Groups oppose Islip Pines Project proposed for Holbrook

There are 3 comments on the Mar 12, 2014, Newsday story titled Groups oppose Islip Pines Project proposed for Holbrook. In it, Newsday reports that:

About two dozen South Shore community leaders and residents voiced their opposition to the Serota Properties Islip Pines Project, a 136-acre, mixed-use development proposed for Holbrook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Camille

Ridge, NY

#1 Mar 13, 2014
NO! That land is most sacred and probably the most quiet place of peace. The air there is fresh, the ground a gorgeous carpet of needles...please leave the little natural land that we have left ALONE...build where there are eyesores, or housing blights!
Peter Cheeks

United States

#2 Mar 14, 2014
Hopefully it goes through and becomes just like the Fire Island Pines. We got screwed figuratively when the bunkhouse closed. The only way I like to get screwed is literally! We need a new place for gay action on the south shore.
holbrook resident

Holbrook, NY

#3 Mar 16, 2014
This is stupid. This project will create lots of jobs. It will make the area look much nicer then polluted garbage stuck in the woods. There is not many major retail stores in this area other then the sun vet mall. Boohoo people crying about traffic r u serious regardless of wether or not something is built there most u long island drivers will drive like morons anyway so whats the difference

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Babylon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 55 min Bruser 8,011
News Islip town board awards Wantagh company $3 mill... 1 hr Enough Is Enough 2
News Man arrested in Internet sting with Miss Americ... (May '07) 18 hr Lexxx 398
News 2 Charged in Massapequa Shooting (Jun '10) 23 hr Vito HB Ny 15
News LI VetsBuild program trains veterans for 'green... Sat mjjcpa 1
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Fri Frustrated 66
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Fri Stacie Ucci 1,376
More from around the web

North Babylon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]