Closing of dealerships to reverberate...

Closing of dealerships to reverberate throughout region

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 19, 2009, titled Closing of dealerships to reverberate throughout region. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The day after Chrysler notified Edward Burke that his Jeep Dodge dealership was no longer wanted, the window washer at the Lisle store that Burke has owned since 1987 stopped him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Robert Pellegrini

Aurora, IL

#1 May 20, 2009
Ted,

I am commenting on your article "Closing of dealerships to reverberate throughout region".

I would like to know more on how these decisions are based. My personal experience with Bill Kay Chevrolet was so bad, that I once drove my GM car, still on its warranty, smoking from Lisle to Naperville rather than use Bill Kay's service department. In discussions with my friends, I have heard many bad stories about Bill Kay dealerships; however, lets check the facts. I would greatly enjoy reading a Chicago Tribune article on which local dealerships have the most complaints. This may be checked by reviewing court documents in DuPage & Cook Counties. As a GM owner & shareholder, I hope the dealerships with bad service get eliminated rather than the outstanding dealerships.

Nice article,

Robert Pellegrini
Rpellegr@aol.com

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#2 May 20, 2009
Very good article on the second wave consequences these closings will cause. I just hope that my post beats the UAW saber-rattlers who will inevitably state that it's all management's fault. I don't care whose fault it is, but the end result is that inferior products on Chrysler's part is driving this situation.
Paul454

Crystal Lake, IL

#3 May 20, 2009
Maybe, just maybe Mr. Burke should of put as much into the town as he put into his office in the Chrysler store. You also have to look at the bigger picture. His ego made it real easy for Chrylser to pull the trigger on him. I bet if he would of taken care of his customers as well as he took care of himself ( muscle cars, office bigger than the oval office) I bet that this would not have happened. Lets not forget that there are lot of benchmarks these dealers had to hit in order NOT to be on the hit list. And from what i know of him, he didnt hit any of them. Most dealers listen to WIIFM (whats in it for me) and some of these dealers had this coming. they did to them selves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Apr 15 Hope701 80
News New Courthouse, Sheriff's Office, Health Dept. ... (Jan '16) Apr 8 Justice League 4
News North Aurora residents question proposal for ol... Apr 7 knowing 2
What is the plans of BNSF railroad and the comp... (Sep '06) Mar 24 Joliet jake 82
Auto Concepts Joliet (Mar '12) Mar '18 Tony B 15
Javier Beltran (Rhino) Mar '18 Javier beltran 3
News Elburn officer removed from police force (Oct '17) Mar '18 Blktopcowboy 2

North Aurora Jobs

Personal Finance

North Aurora Mortgages