Penn Brook School Construction Initia...

Penn Brook School Construction Initiative

Posted in the North Andover Forum

T Smolen

Georgetown, MA

#1 Jul 1, 2012
YOu see all the posts about people who need and can't find a job. How many of you are having trouble meeting your mortgage and real estate tax payments? Well, if you don't want them to increase again (after last year's unfortunate override vote) vote the Penn Brook School project DOWN at Town Meeting in the fall. It is so important for EVERYONE to attend town meeting and vote. Remember, attend town meeting and vote DOWN the Penn Brook School Construction initiative. The present proposal is TOO MUCH, TOO SOON! There's a serious recession underway and the school project can be down-scaled and postponed to a more opportune moment.
M OHare

Georgetown, MA

#2 Jul 31, 2012
I also agree that now is NOT the time to add yet another HUGE tax increase on Georgetown homeowners. As T Smolens points out; TOO MUCH - TOO SOON
The effect on the tax rate is expected to be an increase of about $2 for every $1,000 of assessed value. A home valued at $300,000 would see an increase of $600 a year in property taxes.

Vote the Penn Brook School project down.
D Dawes

Georgetown, MA

#3 Aug 13, 2012
The question isn't whether something needs to be done at the Penn Brook School. We all know something needs to be done due to the lack of maintenance to the building.

What Ted says is true & ON TOP OF THAT the plan is to bring ANOTHER project for the High School in the Spring of 2013! Then we are also looking at a major expenditure for the upgrade of Elm St as a result of the Penn Brook Project. THEN Selectman Smith mentioned a project for the Perley School but would not elaborate when questioned.

We just had an average $675/yr tax increase for a Prop 2½ override. We are looking at an average increase of $752/yr tax increase for the Penn Brook Project. How much additional will we be looking at for a High School Project?[forced under the guise of accreditation] How much additional tax will we be looking at for an Elm Street project? THEN, how much additional tax will we be looking at for a potential Perley School Project?

The current proposed 'preferred option' is not the right project. This project has serious negative financial impact on the average family in Georgetown and will affect Georgetown's affordability. The voters of Georgetown need to send this project back to the drawing board.
georgetown

Haverhill, MA

#4 Oct 24, 2012
VOTE NO

Another override.

When does it stop?

So if this override goes though, there won't be anymore?

We have the 2,5% law to help keep the children, you act so concerned about, in their homes.

How many families will have to do with less to pay the increased taxes.

How many families won't be able to enjoy all that you want everyone to pay for.

I have 2 children in the georgetown school system and would like to be able keep them here.

I say no to increased taxes.

VOTE NO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) 12 min fred 269
News Prince Harry nude photos: A reminder we're all ... (Aug '12) Jul 26 Bob 32
Disturbing case in Andover, Stalking, ID theft.... (Oct '08) Jul '16 Brandon 18
News State Rep. Jim Miceli prides himself on not tak... (Oct '10) Jun '16 Respect 20
News Urban gangs seen moving into suburbs (Jun '06) Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 29
News Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure (Apr '10) Jun '16 Anonymous 31
Let There Be Light Jun '16 Felix The Cat 1

North Andover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Andover Mortgages