North Babylon principal resigns -

North Babylon principal resigns -

There are 46 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 16, 2007, titled North Babylon principal resigns -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The North Babylon School Board voted unanimously last night to accept the resignation of high school Principal Donald G. Shevlin, who was charged in September with driving with a blood-alcohol level three times ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
students rights

Southampton, NY

#43 Jan 29, 2008
tom knowles wrote:
Donald Shevlin should be forgivein. Everyone makes mistakes. After he was gone the school has gottin worse. we miss Donald Shevlin. We want him back
You can't forgive anyone who preaches zero tolerance. They close that door on themselves. He had hundreds of students searched by security officers who thrust their hands into each kids pockets. No suspicion, no threat, just random searching. Unconstitutional and illegal.
Joey

Selden, NY

#44 Jan 29, 2008
One six-figure over-paid supt. down...how many more to go?

Us tax-payers are "Broke" because of these over-paid do-nothings!!!
students rights

Southampton, NY

#45 Jan 31, 2008
OMG wrote:
I agree, he is already being punnished. I don't think this man should lose his job. I think this man should have to attend AA meetings and drug and alcohol counseling, losing his job is not going to teach him anything. Losing his job does nothing for the problem which is so apparent in our society. He made a mistake, he did a dumb thing. He did not hurt anyone, thank god. However, he needs to be forgiven and given his job back with restrictions.
What the ...?
Who cares what HE learned from all this? And I do forgive him, I just don't want him in charge of anything. Losing his job does plenty for the problem of having a pompous substance abuser as principle. That problem is gone. Zero tolerance, right... I think that's what he said. And if you know anything about AA its a "program of attraction", they don't want people who are forced to attend.
NorthBabylonian

Poughkeepsie, NY

#47 Apr 26, 2009
Already taxed out wrote:
Busey wrote "He is in the Union. His salary cannot decrease.... thats just the way it is. Deal with it "
too bad there is NO UNION
its the N. Babylon UNION FREE School District
please EDUCATE yourself, before you post
Actually North Babylon has a union. It's a misconception. Who knows they they keep the name.

www.nbto.org
THE BARTENDER

Hawthorne, NJ

#48 Dec 2, 2009
DONNIE GOT HIMSELF ANOTHER DWI,,,STILL HIDING IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM DONNIE-BOY?
BBuster

Toronto, Canada

#49 Dec 2, 2009
Is this the same Donald Shevlin who taught at Smithtown HS East in the 1980's ? I believe the rumor back then was that he was dating some students. I guess the rumor can be counted as truth given his situation now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Babylon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Suffolk County Courts so incompetent an... (Jul '06) 7 hr heynowpeople 93
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Mon Bruser 8,000
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Mon El Cacique 1,387
Home Instead Happauge fired me After Report irr... Jul 24 Home Instead 1
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Jul 23 Bruser 2,463
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Jul 22 WolfOfWallStreet 16
Review: Showworld (May '10) Jul 21 FRANKIEBOY 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Babylon Mortgages