Peter Funt: Happiness comes early to the mall

I 'm thankful that this year many merchants were considerate enough to begin Christmas sales shortly after Columbus Day to avoid interfering with Halloween and Thanksgiving. Full Story
YGBSM

Carmel, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2010
More babbling from Funt.
Hal Raimey

Salinas, CA

#2 Nov 23, 2010
YGBSM wrote:
More babbling from Funt.
Appreciate your input on the matter.
Holly

Monterey, CA

#3 Nov 23, 2010
I really don't care what Funt has to say most of the time. He's just annoying to me a lot of the time, but I think he got this one right. The holidays have totally gotten out of hand. Everything seems to be in the stores and on tv months before most of us are even thinking about blowing wads of money we don't have on people who really would just prefer that we give them money. I go through this every year with my kids and grandkids. I used to love the holidays more when I had less and could be more creative. Yes, Mr. Funt, it should be about how fortunate and grateful we are. So, have another drink and enjoy your HD/3D or whatever tv you are watching the big game on this Thanksgiving and be grateful for what you have. Like it or not, it's just how it is now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Attleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 8 hr John 1,168
30 xanax down Sep 27 musicman 2
Talkmansfield (Jan '13) Sep 25 ForumGuest 29
Aaron Hernandez (Jun '13) Sep 14 chuck 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 Get a job 4,701
Safe Stolen In Super Bowl Ring Heist Found (Apr '09) Sep 7 ERIC 9
Debate: Ferguson - Mansfield, MA Aug '14 RS 1

North Attleboro News Video

North Attleboro Jobs

North Attleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Attleboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Attleboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]