Antioch teen charged in fatal street racing crash remains free on $100,000 bond

Jul 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Herald

Despite a second attempt to increase bond, it will remain the same for a 17-year-old Antioch Township boy charged with aggravated DUI in the death of a teenage girl during a street race in Gurnee last month.

Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#21 Jul 24, 2013
antioch smh wrote:
I don't have children going to any area high school. I'm grateful I don't. I would certainly not send them to Antioch if I did...as the other poster said..bury your head in the sand.
So you are basically spouting off your opinion with no basis, background or experience to back it up, other than something you read in the paper, and the facebook pages of a small group of kids with substance abuse issues.

Thanks for sharing. Now I'm the one shaking my head.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22 Jul 24, 2013
antioch smh wrote:
I don't have children going to any area high school. I'm grateful I don't. I would certainly not send them to Antioch if I did...as the other poster said..bury your head in the sand.
As someone who works with addicts I can assure you that Grant High School and Lakes HS has as much of a drug problem if not more than Antioch.

I don't see how anyone else posting on here is burying their head in the sand except you.

Ask anyone in law enforcement, school counselors or concerned parents. The drug problem is no different in Antioch than in any other surrounding community. I would have to agree with the other poster who said the only problem is parents like you who think it's only a problem in some other town or some other school, or unfortunately, someone else's home.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Jul 25, 2013
This may explain the higher bond and why Mr. Dawson is still in jail. He was already on probation for a battery incident...

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130725/n...
Never going to jail

Zion, IL

#24 Jul 27, 2013
Give it up douchebags. Nothing is going to happen to me. Bitch and moan all you want. I'm free. Besides, I'm moving to Florida this week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min BoDidHe 49,477
Judge jay ukena (Mar '13) 13 hr Duck Hook 139
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 14 hr newpoly 1,903
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) Thu The-one-who-was-t... 4
Slain 5-month-old Zion boy recalled at prayer v... Aug 26 John Wilson 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
The word "Stanky," Aug 21 Colon Burns 5
•••
•••
North Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

North Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••