Police use stun gun on man battling house fire

Police had to use a stun gun on a Pittsburgh-area man whose house was on fire because they say the man was endangering himself trying to battle the blaze with a garden hose. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Newew America

York, PA

#1 Sep 7, 2010
That's the American way.
Mo Thug

Mount Laurel, NJ

#2 Sep 7, 2010
From the "in order to cure the patient, we must kill the patient" file.
PeteB

AOL

#3 Sep 7, 2010
Nothing like trying to protect your own property.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 7, 2010
"Police say no charges will be filed against Baker."

What about charges against the police officers who used a taser on Mr. Barker?
Common Sense

Newmanstown, PA

#5 Sep 7, 2010
mdm289 wrote:
"Police say no charges will be filed against Baker."
What about charges against the police officers who used a taser on Mr. Barker?
What about the charges on people like you for stupidity?
CopMan2012

Mclean, VA

#6 Sep 7, 2010
If I came across Common Sense on one of my patrols, I'd toss a bag of heroin in his car and haul him in for possession. Let him get buttr@ped by some of the boys in ECI, maybe his attitude would improve.
Just Saying

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Sep 7, 2010
Did you ever think that by using the taser, the police officer saved the homeowners life by preventing him from going back into a burning building?
Hope things get better

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Sep 7, 2010
Poor guy, feel bad for him. Must of sucked.
As the saying goes, it only can get better.
Hope things look up for him and only get better after this.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 7, 2010
Did you consider that Mr. Baker owns his property and can do it what he desires, so long as he harms nobody or their property? The police in this incident, however, violated Mr. Baker's private property (his body).

The case could be made for a taser had Mr. Baker impeded the fire department from saving other people's private property, but even that is a stretch.
biggy

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Sep 7, 2010
citizen arrest, for excessive force
Pablo

Meshoppen, PA

#11 Sep 7, 2010
Maybe the police were trying to fight fire with fire? Or at least electricity.

Seriously, ever since cops were issued tazers, they find some way to abuse it. The reason behind the tazer was to avoid the use of deadly force.

Let the poor guy try to save his home. If my kitchen catches fire you better believe I am going to try to put it out and I hope that the police don't shoot me if I do.
Ex Ranger

Fort Myers, FL

#12 Sep 7, 2010
Enough is enough let's all vote to BAN the use of Tasers in America seeing how The Police Departments abuse them, Lets all stick together and force Congress to Ban Them.........
Really

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Sep 7, 2010
So, getting rid of tasers is the answer?? At least a person can be subdued with a taser. Would you rather see the police armed only with guns? Besides, if the police officer used excessive force on the homeowner, he would face charges. There had to be a bunch of witnesses there. I'm sure it will be investigated.
Leave America pablo

Brea, CA

#14 Sep 7, 2010
"Seriously, ever since cops were issued tazers, they find some way to abuse it. The reason behind the tazer was to avoid the use of deadly force."

wrong Pablo. Idiot.
Latrobe fireworks suck

Greensburg, PA

#15 Sep 7, 2010
Sounds like the officer assulted Mr. Baker
john doe 000069

York, PA

#16 Sep 7, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the charges on people like you for stupidity?
You are the one that has no common sense. Think about this guys state of mind. EVERYTHING he has work very hard for is being destroyed. It's just too bad the taser didn't electrocute the pigs.
Too loud

York, PA

#17 Sep 7, 2010
mdm289 wrote:
Did you consider that Mr. Baker owns his property and can do it what he desires, so long as he harms nobody or their property? The police in this incident, however, violated Mr. Baker's private property (his body).
The case could be made for a taser had Mr. Baker impeded the fire department from saving other people's private property, but even that is a stretch.
Yea, they should have just let him run back inside and when the ceiling fell in on him then we'd all be posting about how the cops let this poor fella die while he was trying to save his snakes... wtf
Too loud

York, PA

#18 Sep 7, 2010
Leave America pablo wrote:
"Seriously, ever since cops were issued tazers, they find some way to abuse it. The reason behind the tazer was to avoid the use of deadly force."
wrong Pablo. Idiot.
I'd like to light up Pablo with a tazer.... "do you smell something burning"

What idiots think the police abuse the tazer. After the 5 second ride, your just fine. Or they can have a broken arm or bruises for weeks from getting their butt kicked or smacked with a baton....
Seven

Monessen, PA

#19 Sep 8, 2010
The police are to protect and serve. Even if that means to protect someone from THEIRSELVES!! Baker was trying to put out a fire with a garden hose when the whole side of his house was on fire. O and not to mention this house included a large amount of black powder and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. It's good to know that so many ppl are against the police. Maybe we should ship ur ass's to mexico or russia and we'll see how long it takes you to come running back to our country after seeing how their police officers handle business. You think our police officers use excessive force?
Easyrider

Harrisburg, PA

#20 Sep 8, 2010
I'm thoroughly embarassed to be an American after reading this story. It's ok to skydive, or bungee jump, but you can't try to extinguish a fire when your house is burning?? And pets are dying?? I'd be dead, because I would've shot back. And I don't own a stun gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Belle Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr abdul 51,497
Charleroi police arrest two on heroin charges 14 hr The 411 4
Drugs in our Town (Aug '11) 18 hr Concernedabouthome 15
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Fri Just Saying 3,999
Alan Benyak Announces Candidacy for Washington ... (Mar '13) Sep 16 A Fan 10
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
bothered Sep 15 DaDog1 2
•••
•••

North Belle Vernon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North Belle Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North Belle Vernon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Belle Vernon