All Non-Whites.
The Majority of Non-Whites do not pay taxes;
so why in The Hell should you guys get a dime?
Plus, Welfare was never intended for Non-Whites.

Blacks are a parasite to any area they inhabit.
true

United States

#18 Aug 24, 2013
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read.
Cut off Welfare to All Non-Whites.
The Majority of Non-Whites do not pay taxes;
so why in The Hell should you guys get a dime?
Plus, Welfare was never intended for Non-Whites.
Blacks are a parasite to any area they inhabit.
thats a fact look at all the cities that are heavily populated with blacks... the facts speak for themself. once they start moving in the property value declines. until you have nothing but detroits and chicagos......
Lets help them

Tampa, FL

#21 Aug 25, 2013
true wrote:
<quoted text> thats a fact look at all the cities that are heavily populated with blacks... the facts speak for themself. once they start moving in the property value declines. until you have nothing but detroits and chicagos......
This is due to that liberal piece of crap Johnson and his wife Lady Bird Shit. They are the ones who forced people to live together who didn't want to live with one another. He is also the one who brought in this BS human rights crap to try and put doen nations like China and now we are stuck with it and cannot control the crime committed by the spooks.

We have a justice department that gives no justice, only terrorism to the innocent if a coon squeals. They need to be put down like the dirty rabid dogs that they are. America is disintegrating. Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev said it some years ago. Paraphrasing he said that America would destroy itself from within. He was right.

It is time to put the anti-gunners, the so called justice department and the coons down like the dirty dogs that they are before we are all in prison or dead and do completely away with these so called human rights laws that are for the spear chuckers only.

Even if we had to bring back a modified form of the Nazis it would be better than all this crime and in justice. Your town will be spook town soon. You can't run and you can't hide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antioch OKs $250K grant to fill vacant departme... 8 hr Cookie Lover 2
News Waukegan school guards accused of felony theft (Jan '08) Aug 16 Escobar Season 49
Zion pizza hut Aug 14 Hugh Girrod 3
News Park City fires police chief, cites lost funds (Feb '06) Aug 9 cjb383 11
News An African-American female police officer on wh... Aug 7 History 5
News James Herber, Banker and Veteran, Dies (Jun '13) Jul '17 Swaite 2
Granite city rocks Jul '17 Liss 2

North Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Chicago Mortgages