Despite outcry, Christmas house owner light show a no-go

Full story: Newsday.com 47
Peter Walker was excited that later this year he and his wife, Lori-Ann, would bring their daughter, Emma Grace, to see the elaborate Christmas lights at the home of fellow North Babylon resident Andrew Spadafora. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
caroline

Shirley, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2009
I am confused, they keep talking about his daughter, does she have a name? what could be so bad that someone removed what she said......

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#2 Jul 18, 2009
if he would cut down on some meals maybe he could pay his bills
No Way

AOL

#3 Jul 21, 2009
caroline wrote:
I am confused, they keep talking about his daughter, does she have a name? what could be so bad that someone removed what she said......
Her comments were removed -
caroline

Shirley, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2009
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Her comments were removed -
why???
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 23, 2009
Good. We are glad this over. Keep it over and be done with. You have caused enough damage to our block (Kime Avenue) as it is. We don't need it anymore. Seriously. We live here too.
claudia

East Setauket, NY

#6 Jul 23, 2009
it is once a year Kime Avenue resident above...get over it...and if people want it they should help him pay the bill.
carmine

Shirley, NY

#7 Jul 23, 2009
claudia wrote:
it is once a year Kime Avenue resident above...get over it...and if people want it they should help him pay the bill.
Are you kidding! Pay his Bill! if he can't afford it he shouldn't do it! I don't see any of the other christmas houses asking for money! They do just as much as he does,(BTW he hires a crew to put his lights up and most of the other houses di it all themselves!)
All Ears

AOL

#8 Aug 7, 2009
Let's hear from his kids again....
Tell us more....
Neighbor

Fairfield, CT

#9 Nov 25, 2009
claudia wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about, shut your trap and crawl back under the rock you rolled out from under.
No Comment

Bronx, NY

#10 Nov 29, 2009
carmine wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding! Pay his Bill! if he can't afford it he shouldn't do it! I don't see any of the other christmas houses asking for money! They do just as much as he does,(BTW he hires a crew to put his lights up and most of the other houses di it all themselves!)
He doesn't ask for money for himself, he asks for donations for a children's hospital. Going to the house has been a family tradition and I am so sorry that he and his family will not be able to do it again this year, but it will not stop me from donating anyway.

Hopefully the display will be back next year.
sick of this

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#12 Dec 5, 2009
No Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't ask for money for himself, he asks for donations for a children's hospital. Going to the house has been a family tradition and I am so sorry that he and his family will not be able to do it again this year, but it will not stop me from donating anyway.
Hopefully the display will be back next year.
I hope he never does it again!!!! if you want to give to a charity, send it yourself!
special edd

West Islip, NY

#13 Dec 5, 2009
sick of this wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he never does it again!!!! if you want to give to a charity, send it yourself!
Bah humbug. Me thinks your jooish
rabecca

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#14 Dec 9, 2009
the neighbors are all glad they are not doing it anymore. there are plenty of other houses to go and look at..just be done with this post.....
irs

United States

#15 Dec 10, 2009
how much money did spadafora raise???? i betch-ya more than he reported to the charity!!!! you know, i'm sure if you drove past it and saw it once or twice every year that would be nice, but if you were to live on that block, I think it would be a living hell every night those light's were on!!!!The true meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with the Spadafora house....and when the 25th roles in....the holiday goes on like it has done every year before!!!!!
holiday

Lindenhurst, NY

#16 Dec 16, 2009
really people? christmas is for kids!all you bah-humbug people arent parents i'm guessing =) and what do kids like? christmas lights, my kids loved it.. so he didn't do it himself, and? that was the best house i've ever seen..and i haven't seen a house that does half of what he does (though there are some beautiful homes with lights) also i don't see any one else raising over a hundred thousands dollars for a "childrens" hospital. and for the kime block its 1 month out of the year get over it! i hope he does next year and for all the years to come!!
GREAT JOB
Miracle Worker

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 17, 2009
To be frank and honset, I don't appreciate those people who decorate every inch of their property with Christmas `decorations. Give me the subtle approach of white lights on the trees and bushes in front of the house, along the gutters if desired and candles in all the front windows. Nobody's neighbors will object to this treatment.
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#18 Nov 27, 2010
hey andrew and elinore!! i loved your christmas display and you have given us many of your nice decorations!! your right...the new generation does need to take on!! forget what these ridiclous dumb people say on here!! they obviously don't have the spirit or anything and need to seriously grow up!! thank you for so many years and time and patience!!
Come see our display agian sometime!!=]
after this i hope you know whoo wrote this
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#19 Nov 27, 2010
oh and for the record ... whowever has the time and sit here and complain about my positivity on thier past display needs to do it elsewhere! love ya guys x0
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#20 Nov 27, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
Good. We are glad this over. Keep it over and be done with. You have caused enough damage to our block (Kime Avenue) as it is. We don't need it anymore. Seriously. We live here too.
seriously your dumb ... they didnt do anything 2u it was for charity and children .. grow upp!!
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#21 Nov 27, 2010
momma chamberlin wrote:
if he would cut down on some meals maybe he could pay his bills
who are you to judge people? you're not god. your not the greatest looking person ever and you needs to growup as well. your neck probally looks like a whopper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Babylon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 11 hr Bruser 7,940
Review: Law Firm of Mark S. Eghrari & Associate... (Jun '12) 18 hr mRobM 34
which auto repair shop to choose in Farmingdale... Fri Charlie 1
Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Fri Ginger 16
irish mob (Oct '13) Dec 25 ClipperHatBoy 31
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6

North Babylon News Video

North Babylon Dating
Find my Match