Looking for Good Area surrounding Nor...

Looking for Good Area surrounding North Charleston

Posted in the North Charleston Forum

Potential New Resident

Bluefield, WV

#1 Sep 22, 2012
I am considering moving to the North Charleston area and would like to get some advice on surrounding areas. I would be working near the Boeing Company and wouldn't mind commuting 45 mins to and from the area. I dont like congested areas and prefer a more small town feel. My family is easy going and friendly, we would like to find an area where we could possibly ride atv's or have access to hunting and fishing. A good school is a must in our consideration. I guess you could say we are looking for a family friendly kind of place. Since this is our first time moving away from our home state, we plan to rent for the first year before settleing down somewhere permently. So if anyone has some advise of a friendly, safe, family type community we would love your input.
Mountaineer fan

Charleston, SC

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Wescott is a great neighborhood with great schools.... walking/biking trails. Stay in the Dorchester 2 school district. Knightsville/Jedburg is also nice and a little more country. Also Dorchester 2 schools. As far as outdoors stuff.... lakes, state parks are a short drive away. Most hunting is done with permission on private land. Give us a holler when you get here.... come on over and catch a WVU game with us.
Mountaineer fan

Charleston, SC

#3 Sep 22, 2012
http://accesssummerville.com/ hope this helps. We have lived here for 7 years and love it....
Potential New Resident

Bluefield, WV

#4 Sep 23, 2012
Well Howdy there, goodness its good to know there are fellow Mountaineers in the area, I will google those areas and look into it and sure will take ya up on the offer, we dont know anyone down there yet but happy to make new friends. I just saw that link Im gonna check it out now thanks a bushel.
Potential New Resident

Welch, WV

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Oh and just wondering?...How close is this area from the beach? And what about those tropical storms, we had thouht about Alabama because my parents moved to Birmingham, but after two F5's within a 15yr period I dont really wanna go there. I know ya'll get tornadoes but how about hurricanes? Are they bad in that area?
mountaineer fan

Charleston, SC

#6 Sep 23, 2012
In seven years I havent seen much as far as big storms are concerned. Most cant compare to some that I have seen blow thru back home. And NO blizzards!!! Warning... we do have an earthquake now and then but I have never felt it or knew it was going on until I saw it on the evening news. The beaches are very close... 15-25 miles or so down I26... Isle of Palms, Folly, Sullivans Island... all great beaches for families. Not crowed and touristy like Myrtle - which is just 2 hours away up 17. Savannah is 2 hours south. Several big rivers come too... Ashley, Wando, Edisto, Cooper.... We camp, fish and kayak. You can can explore cool and shaded blackwater swamps, rivers and historic rice plantations. See eagles nests, wetland wildflowers. Wildlife includes the shy and elusive alligator, turtles, wetland wading birds, woodpeckers and river otters! Or Head to the beach and watch the dolphins at sunset at Shem Creek. If you miss the mountains... head upstate for some great hiking/camping and beautiful waterfalls..... here is a link to some http://www.sctrails.net/Trails/ALLTRAILS/wate...
mountaineer fan

Charleston, SC

#7 Sep 23, 2012
http://dorchester.schoolfusion.us/modules/cms... This is our school district web page so you can look at our schools. There is a section where you can see what school your children will attend according to what subdivision you live in. This may help you in chosing where to rent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black power & white slavery 22 min BLACK POWA 1
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 39 min Die Hippie Scum 414
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church 41 min barefoot2626 362
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 42 min Die Hippie Scum 375
News The Confederate flag was always racist 2 hr KIP 13
News Activist takes down Confederate flag outside So... 4 hr LeDuped 56
Charleston's stinky black Nigguhrs. 5 hr Nigfuxated 1
More from around the web

North Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

North Charleston Mortgages