32 years after escape, Hayes returns ...

32 years after escape, Hayes returns to Turkey

There are 155 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 13, 2007, titled 32 years after escape, Hayes returns to Turkey. In it, Newsday reports that:

The story of his nightmarish incarceration in a Turkish prison and his harrowing escape back to the United States terrified anyone who ever saw the 1978 movie "Midnight Express." But on Thursday, 32 years after ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Turkey Head

Paterson, NJ

#1 Jun 13, 2007
I hope he tries it again and gets caught.
nelzoni

Washington, DC

#2 Jun 13, 2007
People , Places and Things !
If you're lucky enough to get out of the lion's den alive ~ don't go back in for your hat .
Jay N

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 13, 2007
Don't bring that medical maryjane, Billy!
SJB Alum

Medford, NY

#4 Jun 13, 2007
How's Peggy?
Not sure I agree

AOL

#5 Jun 13, 2007
with this move! This was by far one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen, I can hear the music in my head as I think about it!

In all honesty, they could put him back in jail!!!!!

Crazy!
Cracker

Katonah, NY

#6 Jun 13, 2007
Throw him back in the slam.
Don't deal drugs.
Don't go to third world pits.
billy the kid

Brentwood, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2007
so, did he really kill the prison guard on his way out the door?

he could be arrested, and hung for that -

fool - listen to your mama!
Thomas

Webster, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2007
i refused go visit again
Thomas

Webster, NY

#11 Jun 13, 2007
if Billy wants go and visit they offered and welcome again dont trust them can be fool Billy
Sharon

Wyandanch, NY

#12 Jun 13, 2007
Personally, I think he's nuts to go back. A little unrelated but I think his dad worked for US Airways - does anyone know for sure ?
turkish taffy

Jackson Heights, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2007
Sounds to me like Billy has, and still is smoking some good $hit,for the last 30 years, but in my opinion he's absolutely nuts. what a tool.

Since: Jun 07

Wilmington, DE

#14 Jun 13, 2007
I hate turkey. I ate a turkey sandwich last night and it gave me the worst diahrea ever. Last year I ate turkey and potatoes for christams, and woke up to salmonella instead of christmas gifts. Turkey sucks!
Turkish People Are Filthy

Englewood, CO

#15 Jun 13, 2007
He is a idiot to go back. Bring Soap Billy if you do go back. Dont forget to bring a hacksaw with you.You are a idiot to go back there
Can you Believe it

Germany

#17 Jun 14, 2007
He's stupid if he goes back, you can't trust the Turks there.
They say one thing and do another.

Good Luck Billy
upstate bob

Sterling, VA

#18 Jun 14, 2007
well i guess he is once again "going against the wheel".don't go back.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#19 Jun 14, 2007
Turks might be rough and tough, but they got to much pride to lie. They'll all have a laugh together over a turkish coffee. Mmmm, Good!
You Play - You Pay

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Jun 14, 2007
I happen to know Billy Hayes from many years ago...what he did was wrong and he got caught..Remember, sensationilism sells which is why the movie did so well and the movie producers apologized for how they showed everything which was very exagerated..As he said, Turks are very loving people, he just didn't like the prison. I've been to Turkey and can vouch for what he said about the people and to let you know, it is not a third world country but one of the best countries for vacationing
Only in America

Edison, NJ

#22 Jun 14, 2007
Drug smuggler as hero? Anyone seen the damage illegal drugs can do? Give me a break. I hope the Turks make him finish out his sentence. Newsday needs to rethink their giudelines for what is news and be aware of the effect that publicity has on a situation. This is irresponsible media.

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#25 Jun 14, 2007
JamesPip wrote:
I hate turkey. I ate a turkey sandwich last night and it gave me the worst diahrea ever. Last year I ate turkey and potatoes for christams, and woke up to salmonella instead of christmas gifts. Turkey sucks!
Not the bird. The Country.

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#27 Jun 14, 2007
billy the kid wrote:
so, did he really kill the prison guard on his way out the door?
he could be arrested, and hung for that -
fool - listen to your mama!
I had the same question. Did he puch him against the wall causing the peg to lodge in the back of his head? You gotta admit, that was a great scene.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Babylon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 6 hr Kate 1,455
News Four People Arrested During SLA Inspections Mon JT Damillagitti 6
News Man charged with robbing four banks (Jan '08) Mon Steveyjerkyoffey 86
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... (Jul '16) Mon Concerned 2
News LaGrange: Union support is needed for Heartland... May 21 a bridge is for sale 1
News Sessions' hard line on drug enforcement will ba... May 19 frank scerpico 1
News Heartland mega-project gets county planning app... May 19 dictatorship 6

North Babylon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Babylon Mortgages