Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane...

Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats

There are 312 comments on the Thebostonchannel.com story from Feb 8, 2006, titled Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats. In it, Thebostonchannel.com reports that:

An African-American woman claims that Southwest Airlines unfairly subjected her to its policy requiring large passengers to buy two seats because of her race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thebostonchannel.com.

who cares

Exeter, NH

#331 Jul 25, 2010
you people need to judge yourselves instead of judging someone else! I bet our all perfect right! Some are fat, some are ugly, some are pigs, some are druggies, some are well you know etc! Get a life grow up stop judging your not jesus!
Shaft

United States

#336 Sep 14, 2010
Cooley Reese wrote:
Was she a WHITE WIMMENS?
I likes 'em big. Whare all the WHITE WIMMENS at???
Hooks a brother up?
DYNOMITES!!!!
Git down! Funky brother!
ppfffftt

United States

#337 Sep 14, 2010
Sorry, I fahted.
Gibstr

United States

#338 Sep 14, 2010
It's always easy to call the race card when you don't like the truth!
Explode

United States

#339 Sep 24, 2010
Just one more chocolate morsel and I will...
TheDude

Exeter, NH

#340 Nov 3, 2010
She should have to buy two seats,I sat next to a big fattie recently at a Manchester Monarchs game and her big fat butt cheeks were spilling out into my seat and I had to move way over to the side of my seat. I was very uncomfortable. Meanwhile she filled her fat face with popcorn and hotdogs, she wasn't there to watch the game she was there to eat.
Faht Bahsted

United States

#341 Nov 3, 2010
TheDude wrote:
She should have to buy two seats,I sat next to a big fattie recently at a Manchester Monarchs game and her big fat butt cheeks were spilling out into my seat and I had to move way over to the side of my seat. I was very uncomfortable. Meanwhile she filled her fat face with popcorn and hotdogs, she wasn't there to watch the game she was there to eat.
Did she fart?
swamech

Plant City, FL

#342 Nov 18, 2010
Watching wrote:
I agree...this has nothing at all to do with race. I believe that SW should not charge her for 2 seats....but, only if there is an extra availble seat next to her for that flight. Otherwise, she needs to wait for the next flight.
in case you dont know, airlines sell individual seats on a plane, not space. if you want one seat or take up two seats, you buy two tickets. plane and simple.
yeah baby

Exeter, NH

#346 Nov 19, 2010
TheDude wrote:
you should have hit on her told her to come to your place you got candy or somthing big girls rock the house i mean the hole house

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Since: Dec 08

Stay In Your Own Lane

#347 Nov 19, 2010
Those little azz Southwestern Airline seats aren't made for big people.
beReasonable

Manchester, NH

#348 Nov 22, 2010
Most of you are chomping at the bit to insult this woman because of her weight. How many of you finger-pointers would be willing to pay by the pound? That should weed a lot of you out! You can always find someone heavier than you to justify your own faults. I'd bet a lot of you anonymous internet bullies weigh over 200, I think you should pay twice as much as the 100 lb woman in front of you, see how you like them apples!
That would be the fairest way to deal with cowards like some of you.
44 mag

Exeter, NH

#349 Nov 23, 2010
2ndtank wrote:
Karma if you want ,i'll start a fundraiser for your second seat.I'll sell candy bars to FAT people.Fat people shouldn't be allowed on planes. It causes a risk to everyone else.
creep.shuove that dilly bar up your auss
44 mag

Exeter, NH

#350 Nov 23, 2010
by the way.good for her!!!!!
woop

Exeter, NH

#351 Nov 24, 2010
does this meen that if you can fit two skinny people in one seat you only have to buy 1 ticket hmmmmm it makes you think
SOOOOOOOOOOOO

Newmarket, NH

#352 Nov 24, 2010
All you people must be a no. 10 i say your rude.
pfft sorry I fahted

Derry, NH

#354 Apr 20, 2014
I ripped me pant!
bozo

Nashua, NH

#356 Jun 6, 2014
when this suit falls she may want to sue the grocery store for selling her to much food or Mickey D for supper sizing stuff and selling it to her.

she should look in the full length mirror !

air lines should make all the fat people sit in one row so they can see how they disrupt the normal sized passengers trying to sit next to them.

what every happen to personal responsibility.
bozo

Nashua, NH

#357 Jun 7, 2014
the airline should sue her for being fat not having a mirror to see what a fat moron she is and taking up too much space in a modern air liner.

Get a mirror and a diet and a life you fat moron.
Citizen X

Hudson, NH

#360 Oct 25, 2014
All boils down to personal accountability. She wants to be "obese" , that's her choice. She has a medical condition where she can't control her weight, she is going to have to make arrangements that will accommodate her and her size. If she is just heavy because she chooses to, she should be prepared to face the consequences that go with it. She should be held accountable and pay for the 2 seats so everyone is comfortable. Only in America can we sue because we are fat.
Anorexia is in

Hampton, NH

#362 Oct 26, 2014
Everybody can't be 110 pounds! Even though anorexia is the in thing now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who wants thire cocks sucked im a boy n 19 will... Jul 15 shhh 1
BEATLES FOR SALE COMES TO NORTH READING in August Jul 14 New England Music... 1
why are north reading police such jerks????? al... (Apr '11) Jul 11 Wahhhh 35
News Ex-Tewksbury tenants awarded $726G for mold ordeal (Mar '09) Jun 29 susan 31
News Lowell mother held without bail after fleeing f... Jun 29 hammerhead 1
Gay meet up (May '13) Jun 28 youngteen59 22
News Lowell mother held without bail after fleeing f... Jun '15 EAA 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Andover Mortgages