Letters: Campion, Kinney, Reynolds, Miller

There are 17 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Letters: Campion, Kinney, Reynolds, Miller. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

As I read the letter "Talking taxes" that was written by Rep. Alice Miller on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#1 Oct 29, 2010
Glastenbury,might as well face it it you are small, tiny , in Alice's mind. It other words as far as she is concerned you do not count and can be run over by her and her "committee" without looking back.
Such a great Rep we have in the Shaftsbury/Glastenbury area. Actually if you look at Sahftsbury with out the rose colored glasses you can see where our dear old Alice has really given us the Shaft.

Time for Alice to go, time to start over.
Greene

Holyoke, MA

#2 Oct 29, 2010
Where do you get your info Hawkeye? Not even close.
Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#3 Nov 1, 2010
Really? Now where have I heard that before? HUH!
Hi Kimmy, have a nice day.
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#4 Nov 1, 2010
If she's so great, senority, blah, blah, blah and all....how come she wasn't strong enough for Glastenbury to keep it's money. The state took it.

"All the girls love Alice, tender young Alice they'd say

come over and see me, come over and tease me"...

Oh I digress......
JJYoung

Holyoke, MA

#5 Nov 2, 2010
GrnMtnBoy you know why but you just won't admit to the truth of it because then it would mean that you would have to side with her and you would never admit that.
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#6 Nov 2, 2010
Admit to what? The truth? I've been giving truthful facts. Look at her voting record. Look at how a town ACTUALLY gets funds/grants from the state. THEN you'll realize who should be on who's side.
JJYoung

Holyoke, MA

#7 Nov 2, 2010
You harped on the one point that was the weakest argument for voting against her and you lost!
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#8 Nov 3, 2010
I didn't lose, the people lost.

Another 2 years of status quo in Montpelier. Another 2 years of Shaftsbury being a joke in the state house. Another 2 years of Alice BSing her way through. She is ineffective. I know it and she knows it.....wait, nope, sorry, she doesn't have a grasp on reality.

Example: she was a selectman. The selectboard comes up with a town budget. Taxes are raised through a percentage of property value. Same with school boards coming up with their budget, some of which are state and federal mandates. This summer is pissed and moaned to the Listers about her increase in property taxes! Now a person who was a selectboard member and a state representative should know that the listers don't set budgets or the tax rate. And what is she doing now???? Putting an addition onto her house. Do you think her taxes are going to go down? Will Alice? Probably.

Side with her? I wouldn't lower myself.
Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#9 Nov 3, 2010
OK! Dear Alice is to continue. The next two years will be interesting. She has a lot live up to. She didn't win by much, hope she was paying attention.
If we don't see a move in a more postive direction, more jobs, lower taxes etc., she will have a lot to answer for. For now we will watch.
JJYoung

Holyoke, MA

#10 Nov 3, 2010
Hawkeye wants people to work against her and prays she fails. You didn't get your wish with her this time and won't in the next election either.
Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#11 Nov 3, 2010
JJYoung wrote:
Hawkeye wants people to work against her and prays she fails. You didn't get your wish with her this time and won't in the next election either.
I don't want people to work against her. I don't "pray she fails"-if she does we all fail. That is a silly thing to say. For a Business man you sure have an odd manner about you. The next two years will be interesting. If we move forward, she will have no trouble getting re-elected will she? If Vermont does not move forward then it may be a different story. All those that were elected state wide and nation wide (I don't care what party they belong to) are more than ever going to have to live up to their promises. For now we watch.
JJYoung

Holyoke, MA

#12 Nov 3, 2010
Business man? I don't know who you think I am but I have been retired for years. Are we talking about Vermont or her district? She isn't the governor you know. Take some time to worry about yourself and leave politics to the professionals like Alice. You abviously don't have a clue or do and just didn't want her in the way of your own political agenda.
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#13 Nov 3, 2010
She's dumber than a post. She learned nothing. She's always a day late and a dollar short. Status quo. Nothing will change.

Here's a challenge. Look up the number of bills she has authored.
iaintstupit

Holyoke, MA

#14 Nov 3, 2010
In 2009-2010 Miller was the primary sponsor of 3 bills and a cosponsor on 19 bills, 2 of which H. 408 (ACT 0087) and H. 598 (ACT 0070) were signed by the governor in 2010. Sounds like she was pretty busy to me. You republican hacks never give up do you?
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#15 Nov 5, 2010
Sponser, not author = not her idea, someone else's
Cncerned

Manchester Center, VT

#16 Nov 5, 2010
iaintstupit wrote:
In 2009-2010 Miller was the primary sponsor of 3 bills and a cosponsor on 19 bills, 2 of which H. 408 (ACT 0087) and H. 598 (ACT 0070) were signed by the governor in 2010. Sounds like she was pretty busy to me. You republican hacks never give up do you?
She just does as she is told and in return she gets on a committee and is bale to bring a few drops to her town and kepe them happy-she is a lacky.
GrnMtnBoy

Watseka, IL

#17 Nov 5, 2010
Her girlfriend got her on the good committees. She didn't earn them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Bennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frustrated (Nov '13) 11 hr UAWASSHOLEmarkey 77
colette draeger May 2 RANSOM PRIDE 1
Help Wanted-Sistums Enjunear (Jan '14) May 1 BufurdTPuszey 75
Poll What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) May 1 BufurdTPuszey 297
News Man accused of selling pills (Aug '08) May 1 BufurdTPuszey 10
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) May 1 BufurdTPuszey 232
News Bennington College president says town lacks di... May 1 BufurdTPuszey 1
More from around the web

North Bennington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]