A school battle in North Bennington

Full story: WCAX-TV Burlington

The North Bennington Graded School is small and enrollment in elementary school is stagnant.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

Since: Jan 09

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Elmers Offshore Services wrote:
"And North Bennington's situation is common to other communities in Vermont. To cut costs, the state board of education endorses consolidation of small schools into neighboring districts."
To cut costs? How about to take away local control so the teachers union can maintain their power structure?
"?? CUT COST??" This is a goverment joke. When it was said a Mount Anthony Union High School would cut the "COST" per student. then when asked what about "COST OF BUSSING" which would make the average total even more per student it was said something like bussing cost don't count as this is seperate expense and not part of running the school. Don't forget the Ultra/Liberal/Democrat power structure indoctrination of students.

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text> "?? CUT COST??" This is a goverment joke. When it was said a Mount Anthony Union High School would cut the "COST" per student. then when asked what about "COST OF BUSSING" which would make the average total even more per student it was said something like bussing cost don't count as this is seperate expense and not part of running the school. Don't forget the Ultra/Liberal/Democrat power structure indoctrination of students.
Okay numb nuts, lets edgimakate you on this ever so difficult
issue....
The "Cost Per Student" criteria which they use everywhere in this
god forsaken country, isn't the best when being explained to the
mentally challenged, such as yourself.....

EXAMPLE: The yearly cost for a household of 4 is $10,000 or
$2500 each.... If 2 of the people move out that DOESN'T MEAN
the yearly cost are reduced to $5000.... It means the remaining 2 now cost $5000 each....

When that school was built it was very cost effective and from what I have read, it still is..... The fcking problem lies in the hands of these people who all want a Elementary School and Middle School 2 blocks away from their front door.... There is to many schools for that small of an area, PERIOD.......

And YES, "BUSING", not "BUSSING", is a "SEPARATE", not "SEPERATE", expense, and in Vermont I believe it is reimbursable up to 125% of the districts expenditures for the previous year, which is standard in most states....

Now how in the fck you can put a Ultra/Liberal/Democrat label on that is beyond me, other than to say your a fcking nut case......

Since: Jan 09

Moretown, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Alexs Tavern LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay numb nuts, lets edgimakate you on this ever so difficult
issue....
The "Cost Per Student" criteria which they use everywhere in this
god forsaken country, isn't the best when being explained to the
mentally challenged, such as yourself.....
EXAMPLE: The yearly cost for a household of 4 is $10,000 or
$2500 each.... If 2 of the people move out that DOESN'T MEAN
the yearly cost are reduced to $5000.... It means the remaining 2 now cost $5000 each....
When that school was built it was very cost effective and from what I have read, it still is..... The fcking problem lies in the hands of these people who all want a Elementary School and Middle School 2 blocks away from their front door.... There is to many schools for that small of an area, PERIOD.......
And YES, "BUSING", not "BUSSING", is a "SEPARATE", not "SEPERATE", expense, and in Vermont I believe it is reimbursable up to 125% of the districts expenditures for the previous year, which is standard in most states....
Now how in the fck you can put a Ultra/Liberal/Democrat label on that is beyond me, other than to say your a fcking nut case......
From what I read the cost for the school was cost effective for the school YES But they said the "BUSING" would make the cost more is it was counted but because it was a "SEPERATE ITEM" it did not count as a cost. Even if reimbursable who is paying for it the Rich/Ultra/Liberal/Democrat or the tax payer. Example on School. If cost only $9,000 Instead of $9,500 per student for school. But costing extra $1,000 for busing where is savings. Next item Ultra/Liberal/Democrat label is simple try talking to any of people from school Example "THE MESSIAH" Obama is SO SMART they will tell you. But ask them what he did as a Senator only say made great speeches. Ask them what he said Answer I don't know but it was inspiring. Nothing but Obama bumper stickers on cars in school parking lot. Not just with "THE MESSIAH" ask what "SAINT KENNEDY" who they will tell you was our greatest President did get I don't know. Label also goes for people who are not ADULT enough to dispute what some one say's with out childish swearing and name calling. you know like numb nuts "very childish don't you think?

Since: Feb 11

McHenry, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text>From what I read the cost for the school was cost effective for the school YES But they said the "BUSING" would make the cost more is it was counted but because it was a "SEPERATE ITEM" it did not count as a cost. Even if reimbursable who is paying for it the Rich/Ultra/Liberal/Democrat or the tax payer. Example on School. If cost only $9,000 Instead of $9,500 per student for school. But costing extra $1,000 for busing where is savings. Next item Ultra/Liberal/Democrat label is simple try talking to any of people from school Example "THE MESSIAH" Obama is SO SMART they will tell you. But ask them what he did as a Senator only say made great speeches. Ask them what he said Answer I don't know but it was inspiring. Nothing but Obama bumper stickers on cars in school parking lot. Not just with "THE MESSIAH" ask what "SAINT KENNEDY" who they will tell you was our greatest President did get I don't know. Label also goes for people who are not ADULT enough to dispute what some one say's with out childish swearing and name calling. you know like numb nuts "very childish don't you think?
Here is a little hint McNutt....
Try writing your response on paper before beating on your keyboard
with bullshit like this....

I can't take this much hilarity at one time.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Bennington Discussions

Search the North Bennington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) 6 hr East_Bennville_Louise_ 247
28 countries (Oct '13) 6 hr East_Bennville_Louise_ 263
a sucker is born every minute 6 hr East_Bennville_Louise_ 2
wheres my mill job 6 hr East_Bennville_Louise_ 13
Landmark Bennington lumberyard closing 8 hr markey the masshole 1
Best Meal 8 hr Elmers Wife 16
Greenberg's to close after 65 years 8 hr markey the masshole 5
•••
•••