Hearing Loss Suits Hit Siren Manufacturer

A firefighter from North Arlington is among 400 in the state -- and nearly 5,000 nationwide -- who are suing a national siren manufacturer, alleging that exposure to the device's noise left them with hearing ... Full Story
Brett Ramer

New Albany, IN

#1 Jan 18, 2007
Im sorry, But I find it hard to believe that his is real. I am a firefighter myself , and I come from a long family history of firefighters, and I have never heard of anything like this in my life. To me, this sounds like a bunch of selfish people who think they are firfighters trying to get something for nothing. Let's think about this, if a siren is projecting noise ahead of the vehicle, and the vehicle is moving in a forward motion, then the vehicle is going to go through the path of the noise being made, just a thought. I may be wrong, but I think this sounds like a whole bunch of BULLSHIT, and that these people who claim to be Firefighters are losing focus on there jobs. It seems to me that they have gotten wrapped up in society where everybody wants something for nothing, and forgot why they do the job that they do. But that's just me. I know I have never heard of any kind of complaint like this before, and that this is rediculous.
PacificTheatre

Bayonne, NJ

#2 Apr 1, 2007
During WW2, air raid sirens and the ensuing attacks were stronger and longer lasting than a fresh cup of Colombian coffee in their mornings. Most of those veterans and women whom welded the ships no longer hear the police, ambulance and fire trucks through their neighborhoods when they were alive.
Brett Ramer wrote:
Im sorry, But I find it hard to believe that his is real. I am a firefighter myself , and I come from a long family history of firefighters, and I have never heard of anything like this in my life. To me, this sounds like a bunch of selfish people who think they are firfighters trying to get something for nothing. Let's think about this, if a siren is projecting noise ahead of the vehicle, and the vehicle is moving in a forward motion, then the vehicle is going to go through the path of the noise being made, just a thought. I may be wrong, but I think this sounds like a whole bunch of BULLSHIT, and that these people who claim to be Firefighters are losing focus on there jobs. It seems to me that they have gotten wrapped up in society where everybody wants something for nothing, and forgot why they do the job that they do. But that's just me. I know I have never heard of any kind of complaint like this before, and that this is rediculous.
Paralegalex

Bayonne, NJ

#3 Apr 1, 2007
Brett Ramer wrote:
Japan is a country of engineers. Are we a country of...counselors, lawyers, attorneys...
OceanMotion

Bayonne, NJ

#4 Apr 1, 2007
Brett Ramer wrote:
Highly-focused narrow-beam rotating red and blue stroboscopic halogens blind me over into the curb when I see it on top of Yacht on wheels behind me in traffic. Thanks for the tinnutis. And my audiologist is still making his mortgage payments. My twin newborns like it, too.
lyndhurst resident

Toms River, NJ

#5 Jun 21, 2007
this is messed up
i think of the air raid siren as something that can save my life espically if my town or state is attacked by another country
espically north korea or iran who have icbms that can hit anywhere in america

the 12 o clock should be brought back so we can practice
Soundblaster

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Jan 16, 2008
I am not a firefighter, but the comments here are wrong. This is not about air raid sirens, its about sirens that are located on vehciles used by firefighters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Arlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Children's Shelter behind Geriatric Center ... (Nov '13) Dec 13 Recognise This Story 134
Review: Associates In Prosthodontics (Aug '08) Dec 8 Amber Johnson 2
Save & Rave Consignment Shop Dec 4 TomD 1
Save & Rave Consignment Shop Dec 4 TomD 1
Bloomfield prosecutor: Moon Palace sale in 'eve... Nov 23 Concern citizen 1
Jersey City man with 44 prior arrests charged w... Nov 20 lmedia 1
Review: MLC Salon (Aug '12) Nov '13 Stephanie 6

North Arlington News Video

North Arlington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

North Arlington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE