Restaurants in North Belle Vernon

Restaurants in North Belle Vernon

Posted in the North Belle Vernon Forum

John Doe

Bolivar, NY

#1 Sep 25, 2011
We are going into NBV for a weekend & need to find some good restaurants. We've read about back porch & Speer st, but can't find anything else reviewed. What other restaurants can you tell us about? Like what is Smitty waterfront dining? so far some of the things I've read in this forum make it sound like a rundown place, but the prices at back porch & Speer st are upscale. Is that to keep out the riff raff? Thanks
Eric Scholl

Mckees Rocks, PA

#2 Sep 28, 2011
Don't go to any of those places or any in NBV! They all suck, food is bad and customers are all riff raff and low-life! Go far outside of NBV!
John Doe

Bolivar, NY

#3 Sep 28, 2011
Eric Scholl wrote:
Don't go to any of those places or any in NBV! They all suck, food is bad and customers are all riff raff and low-life! Go far outside of NBV!
Can you give us some recommendations on where to go, we have no idea of what is down there
Just saw your comment

Belle Vernon, PA

#4 Oct 4, 2011
There is a restaurant in the American Legion. Open Fri., Sun and Monday. Chef G's. The food is terrific. On Sunday get a Big King sandwich at the Foster House. Can beat Primanti's any day of the week. New restaurant "Old Mexico" open next to Ponderosa. If their food is anything like the one in Washington, it will be excellent.Geez, not everyone is riff raff and low life.
John Doe

Bolivar, NY

#5 Oct 5, 2011
thank you.
I could not find Chef G's online, so I had no idea.

Nor was the Foster House listed online at TripAdvisor.com so I had no idea.

Maybe someone could tell those places to get lsited on the internet :)

Old Mexico looks interesting for lunch.

One of the nights we are there we want to have a real nice romantic dinner, would you recommend The Back Porch? It has the nicest website and looks like it is the best restaurant for a romantic evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Belle Vernon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Italian restaurant in 70s Jun 25 deb 2
Elevator Jun 23 Home owner 1
GoD has been kicked out of the Ringgold School ... Jun 16 Bigger Queen Bee 31
Crystal pool Jun 16 fat white girl bu... 2
News Charleroi schools obtain grants, check water qu... Jun 15 Dime Droppers Inc 2
News Entrepreneur enters race for state representative Jun 10 Lanny 22
News Monessen Middle School Students Given 'Fifty Sh... (Feb '15) May '16 Toby 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Belle Vernon Mortgages