Rabid fox attacks local boy

There are 7 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Jul 23, 2010, titled Rabid fox attacks local boy. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

A father and son are undergoing treatment for exposure to rabies after an encounter with a rabid gray fox.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

“Make your word impeccable.”

Since: Jul 09

East Bumble

#1 Jul 24, 2010
They often have "a wobbly gate," fall down or drool, and may have porcupine quills stuck in their face or smell like a skunk, Johnson said.
Is that what is wrong with RV?
ken

Holyoke, MA

#2 Jul 24, 2010
i'm rehehehehtarted...
Kim

Bristol, VT

#3 Jul 24, 2010
"Ned Wood said the family had seen the fox lurking in the area before the attack. The animal looked very sick because of its matted coat. He said the fox had stared at his wife but seemed to be staring through her.

"The eyes just didn’t look right," he said. "It was clearly not neurologically intact."

so at this point could they have called someone to access the situation and possibly remove the animal? Who should we call if we have a similar situation? I don't want to wait until someone is bit to try to figure this out. Come on Banner give us the information we need here, don't just leave us hanging.
Just Me

New Haven, CT

#4 Jul 25, 2010
Kim wrote:
"Ned Wood said the family had seen the fox lurking in the area before the attack. The animal looked very sick because of its matted coat. He said the fox had stared at his wife but seemed to be staring through her.
"The eyes just didn’t look right," he said. "It was clearly not neurologically intact."
so at this point could they have called someone to access the situation and possibly remove the animal? Who should we call if we have a similar situation? I don't want to wait until someone is bit to try to figure this out. Come on Banner give us the information we need here, don't just leave us hanging.
Call the state police and ask to speak with a game warden, I am sure they will be able to help you.
Kim

Bennington, VT

#5 Jul 25, 2010
Thank you Just Me. Your the only one to respond to my question.
Last Sunday at about 5 p.m. a gray fox wandered across my lawn. He did not see me and my fleeting site of him did not indicate any unusual behavior. The N. Benn incident was a reminder for me to stay alert when working outside.
Warner Brothers Star

United States

#6 Jul 25, 2010
Non Buddy wrote:
They often have "a wobbly gate," fall down or drool, and may have porcupine quills stuck in their face or smell like a skunk, Johnson said.
Is that what is wrong with RV?
Maybe they could fix that wobbly gate with the gait from the henhouse that the fox is guarding.

“Me and Me Brother Cletus”

Since: Mar 10

Woodford, Vermont

#7 Jul 25, 2010
"gate"?

Evrybuddy noes itts gaite!

Howe ken yew bee ay jurnlist effin yew kent spel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Bennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help Wanted-Sistums Enjunear (Jan '14) 6 hr Elmer_J_Fudd 81
News Frustrated (Nov '13) 6 hr Elmer_J_Fudd 82
News Bennington Free Dental Day draws about 50 at th... 10 hr KsJohn 3
News One of McAllister's alleged victims was an inte... May 22 McCann skool dropout 10
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) May 16 Kielduhcuumspunj 233
News The Tranquil Benningtonian: Hypnotherapy for yo... (Aug '13) Mar '15 Dr Pendyke 3
News It's time to make purely economic decisions of ... Feb '15 markey the masshole 2
More from around the web

North Bennington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]