Trucker gets $17,000 ticket in DuPage...

Trucker gets $17,000 ticket in DuPage County

There are 3 comments on the Daily Herald story from Jul 3, 2009, titled Trucker gets $17,000 ticket in DuPage County. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

We've all seen them on the roads - big rigs hauling heavy, oversized loads. The operators of those trucks need permits, or they're subject to fines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

Midnightrider

Geneva, IL

#1 Jul 6, 2009
This is outrageous. Many roads change from city to state to county maintenance several times in just a few miles. This is a good reason to change the law. If you get a state overweight permit, it should be good anywhere in the state. The business of every little stretch of road being used as a revenue generator should be stopped.
Taxman

Arlington Heights, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Stay out of DuPage country if you can. Go all the way around if you have to. What you waste in gas will be saved in potential fines and code violations.

They are even squeezing little old people that just want to put up a fence. They inspect the entire property to squeeze a few hundred bucks from them in code violations. We are talking about complete nonsense here. Nothing that any sane person would think was a code violation. Who cares if there is no money left for the fence after the fines are paid for?
Midnightrider

Geneva, IL

#3 Jul 6, 2009
I have heard about DuPage. A lot of older homes were OK many years ago when they were built. They are considered "existing" and are not supposed to be required to be the same as new ones built today, they are supposed to be "grandfathered". The powers at be disregard that and attempt to use it as a revenue source. Meanwhile they ignore gangs, drugs, and illegals driving without a drivers license. A few days ago I noticed Carol Stream police checking paperwork as trucks were coming off Lies Rd. by Gary Ave. and directing ones they thought might be a little over "local limit" on an axle over to the scales. A bunch of them were lined up. Strictly to rake in revenue over Chicken S--t "violations". Unfortunately, I have to drive in there sometimes. I didn't get stopped, probably only because the cops were already busy writing a ticket. I thought the cops were supposed to protect us from being robbed on the highway. It seems THEY are the highway robbers now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malls debate teen policies after fights 5 hr John Caliendo 5
i.c.e. 5 hr Dale 3
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Feb 18 Ashley B 56
Lisa Roc Jimmy(Jim Bob)Barham Feb 17 Lisa in TN 5
What ever happend to that guy in the Hotel Plaza? (Dec '14) Feb 12 Fathoes69 3
Oswego Police Suck (Dec '10) Feb 10 Jack Mehoff 28
i still love you (Sep '15) Feb 10 Jack Mehoff 2

North Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance