Officer Charged With Colleague's Deat...

Officer Charged With Colleague's Death In Crash

There are 34 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Officer Charged With Colleague's Death In Crash. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

A North Brunswick police lieutenant has been charged with vehicular homicide in the death of a fellow officer following a high-speed car crash last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 5, 2008
He deserves the max and then 10 more years. Give them a badge and a gun and the violate every law possible. Make this an example for future above the law cops!
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#3 Sep 5, 2008
"Zerby was a 15-year veteran of the force and in charge of the North Brunswick police's traffic safety division."

Talk about irony! What the he11 was the driver thinking?? And he's a cop that I hope will be taken off the streets permanently!
bgc

United States

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Bob wrote:
He deserves the max and then 10 more years. Give them a badge and a gun and the violate every law possible. Make this an example for future above the law cops!
That's quite a leap. Of course he should be held accountable, as should anyone else. But to make a statment as if ALL cops believe they are above the law, that's crazy and short sighted.
WellWellWell08

Horsham, PA

#5 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
Get a grip cop hater!! It was an accident.
yeah.....A 94 MPH accident.
JPS

Princeton Junction, NJ

#6 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
94 in a 45 is NOT an accident.
Period.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Sep 5, 2008
WellWellWell08 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah.....A 94 MPH accident.
The thought process of some peoples children never ceases to amaze does it lol ?
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure it was NOT intentional either!! Period.
Just because he was speeding does not mean he was intending to kill his friend. Imbecile.
Psssssssst !! Here is a clue for the clueless. Where is anyone posting it was a suicide mission ??

Furthermore. It was a car accident. Doing 94 in a 45 is no accident. I don't think his speedometer was broken in a Viper. ;) Just a careless dude showing off to his buddy. That's on purpose, not an accident. Jeeeeeeeeeeez
daughter of nb cop

Selden, NY

#11 Sep 5, 2008
Would everybody stop with the mean comments already? It's bad enough that my dads police departmenr lost a good police officer. Now Lt.Buckleys going to have to live with that for the rest of his life. FYI they were on their lunch breaks you idiots.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 5, 2008
daughter of nb cop wrote:
Would everybody stop with the mean comments already? It's bad enough that my dads police departmenr lost a good police officer. Now Lt.Buckleys going to have to live with that for the rest of his life. FYI they were on their lunch breaks you idiots.
Ohhhhhhhhhh so they were in uniform ? On duty breaking the law then ??? Hmmmmmmmm very interesting and we're the idiots ?? LOLOLOLOL

Since: Aug 08

Kennett Square

#13 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure it was NOT intentional either!! Period.
Just because he was speeding does not mean he was intending to kill his friend. Imbecile.
Hence the vehicular homicide charge, not murder.

Since: Jul 08

West Chester PA

#14 Sep 5, 2008
It was not a car accident since the word accident means no one was at fault. In this case someone was obviously at fault
annoyed nb resident

Selden, NY

#16 Sep 5, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhhhhhh so they were in uniform ? On duty breaking the law then ??? Hmmmmmmmm very interesting and we're the idiots ?? LOLOLOLOL
Yeah. I guess you don't know what really happened.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 5, 2008
annoyed nb resident wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah. I guess you don't know what really happened.
Ummmmm the daughter of somebody posted they were on lunch and the article itself said they were speeding so yeah, I know enough. ;)
ATP

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
if it was an accident why is he being charged...
Befuddled

Malvern, PA

#19 Sep 5, 2008
Brian Griffin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Bonnie is pretty much a heartless woman. She just prefers to chastise others rather than working on all the borken parts of her life. Godo going Bonnie! Have you any limits??
"Godo going". Is that a new phrase??
Had2beawhiteguy

United States

#21 Sep 5, 2008
The seem to have left out the part where the cop was drinking..wha cop doesnt drink and drive? Or...maybe he dropped the donut in the passengers lap and went for it? Either way he should be in jail. I bet they cut the other cops family a FAT check. Wonder if the noodles on this site will cry foul when they cut that check? Too bad there were survivors.
daughter of a nb cop

Selden, NY

#22 Sep 5, 2008
Lt.Buckley pleaded not guilty.
Kid

Olympia, WA

#23 Sep 6, 2008
I feel he should get the ten yrs plus because he was a cop
and knew better.
Phil_E_Drifter

Clark, NJ

#24 Sep 6, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
The thought process of some peoples children never ceases to amaze does it lol ?
Well you know, he IS a cop, they of all people should not be so arrogant as to go MORE THAN DOUBLE the posted speed limit. I can understand doing 50 in a 45, even doing 55; but at 94 mph you do not have enough time to properly react to things on the horizo...oh, we just missed it.

And in a RENTED Viper no less.
Phil_E_Drifter

Clark, NJ

#25 Sep 6, 2008
ATP wrote:
<quoted text>
if it was an accident why is he being charged...
Because you're responsible if you get someone killed, even if it's 'accidentally,' because it was due to your negligence that the person died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Gay/Bi Teens In Central NJ or Anywhere in NJ?? (Aug '14) Apr 17 Tall guy 194
What is the DEAL With Verizon FIOS? When will t... (Apr '09) Apr 15 FED UP WITH COMCAST 29
Any Bisexual/Gay Teens Near South River NJ? (Nov '16) Apr 6 HELPING Hand 8
News Adorna-Quabeck Engagement (Sep '08) Apr 2 HELPING 3
Zarephath Christian Church (Sep '13) Mar 29 NWaff 44
News Swastikas to be sandblasted near Johnson Park (Jan '12) Mar '18 recompense 3
Gay Teens Jersey Shore Area meetup/hookup Mar '18 BrickNj 1

North Brunswick Jobs

Personal Finance

North Brunswick Mortgages