Hainesville sheds 'speed trap' tag

Hainesville sheds 'speed trap' tag

There are 125 comments on the News Sun story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Hainesville sheds 'speed trap' tag. In it, News Sun reports that:

“We're all very anxious to get things going”

A speed trap no longer. That's one of the messages the village's new police chief preached Wednesday, a day after being named the top cop of Hainesville's new police department. via News Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
KGG

AOL

#1 Jun 7, 2008
Does anyone know why there are two police in a car; do we have some kind of srime in the town that we don't know about? Or is it because when one gets car sick from doing circles around the block the other one takes over - every other town a lot bigger than this has one in a car. Can't wait to see this budget for police that they will come up with ........
bewildered

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2008
I dunno....ask the mayor, he will probably say the same!
KGG

AOL

#3 Jun 9, 2008
he will just say I am looking into it and there is never an answer -
tired of lies

Waukegan, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2008
KGG - I couldn't agree with you more!! I'm so glad everyone else gets the same response from the mayor when asking a question.... I thought he just did it to me.
Andy and Barney

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 9, 2008
KGG wrote:
Does anyone know why there are two police in a car; do we have some kind of srime in the town that we don't know about? Or is it because when one gets car sick from doing circles around the block the other one takes over - every other town a lot bigger than this has one in a car. Can't wait to see this budget for police that they will come up with ........
Everytime we see a Hainesville squad car, it only has one officer in it! And what the heck is "srime"? How many fingers am I holding up right now? Hmmmmmmm....sounds like somebody has been dipping into Otis's moonshine! "Srime", seeing more than one officer in a squad. Tsk, tsk!
bewildered

San Jose, CA

#6 Jun 9, 2008
Andy and Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime we see a Hainesville squad car, it only has one officer in it! And what the heck is "srime"? How many fingers am I holding up right now? Hmmmmmmm....sounds like somebody has been dipping into Otis's moonshine! "Srime", seeing more than one officer in a squad. Tsk, tsk!
Actually, almost every time I have seen the squads in town, including the time before they actually went "live" and started playing real police officers, there has been two persons in the squad. And no, the second person was not in the back seat! Give KGG a break, have you ever heard of typos before? mr/mrs perfect?
Andy and Barney

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 9, 2008
bewildered wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, almost every time I have seen the squads in town, including the time before they actually went "live" and started playing real police officers, there has been two persons in the squad. And no, the second person was not in the back seat! Give KGG a break, have you ever heard of typos before? mr/mrs perfect?
Why sure we will give KGG a typo break. The police officers aren't "playing real police officers", they ARE and WERE "real" officers before they joined the Hainesville force. So, since we gave KGG a break at your request, please consider doing the same in the "respect dept." for the Hainesville Police Officers. Only one officer per car...head to Lens Crafters so you can see clearly next time you spot a HPD car...I think there's a coupon in Sunday's paper.
VP Gore

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 9, 2008
KGG wrote:
he will just say I am looking into it and there is never an answer -
Oh bother...you sound like Winnie the Pooh! Cheer up!
KGG

AOL

#9 Jun 9, 2008
thanks for the eye ball check, they are good, I have seen two and so have other people - but nice comment -
Heres a thought

Evanston, IL

#10 Jun 10, 2008
KGG wrote:
Lets see new department,new officers to the town .Maybe they are learning the streets and any other info from an officer who knows about that. DO YOU THINK? Doubt it.
LOL

San Jose, CA

#11 Jun 10, 2008
Heres a thought wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see new department,new officers to the town .Maybe they are learning the streets and any other info from an officer who knows about that. DO YOU THINK? Doubt it.
C'mon now, theres only like 4 streets in Hainesville, how long does it take to learn the streets!!! Ha!!
Heres a thought

Evanston, IL

#12 Jun 10, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon now, theres only like 4 streets in Hainesville, how long does it take to learn the streets!!! Ha!!
I hope you are not as stupid as that statement is.
Andy and Barney

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 10, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you want to be....Gomer or Goober?
LOL

San Jose, CA

#14 Jun 10, 2008
Gomer, he has enjoyed much more success over his lifetime. Thanks
such a busy town

Mchenry, IL

#15 Jun 11, 2008
the officer are good, its just a shame that they have to have two officer on duty in a one horse town. gee our crime spree must have really gone up since the Sheriff office moved out..
such a busy town

Mchenry, IL

#16 Jun 11, 2008
speaking of the sheriff office, i wonder if anyone really thanked them ALL for doing such a good job, what a great group of professional people they have working there!
sba

Franklin Park, IL

#17 Jun 12, 2008
such a busy town wrote:
speaking of the sheriff office, i wonder if anyone really thanked them ALL for doing such a good job, what a great group of professional people they have working there!
After they read a post here they said they were going to, I know many residents have. They should get their butt up there and thank them, and give them a certificate - they are professional, team players, and have all their ducks in a row....
VP Gore

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 12, 2008
Such a busy town and sba - sounds like you have a personal relationship with the Sheriff's Dept. Do you work there?

They did do a good job, and so does the HPD!
Andy and Barney

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 12, 2008
such a busy town wrote:
the officer are good, its just a shame that they have to have two officer on duty in a one horse town. gee our crime spree must have really gone up since the Sheriff office moved out..
Crime down since HPD....besides, HPD is better trained than Sheriff Dept.
VP Gore

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 12, 2008
Andy and Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime down since HPD....besides, HPD is better trained than Sheriff Dept.
All have been trained extensively...PD may have more "specialization".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Undocumented Mexicans Beware 14 hr rofl 2
Best Gym in Gurnee 14 hr ohhello 2
News The fearful daily life of an undocumented immig... Wed Trump 4 Clinton 0 39
Red Light of Hillary has passed Nov 26 TeddyRoosevelt 1
Donald Trump will make Hitler look like a Boy ... Nov 19 Shwibeki 1
Don't open your doors for Black trick or treaters! (Oct '15) Nov 13 Ryan Filcher Miller 15
Why I'm voting for Gary Johnson Nov 7 John TM 2

North Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Chicago Mortgages