Victim: Coach sexually assaulted me as a teenager

Full story: Lowell Sun

A teenage boy, befriended and mentored by former Tewksbury High School assistant varsity basketball coach Dennis Holt, would often spend nights and weekends at Holt's lakeside Westford home, water skiing and having fun.
Comments
1 - 20 of 65 Comments Last updated May 2, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Watching from Tewksbury

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Judged:

Oh for goodness sake! This is not rape when it is consentual!
This person could have stopped the association at any time. Years later, when he's 30, he decides he's been molested, or is he just bored with his lack of success in this life and decides it's the fault of this ongoing sexual relationship he had years ago?
Let's not waste twaxpayer money on this nonsense.
pebbles1920

Dedham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

at the time he was a child, probably didnt understand what was going on, and suppressed it in his mind for years until now. Wasting tax money? what if it was you would you like to be called wasted? think about it
Realistic

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

I have two sons and I have trouble trusting ANYONE with them...You just never know..It's a sick world we live in!!!!
Chris Hanson

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Hello Dennis, I'm Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC. Why don't you have a seat right over there
cool nh

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

why would the kid keep going back. it says he was 12. some kids are haven babies at that age. he knew what was going on for god sack, he must of liked it back then and know he is thinking about it and needs money or something. shame on him for bringing it up years later. go get a job. you are going to be all over the news and people are going to talk good and bad about you. i hope he has no kids because they are gonna go threw hell if he stays in the same town.
remembers well

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

I remember seeing my sister having sex with her high school gym teacher and then with her high school chemistry teacher in the early 1960s. They didn't think I knew what was going on, but I did and my sister was an eager participant in both relationships. She actually sought them out, taking me with her when she met these people so I could be her alibi with my parents later! Fortunately, I wasn't an active 'participant' in the activities, so to speak.

My sister is a pathological liar and sociopath although she seems perfectly 'normal' at first meetings. I can see her trying to tell people the story that she was abused by these adults. There are way too many sides of these issues and sometimes there are too many confounders to tease out reliably.
Papa Smurf

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Chris Hanson wrote:
Hello Dennis, I'm Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC. Why don't you have a seat right over there
Chris: How come, no matter how screwed the perps are on you show, they always take the cookies and drink you offer them?

Just wondering.
icanasnwerthat

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Papa Smurf wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris: How come, no matter how screwed the perps are on you show, they always take the cookies and drink you offer them?
Just wondering.
..cuz they know they wont be getting any cookies & milk in the clink!
sarge

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

remembers well wrote:
I remember seeing my sister having sex with her high school gym teacher and then with her high school chemistry teacher in the early 1960s. They didn't think I knew what was going on, but I did and my sister was an eager participant in both relationships. She actually sought them out, taking me with her when she met these people so I could be her alibi with my parents later! Fortunately, I wasn't an active 'participant' in the activities, so to speak.
My sister is a pathological liar and sociopath although she seems perfectly 'normal' at first meetings. I can see her trying to tell people the story that she was abused by these adults. There are way too many sides of these issues and sometimes there are too many confounders to tease out reliably.
Wake up man, if your sister was a minor and I'm guessing she was. She was abused by these "teachers". They are supposed to seek help for the weak not take advantage and prey on them. I find it twisted that you accompanied these trists and see it only as your sisters problem.
Dap

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

I personally know this young man. If you or anyone thinks that money is involved you are sadly mistaken. He is not sueing anyone. This fine young man is now happily married and has lived with this for a very long time. His motive is to try and stop a sexual perpertrator from manipulating another child and robbing them of their childhood innocence. To critizize someone in such a delicate situation don't you think you would have to walk in their shoes. If you for one minute think this was easy for him you are so wrong. All I can say is shame on you.
MC-New Hampshire

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

For anyone who doesn't agree that this case should not have gone to trial, if you have young children pray everyday that they will not go through what this young man has gone through.
dhs

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

At the age of 12 how can anyone in their right mind think that it's consensual? If it happened to someone in your family.....Then I bet you wouldn't feel it was consensual. I admire this young man for coming forward. I hope justice is served.
scgal

Yemassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Shame in you, Dennis. You knew better.
scgal

Yemassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Shame on you, Dennis. You knew better.
ELL

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

This man was 40 something and this kid was 12. I'll pray it never happens to anyone of your children.
BillM

Pelham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

How can anybody even suggest that a 12 year old can consent to sex with an adult. An adult who is also his basketball coach ? A very influential person in his life at that point. A 12 year old is a child. To a 12 year old who's life at that point is basketball, a basketball coach is a very imposing figure. How frightened this child must have been. A 12 year old child can easily be intimidated ESPECIALLY when the adult pig who is forcing himself on the child also controls a huge part of what is going on in that kids life at the time. How can someone suggest that 12 year olds are getting pregnant so this 12 year old should have known to stop an adult male from molesting him ? This is totally ridiculous !
Why would anyone think that this child who is now an adult should not have come out with the truth because he is subjecting himself to possible name calling. This in my mind is not only courageous but is proof enough to me that this sexual pervert really did molest him. Why else would someone open themselves up to possible ridicule at this point if the accusation wasn't true ? Maybe all the parents of children in the greater Tewksbury area whose kids were coached by this guy should wonder what may have happened to their kids that they don't know about. Maybe their kids have a story to tell also. Don't bet against it ! I hope you like it in prison Dennis !!!
Lowell

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

I also know this person very well...and i am so proud of him for coming forward, because i know this was and still is a very hard thing to go thro and have been thro all these years. And you did it..and thats all that matters. You did it. and told the TRUTH. Andlet me correct most of you.. he is not asking for anything out of this, hes just trying to stop this awful, sick man from doing it to anyone else. What an awful human being this man is, (grown Man) i should say and justice will be served, one way or another.He knows what he did, he knows. And Why dont you think of your kids having to go through such a painful memory and past..and then talk about this situation.
LTB

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Dennis coached at the summer basketball camps that I attended when I was 12. I recall him always cracking sexually perverted jokes to us. Many of us would find him "cool" because of this (an adult treating us like an adult).
I know your innocent until proven guilty, but he sure had a sexually deviant mind. On the other hand, I just can't understand why the victim didn't report it at the time. I remember how I was when I was 12. After knocking his teeth out, I would of reported it to the authorities.
STFU

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

BS.
Looks like this guy is trying to deflect attention away from other problems in his life.
Its been 30 years, weather it happened or not. Deal with it.
Bryan in Lowell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

well sounds like he didnt mind what was happening to him or he would have avoided the coach and not conitue for years to go and sleep over his house and transfer to another school for more "playing time"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A lawyer, a disaster (Nov '10) Tue Injun Joe 27
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Granite United to host 2nd annual free basketba... Aug 5 Erica Croteau 1
boobs (Oct '13) Aug 2 Franklin Hart 2
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Seabrook manager gets extra 5 months to move to... Aug 1 Poor Seabrook 1
Arthur T. Demoulas makes offer to buy Market Ba... Jul 27 Joe L Kaddie 3

Search the North Andover Forum:
•••

North Andover News Video

•••
North Andover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

North Andover Jobs

•••