Solo Cup to close plant in Mass.; 360...

Solo Cup to close plant in Mass.; 360 jobs affected - Sentinel & En...

There are 14 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jun 9, 2010, titled Solo Cup to close plant in Mass.; 360 jobs affected - Sentinel & En.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Paper cup and plate maker Solo Cup Co. announced Tuesday that it is closing three manufacturing plants, including one in North Andover that affects 360 workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 9, 2010
I boycott solo cups... anyone that cannot keep jobs here do not deserve the Business. simple.
Marie in the Burg

Great Barrington, MA

#3 Jun 9, 2010
The voices in your head wrote:
<quoted text> They DO have a plant in Leominster still don't they?
I thought the one in Leominster closed a long time ago.
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jun 9, 2010
No one can afford to live or operate a business in Massachusetts, its just too expensive.

Great job politicians....

Location hidden

#5 Jun 9, 2010
The voices in your head wrote:
<quoted text> They DO have a plant in Leominster still don't they?
Mot that I know I know of I did a search today they are no longer in leominster.
Blah Blah Blah

Swampscott, MA

#6 Jun 10, 2010
They are still in Massachusetts. They bought Sweetheart Cup years ago so unless that's what you googled you won't find them. They do still have 2 plants in Mass as Solo Cup...Andover and Springfield as the story says. Also they buy their supplies from local vendors here in Mass ...raw plastic materials etc and they outsource some of their molding to local companies in Massachusetts as most companies in the plastic industries often will...so Zimmer you look a little foolish for your boycott. But I don't think they'll miss your 2 dollars a month anyways.
MJL

Montgomery, AL

#7 Jun 10, 2010
There is currently only (1) Solo Cup in MASS. The Springfield location is out in the mid west. Reason for me knowing this information is that I once worked for Solo in Leominster. The company got in over there heads when they purchased Sweetheart Cup, and only made matters worse for the Northeast plants.

MJL

Location hidden

#8 Jun 10, 2010
The North Andover and Springfield facilities are expected to close in mid- to late 2011, and the Owings Mills facility is expected to close in mid-2012.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci...

As you see from the story they are closing BOTH andover and sringdield locations. They will no longer have any location in MA. I think you all have to read abit better. Thank you!
MJL

Montgomery, AL

#9 Jun 10, 2010
The Springfield location in NOT in Mass!!!

MJL
MJL

Montgomery, AL

#10 Jun 10, 2010
Also,

It is Springfield Missouri. Google it!!!

MJL

Location hidden

#11 Jun 10, 2010
I did mjl. I am correct. Kiss.
MJL

Montgomery, AL

#12 Jun 10, 2010
Correct on what?
MJL

Montgomery, AL

#13 Jun 10, 2010
Sentinel arictle that you wanted us to read stated:

Solo Cup, a privately-held company with sales of about $1.5 billion, said it would also close plants in Owings Mills, Md., affecting 540 workers, and in Springfield, Mo., affecting 340 workers.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci...

Do you see MA next to Springfield???? I think you need to start learning how to read!!!
Google head

Montgomery, AL

#14 Jun 10, 2010
Zimmer hides his idenity because he's a M0r0n.....
Google head

Montgomery, AL

#15 Jun 10, 2010
Read the actual release from the company , it's much clearer than the Sentinal !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure (Apr '10) May 18 Jordan 30
News Tyngsboro High teacher quits over 'inappropriat... (May '08) May 13 asdasd 107
News Billerica weighs smaller lot sizes to attract h... May 2 hammerhead 1
News Prince Harry nude photos: A reminder we're all ... (Aug '12) Apr 30 Large Language 16
Info.... Apr 26 RichieB2015 1
News Wong won't expand list of police chief finalists (Feb '08) Apr '16 spy vs spy 10
News Police union head 'disappointed' (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeff Irvine 805 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Andover Mortgages