“corpuschristiout reachministrie”

Since: Aug 10

north bergen

#1 Aug 15, 2010
[1510] corpuschristioutreachministrie s THE MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO- The great reformer, Martin Luther, said that if we teach and preach about Jesus and the bible, yet overlook the issues of controversy that rage at the time; then we are not faithfully preaching Christ. Over the last 6 months or so a controversy has arisen over an Islamic center that is to be built close to the area where the world trade towers went down. As I have listened to the debate [thru talk radio, the main stream and cable news] I have tried to keep an open mind. As I heard a few snippets of audio from the Imam [leader] of the future mosque, I began to wonder whether we were getting the whole story. As of today let me share my view; it seems as if many well meaning people have been told that the first building to be rebuilt after the 2001 attacks is going to be this mosque. Many believe that this building will be a sort of huge Muslim statement that will overlook the entire area and be saying ‘look, we [radical Islam] have conquered’. First of all, the site in question is actually a couple of blocks away from the actual site where the towers went down; though the community center/mosque will be 13 stories high, yet this is really not big compared to the other buildings in the area. The Muslim community actually purchased the property before 9-11 happened, and the Imam is considered to be one of the moderate voices coming from the Islamic community. All in all, it’s not really a ‘stick it in your face’ type statement that the Muslims are trying to make. Number 2- is it unreasonable for people to ask ‘hey, even though you have the right to build the mosque, as a courtesy to the victims who perished at the site, build it somewhere else’. No, this is an honest concern that good people do have- I think it’s not too much to ask the Muslim community to consider moving the location. The governor, David Patterson, kindly offered them free state land if they wanted to move it to another spot. Most of all, I think it does more harm than good to label this Imam as a radical Islamist, all the facts seem to say otherwise. Has he made statements that honest people have problems with? Yes. But overall he is not one of the more extreme type leaders of Islam. I realize that at this time this stand is very unpopular, and it’s too easy to simply jump on the bandwagon and condemn this man, but we want to do our best at being honest about these types of situations. I grew up very close to this area, right across the Hudson river on the Jersey side- there are many Muslims, Christians, Jews and other faiths that make up the melting pot of the area; if we begin singling out the moderate voices, and targeting them as radicals, when they are not, then this will do harm than good in the long run. As believers we should stand strong for our belief that Jesus is the answer, yes even for the Muslim/Arab community, Jesus is the answer. Yet at the same time it does no good to purposefully alienate the more moderate branch of Islam.
Foolish People

AOL

#2 Aug 16, 2010
"The Muslim community actually purchased the property before 9-11 happened, and the Imam is considered to be one of the moderate voices coming from the Islamic community."

They started purchasing properties before 9-11? I don't doubt for a minute they did so with the knowledge of what was to come on that day.
Moderate voice you say? And you believe this because he tells us so?
~lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."~
~Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers in order to defeat them.~
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-t...
~within Islam there are certain provisions under which lying is not simply tolerated, but actually encouraged~
http://www.islamreview.com/articles/lying.sht... ~
Islam Permits Lying to Deceive Unbelievers and Bring World Domination!~
http://www.muslimfact.com/bm/terror-in-the-na...
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#3 Aug 17, 2010
none of these smelly people should be abe to build on the towers site send all those doon coons home.
Foolish People

AOL

#4 Aug 18, 2010
OK, KKK, no doubt you are actually pro-mosque and just trying to confirm some people's beliefs that anyone anti-mosque MUST be an ignorant racists. Which in fact confirms my belief that you're a moron.
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#5 Aug 19, 2010
Foolish People wrote:
OK, KKK, no doubt you are actually pro-mosque and just trying to confirm some people's beliefs that anyone anti-mosque MUST be an ignorant racists. Which in fact confirms my belief that you're a moron.
and you are a hude dick.
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#6 Aug 19, 2010
Foolish People wrote:
OK, KKK, no doubt you are actually pro-mosque and just trying to confirm some people's beliefs that anyone anti-mosque MUST be an ignorant racists. Which in fact confirms my belief that you're a moron.
i meant huge
control alt delete

AOL

#7 Aug 21, 2010
KKK, YOU are worse than a huge dick. You're a liberal
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#8 Aug 21, 2010
control alt delete wrote:
KKK, YOU are worse than a huge dick. You're a liberal
stop sleeping with your mother loser get a woman your own age and no not the rubber one under your bed.
control alt delete

AOL

#9 Aug 22, 2010
OMG, you are so clever! You must be a government worker or on welfare.
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#10 Aug 22, 2010
control alt delete wrote:
OMG, you are so clever! You must be a government worker or on welfare.
upset dicked? or did i strike a nerve.
DeerHunter

Yonkers, NY

#11 Aug 22, 2010
OK, KKK, no doubt you are actually pro-mosque and just trying to confirm some people's beliefs that anyone anti-mosque MUST be an ignorant racists. Which in fact confirms my belief that you're a moron.
kkk

Plainsboro, NJ

#12 Aug 23, 2010
DeerHunter wrote:
OK, KKK, no doubt you are actually pro-mosque and just trying to confirm some people's beliefs that anyone anti-mosque MUST be an ignorant racists. Which in fact confirms my belief that you're a moron.
and your a filthy beaner
towel head

North Arlington, NJ

#13 Aug 24, 2010
i see somebody got called a liberal.
why is it that every time somebody posts a comment against the grain some off topic fanatical idiot calls them a liberal? As if that has something to do with it.
john

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Aug 24, 2010
we really need to tone down the rhetoric, there are good people [and bad!] on both sides of these issues. www.corpuschristioutreachministries.blogspot....
Mc Combe

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Aug 25, 2010
Before complaining about a Mosque two blocks away, we should stop building a commercial skyscraper directly on the grave.
allah is gay

Plainsboro, NJ

#17 Aug 30, 2010
your religion stinks i would worship a bag of shit before i praised allah the homo
yeah right

AOL

#18 Mar 20, 2011
allah is lower then dog shit......maggot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Bergen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Garden State Animal Hospital - Kimberle... (Apr '10) Nov 24 Ansa 15
Collection for multiple families that lost ever... Nov 22 Rev-Ada 1
plague my mind Nov 19 joey diaz 1
New Jersey's high property taxes are fault of f... Nov 19 USS LIBERTY 3
Developments Give New Life on Waterfront Nov 13 robin2430 1
Paul Brown Nov 12 djc55 1
Review: Tirado Jason C DC Nov 9 Anonymous 1

North Bergen News Video

North Bergen Dating
Find my Match

North Bergen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Bergen News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Bergen

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 pm PST