When $49.93 becomes $60,000

When $49.93 becomes $60,000

There are 11 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 30, 2010, titled When $49.93 becomes $60,000. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Rebecca "Becky" Read has made an early launch into her college career. The Lenox Memorial High School senior recently participated in a catapult competition sponsored by the Civil Engineering Department at Merrimack College in North Andover.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Mar 30, 2010
That is pretty darn cool. Congratulations, Ms. Read!

Springfield, MA

#2 Mar 30, 2010
Good job! It's so nice to hear about something good happening instead of some of the garbage stories we mostly hear/read.....This girl is on her way!
Herb in Lee

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Nice story. Go Becky! Any scriptwriters out there?

Chicopee, MA

#4 Mar 30, 2010
Congratulations, job well done

#5 Mar 30, 2010
Good for you, Becky! Your enthusiasm gives me hope. I'm going to remember you and follow your career to its ultimate success!

Berkshire, MA

#6 Mar 31, 2010
Congrats Becky! Well done!
Nice job nice community

Glendale, MA

#7 Mar 31, 2010
Congratulations to Becky. I also like that she worked with Caligari Hardware to ensure that her budget met contest rules. One of the strengths of the Berkshires is that local businesses will rise to the request when a young person has a good project. It takes a village....

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2010

Franklin, MA

#9 Mar 31, 2010

#10 Mar 31, 2010
Becky- Congratulations! What a great story! Continued success in your new endeavors and good luck in college. Thanks for making us proud in the Berkshires.

Since: Jan 09

Great Barrington, MA

#11 Mar 31, 2010
Thanks to the Eagle for printing a positive story. The Eagle chooses mostly negative stories to cover.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) 22 hr FreedomMom 39
Marianna Matthews a young lady with spina bifida Nov 15 RichieB2015 1
mari anna matthews (Feb '10) Nov 13 RichieB15 4
Gay meet up (May '13) Oct '15 pinchie 28
Review: Andover Locksmith Oct '15 CLOSED 1
News Another Coywolf Sighting in North Andover (May '13) Oct '15 Dick R 2
gang stalking at mass school of law Oct '15 Whos who Not You 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Andover Mortgages