It's time for Lane Harrison to step d...

It's time for Lane Harrison to step down as Zion's Mayor

Posted in the North Chicago Forum

Darrell Brooks

Gurnee, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2010
We need a new Mayor this is all his fault. He has failed the beautiful city of Zion and has deceived the public with back door deals. It is time for a change. Just because Lane Harrison can sing and can shmooze past public officials to get into power doesn't make him a good leader. There is too much corruption going on and he slanders the private citizens behind their backs. For too long Lane Harrison has voted against the publics interest and pretends to be a "Christian" before others to get their vote. All the area Aldermen do not trust him any longer.
Overtaxed Zion Resident

Zion, IL

#2 Jul 15, 2010
I agree whole heartedly. He does little with the exception of sucking tax dollars into his fold. he recently cut the NEXT mayor's pay by half, but not his own pay. he was smart because residents heard he cut the mayors salary so they thought he meant his salary, but he forgot to tell everyone this takes effect AFTER his current term, NOT WHILE HE IS IN OFFICE.
P.S. Why are the community service officers allowed to haul their family bicycles around for repair in a CITY VEHICLE during working hours? Is this another abuse of taxpayer dollar?
I'm calling the government watchdog group, i have pages and pages for them to peruse as well as lots o' pictures and voice recordings.
shantal

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2011
whats abut all the good things hes done
gain

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2012
shantal wrote:
whats abut all the good things hes done
For him self. Not in the in of interest public.

It's obvious in the Suntimes Paper.
Armitage

Gurnee, IL

#5 Mar 23, 2013
I am trying to gather votes for mayor of zion. It is time for Lane Harrison to be removed. I will do every thing I can to fix the town of zion.
If I have your support like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andrew-Armitag...
Lane

Zion, IL

#6 Apr 2, 2013
I'm tired of you people slamming me, how come none of you punks will run against me? Because you'd get whipped!
MKZ

Zion, IL

#7 Apr 12, 2013
He's actually right...glad to hear him weigh in!
big toe

Zion, IL

#8 May 7, 2013
Cheri Neal or Shantal Taylor for Mayor!
Ratliff

Lake Forest, IL

#9 May 15, 2013
I only got a few votes when I ran but I should be mayor. I'm the watchdog you know. I used to have a job so I'm qualified. Forget that I'm racist however, I bused to call myself White Power Dave but no one knows that. I also want all Hispanics deported so the white man can run this. I was dumb enough to say that on the radio, but please forget it at least I'm not Kenyan.

Since: Dec 10

Zion, IL.

#10 May 16, 2013
You people have such balls of steal, using fake names over the internet!

As for "White Power Dave", please know your history if you're going to post about me. I was "All American Dave", and it was a radio bit. Lenny Palmer changed it to White power Dave, then eventually to Dictator Dave. Again, radio bit, and I had no control over my "radio" name, it's radio! Obviously they did something right at WKRS, because after 7 years, you're still talking about it! lol
MKZ

Zion, IL

#11 May 17, 2013
Balls of steal...you mean "steel". hard to tell fakes from real folks on this but it sure entertains me to check this site out. or maybe above is a confession by someone proud to be a nut job!
Red Bay

Lake Forest, IL

#12 May 18, 2013
No Z I think it is a confession. No control, please if they defaced someones character you would sue. If you like the given moniker then you allow it...too bad in the future it costs you. I hope we've seen the last of the lap dog, I mean Watchdog.
Chewy

Zion, IL

#13 May 22, 2013
I assume we'll get a new mayor next cycle, the only think I'm sure of is that won't be anyone named Lane and won't be one of those racist that have been running. you see how poorly they've done in elections the word is out. It also won't be a female Taylor. lets hope its someone we can be proud of whose in it for the right reasons.
a still small voice

Glenview Nas, IL

#14 May 30, 2013
A new mayor is possible but not the issue...being accountable is! Mr. Mayor, you've been brave and taken Zion for the most part in new directions. However Zion's real heatbeat is in its youth...always has been! Zion would benefit mostly by offering new innovative programs to spawn excellence in academics, health and career paths (hint...Michelle Obama is on the right path). Zion will not grow if the young people have nothing to come home too.

Oh by the way, I think you have the makings of a good mayor...you just need to be surrounded by young or pioneering minds instead of alot of yester-year folks, good people but its time sit down.(develop a task group to come up with fresh ideas.)PEACE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) Sep 18 DiLeos D 220
News Mundelein High School coach fired following sex... Sep 17 uchrisbrown 1
Most public places you have masturbated? (May '13) Sep 16 lexie 10
What does orientation mean when you bond out of... Sep 13 les groper 2
red light special (Dec '16) Sep 7 thomas real one 2
What's up with J Maycheck, Sargent, 82 airborne? Sep 7 Slow 1
What ever happened to Matt Thompson & Fast Eddie? Sep 7 Slow 1

North Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Chicago Mortgages