Hiker dies in fall from Rattlesnake L...

Hiker dies in fall from Rattlesnake Ledge

There are 2 comments on the Seattle Times story from May 31, 2009, titled Hiker dies in fall from Rattlesnake Ledge. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

A hiker was killed when he fell from Rattlesnake Ledge near North Bend. Officials say the man fell more than 100 feet above Rattlesnake Lake about 12:15 p.m. Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

Mark

Renton, WA

#1 Jun 1, 2009
I was up there just minutes after the hiker fell. I'm kind of a risk taker myself and got pretty close to the edge and when I found out someone fell I tried to look but apparently he was much farther than I could see over. A woman told me that he was trying to climb down to a ledge just 20 feet below the lookout, which you can easily see and think you may be able to climb down to. When the rescuers got there, to the lookout, at 1:25pm they kicked us off the trail. The rescuers were calling out to him and from that point as I walked back down the trail with my girlfriend we counted probably another dozen or so rescuers, including two geared up rock climbers, heading up the trail.
ANGELA

Bellingham, WA

#2 Jun 5, 2009
I WAS THERE THAT DAY. I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS YOUNG MAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Bend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snoqualmie Chief calls for tribal gathering, co... (Jun '11) May '15 Mullen 2
News Cops: Mom Sold Daughter's Virginity for Rent Money Feb '15 Jerome 8
Issaquah Garage Door Repair (Dec '14) Dec '14 dalemkuhns 1
News Inslee promotes electric cars to tackle pollution (Nov '14) Nov '14 justhefacts 1
Issaquah Garage Door Repair (Oct '14) Oct '14 PaulNConway 1
News Alberta Septic Systems Offers Senior Discounts ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
north bend traffic (Sep '14) Sep '14 Penny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Bend Mortgages